Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

The Bengals might just be bad huh

I didn't see the game, but going by the stats, Burrow is hurt worse than they're letting on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

MJeff posted:

Media is extremely, extremely fractured nowadays and it's easy to, without even intending to, wind up in a very insulated space where you're only aware of the things you're into and only ever shown the things that interest you, so if you never seek out, say, Taylor Swift content, the enormity of her stardom may strike you much later than everybody else, as is the case with the guy who said "I wasn't aware of how big she was until a few months ago", which is around the time her new tour was exploding and making stories about how Ticketmaster was handling it so poorly their site was crashing and her fanbase was getting really, really pissed off at them. Tsking and finger wagging at people for not knowing how big somebody is, prior to that Ticketmaster stuff anyway, ironically, demonstrates that you are significantly more unaware of the way media works now than they are.

It actually makes perfect sense. You're just not in touch enough to understand it.

Yeah until the ticketmaster stories started I thought she was just a "normal" pop superstar on the same level as like, Harry Styles or Ed Sheeran or something, not "potentially emptying the stadium if she does the Super Bowl halftime show" level. I knew her fans were rabid but a lot of other musicians have the same thing.