Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

I mean it ain't called "Something Great" you know what I'm saying?

The other week I was reading a how-to thread and mentioned it to my wife and a few days later she asked what the thread had said, but she couldn't remember the name of the forum so she just called it "Forever Bad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Fat Chicks in Party Hats

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
a goon installed an email server at the New York residence of the secretary of state which would later become something of a news story

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
'tik tok'

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Remember the US military actions in Central America between 1898 and 1934, yeah that was us.

Back in those days SA's was mostly made up of banana tycoons. After that SA's world influence feel off quite a lot.

Probably for the best.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I’m fairly sure that there is a chain of events that lead from this site to musk buying twitter.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

buddy have you even seen my posts? :smug:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

have you seen the purple toilet op? the one in the woods?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
was that old scavenger hunt from the 70s or whatever ever solved or what was the deal with that thread

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

chickencheese

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe

pencilhands posted:

lets be honest as soon as 4chan picked up steam SA's relevance over the greater internet died.

Everyone on 4chan was banned from sa at one point

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

I was going to say the wizard pondering his orb meme but apparently the photoshop thread was created after it already had traction

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Trombone Champ!

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

the holy poopacy posted:

The other week I was reading a how-to thread and mentioned it to my wife and a few days later she asked what the thread had said, but she couldn't remember the name of the forum so she just called it "Forever Bad"

was that whole thing where you had the 2 cops pretend to execute you real or were you just making that up

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

I hear goku pants came from here, that was probably the last great thing we did

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

RepeatingMeme posted:

I hear goku pants came from here, that was probably the last great thing we did

they first appeared in chrono trigger

Mr_Companie
Jul 4, 2003

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN AN EXCITING BUISNESS OPPROTUNITY?
cursed dick

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bad Purchase posted:

they first appeared in chrono trigger

Which lavos ending did you need them to trigger???

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

The best is yet to come

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Saving Super Hornio Bros for posterity’s sake.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

RavenousScoot posted:

I was going to say the wizard pondering his orb meme but apparently the photoshop thread was created after it already had traction

wasn't the mystery of the druids screaming guy from here or was it like this too?

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

There's the goon who shot the nazi in the foot at a protest. I think the nazi was also called toes?

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Wee posted:

At the end of the day it was all done by other posters and before your time anyway, Its pretty weird how people steal glory just because they use the same site. Its real "Redditor" behavior.

There's posts on Bluesky, mainly about Groverhaus, and its like who the gently caress are these people?

stealing valor owns

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Jeff K's Smarty Man Game Designer Survivor

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

that photoshop of the dog wearing the mailmans shoes lmao they don't even fit

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Twas all for boners

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Oh wow thank you all for throwing this fancy thread just for me, please insert any cheques or cash envelopes into the strongbox and place all tea services to the left.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mr_Companie posted:

cursed dick

Thesaurus posted:

The best is yet to come

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

the holy poopacy posted:

:unsmith:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Private Cumshoe posted:

was that old scavenger hunt from the 70s or whatever ever solved or what was the deal with that thread

Szyznyk posted:

Saving Super Hornio Bros for posterity’s sake.

These came to mind. I've seen coverage of these in Youtube vids and such.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

Trombone Champ!

Cool stuff if this was a goon made game like Dropsy :)

unknown butthole
Jan 2, 2020

The old customs remain
and the ancient gods live on
smash mouth eat the eggs

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice
GBS->FYAD->BYOB->4chan-> the return and rise of fascism in the United States.

I guess in retrospect we should have allowed them to stay here to die with the forum, but at the time it seemed like a smart move to ban all those proto-Nazis.

In an alternate timeline, Al Gore wins the 2000 election, Lowtax embraces the FYAD chuds and eventually marries Tila Tequila as his 2nd wife (sparing 2 women their sanity). It suddenly dawns on most goons that the Internet does make you stupid, so we turn off our computers and head outside for the first time in years. Someone remarks "pak chooie unf" and another voice yells, "shut the gently caress up Elon."

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

lushka16 posted:

GBS->FYAD->BYOB->4chan-> the return and rise of fascism in the United States.

so it was 4chan that went back in time and elected ronald reagan?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Putty posted:

These came to mind. I've seen coverage of these in Youtube vids and such.

Lol the scavenger hunt gave at least 1 goon prodromal schizophrenia, or more commonly "the fyad disease"

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i wish there were still big goon invasions of silly corporate online games the whole "grays" thing was pretty fun.

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice

Earwicker posted:

so it was 4chan that went back in time and elected ronald reagan?

To me the last piece of the fascist puzzle came together when the white supremacists were openly welcomed (back) into the right's big tent. Without them I think everything would have fizzled out after the Tea Party.

White Supremacy was on the rise for sure by the early 2000s due to their campaign to convince libertarian-esque men that all speech must be free, but that too would have fizzled without "ironic racism", "ironic antisemitism" etc.

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

The random "Plot against Eddie Murphy" carol from last year's Christmas Music Thread.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11GW0UaI4Gici5UqYWkgAUYVuHYjue48J/view?pli=1

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice

Earwicker posted:

i wish there were still big goon invasions of silly corporate online games the whole "grays" thing was pretty fun.

Oh man I still think about that. Such a fun blend of harmless and nonsequitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

lushka16 posted:

To me the last piece of the fascist puzzle came together when the white supremacists were openly welcomed (back) into the right's big tent. Without them I think everything would have fizzled out after the Tea Party.

yes im sure the white supremacist organizations who've been running most police departments in the country and infiltrating those they didn't over the last several decades would just pack up and go home

the right is simply more open about fascism when they have the numbers to do so. 4chan et all was certainly part of that but i think goons are likely to overestimate the importance of the online element and also, i think there is a bit of mistaking symptoms for the disease going on. fascism was on the rise and many of the structures already in place well before most americans had any idea what the internet was, let alone the existence of sa etc.