Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
I'm in for as many as I can fit in this month!

I haven't been watching a lot of horror this year. I've been catching up on a lot of other blind spots instead. So this spooky season is my ticket back into my favorite genre! I've been looking forward to this challenge for months now! It's been a long summer.

I'm probably going to fill in some blind spots from the two lists in the OP and work from my personal watchlist randomly. I have a handful of 4ks that I need to watch through, as well.

It's gonna be a good time!

I want to say a huge Thank You to Basebf555 for running this thread. You've done a great job! And also a thank you to GMM and STAC Goat and Shrecknet for how much they contribute to the horror challenges and horror threads in general! And thank you for all the kind words for those who gave me a shout-out in their post. :cheers:

Franchescanado fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Just wanted to give a huge huge huge shout-out to Basebf555 for running the challenge this year! He did an excellent job.

It was an incredibly busy month for me. I managed to watch horror movies, but I had almost no down time to devote to writing reviews or posting much. I was graciously asked to officiate my best friend's wedding, so all my spare time and energy was directed towards that. Thankfully it went off without a single issue, and they are now happily married. I thought I would have a week leftover to write reviews, and then I got sick and spent all my spare time in bed. I'm (mostly) better now. None of that is important, but I wanted to overshare, I guess.

Here's a quick list of what I watched:
italics denote rewatch

House on Haunted Hill (1959)
The Final Destination
Freaks (1932)
Basket Case
Ginger Snaps
Halloweentown
Doctor X
Creature from the Black Lagoon
Lord of Illusions
Mom's Got A Date With A Vampire
Graveyard Shift
Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight
The Blob (1988)
Beyond the Black Rainbow
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
Scooby-Doo! and the Witch's Ghost
Frankenhooker
Silent Hill
The Night House
Hereditary
Halloween II (1981)
The Howling
Arachnophobia
Annabelle
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
The Nun
Halloween (1978)
Creepshow

It was mostly rewatches, since I couldn't really give a lot of energy to new movies. I liked pretty much everything except for Annabelle, The Nun, and Beyond the Black Rainbow. (Black Rainbow isn't bad, but it's certainly boring.) The Final Destination is the weakest of the series.

Overall, it was nice revisiting a lot of old favorites that I haven't seen in a few years. I wish I could have participated more, but there was just too much going on. Hopefully I can be more present during the next challenge.