Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which bear is fat bear?
This poll is closed.
480 Otis 7 11.48%
409 Beadnose 0 0%
747 26 42.62%
435 Holly 10 16.39%
A New Challenger 18 29.51%
Total: 61 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Bored As gently caress posted:

From where he's kneeling this must seem like an 18 karat run of bad luck. Truth is, the game was rigged from the start.

TIL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkova III
Jan 5, 2021

Bored As gently caress posted:

From where he's kneeling this must seem like an 18 karat run of bad luck. Truth is, the game was rigged from the start.

floating

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Fuuuuck someone on reddit posted his last ig post.

(he was in the hottub)

Well that's enough internet for a bit

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

A.o.D. posted:

I don't think so. The gag order is fairly limited in scope, which makes it remarkable that Trump violated it twice.

My understanding, and let me make this clear, IANAL, is that it prohibited talking about the court staff, and the prosecutors, but allowed talking about the Prosecution (the case, the strategy, the merits, but not the people) and to some extent the politics of the Judge.

I love anal too

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Milo and POTUS posted:

Fuuuuck someone on reddit posted his last ig post.

(he was in the hottub)

Well that's enough internet for a bit

It was from five days before his death, not the night of, if that is some comfort.

I'm inclined to believe the drugs really did a number on his physiology.

Also how many ties to Justin Trudeau did Matthew Perry have?? Could he be any more Ottawan?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Huh, same

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Sorry Matthew Perry, the game was rigged from the start.

He voiced Benny in Fallout: New Vegas

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1718806259196207463?t=qFcvVOZ_9UphHyIaU963zQ&s=19

Maybe Tanya will throw him in Pokey for a night to metaphorically punch him in the sack.

It's fun to dream, anyway.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Big 3 Strike tentatively over:

https://twitter.com/CoreyBCantor/status/1718982978452238525?t=s5Hsy2A8I4ycHLDNgXlr0A&s=19

UAW got Ford to cave and the rest basically followed.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
What concessions did they get? Hopefully there is a source other than Bloomberg.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

M_Gargantua posted:

What concessions did they get? Hopefully there is a source other than Bloomberg.

Here's a Reuters link: https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/uaw-leaders-push-ahead-with-ford-contract-gm-talks-drag-2023-10-29/

The key bit I'm seeing:

quote:

The union did back off some of its early demands that included a 32-hour work week, restoring defined benefit pensions and a 40% pay rise over the life of the contract.

I believe the union is getting 25% over three years (11% up-front), plus COLAs. Battery poo poo in American plants, two-tier appears to be reduced from 8-year separation to 3-year separation. I may be wrong about the last bit, because I don't have a full grasp on the two-tiers.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
You love to see it. gently caress anyone who hates unions.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Boo no 32 hour work weeks wtf

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I'm a poo poo negotiator and I figured the pension thing and the 32-hour weeks was just shoved in there to be bargained away. But getting lots of comments like this:

https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/1719001793932169294?t=NpBtqw8bSm5achOH7QywOg&s=19

Even saw some corporate stooge this morning rambling about how dare the UAW no longer care about the corporations' viability and costs. So bummer that they didn't get the full 40%, but it'll basically be 40% after the COLAs and the profit sharing checks.

... I still wouldn't recommend buying a car that might've been produced during the partial strike :v:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Devil's in the details. Hope they stay vigilant against corporate fuckery after the fact.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

M_Gargantua posted:

Isn’t Bloomberg a bit like WSJ in that their editorials are pro-plutocrat but their news coverage is accurate & reliable? Like our local Sinclair owned news station that has problematic coverage but oddly ultra-readable & accurate weather coverage.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Maybe, but its still paywalled all the same.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Isn’t Bloomberg a bit like WSJ in that their editorials are pro-plutocrat but their news coverage is accurate & reliable? Like our local Sinclair owned news station that has problematic coverage but oddly ultra-readable & accurate weather coverage.

I'd consider them more like CNBC in that if it comes to nuts-and-bolts business reporting they're on solid ground, but when you get into anything political or cultural you're getting a random dice roll on the Crazy Table.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

M_Gargantua posted:

Maybe, but its still paywalled all the same.

For WSJ if I really want to read an article the local library’s website includes them in a news portal. Beats giving the Murdochs money.

GD_American posted:

I'd consider them more like CNBC in that if it comes to nuts-and-bolts business reporting they're on solid ground, but when you get into anything political or cultural you're getting a random dice roll on the Crazy Table.

That’s a good comparison. I wasn’t a fan of Bloomberg confirming that during his presidential campaign he’d plan to use his news service to run positive articles about himself, that’s Tammany Hall BS. And of course he was demanding everyone return to the office ASAP to save NYC real estate prices.

Hyrax Attack! fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 30, 2023

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:smuggo:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-live-cluster-bomblet-ammunition-found-donation-southeastern-104450126

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Would you pay $25B to force other posters to read your terrible poo poo? One person did:

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1719055397200564603?t=uPTYZfEgLfUzgN2zmvY14w&s=19

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I hope it ends up costing him an arm and a leg

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

Would you pay $25B to force other posters to read your terrible poo poo? One person did:

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1719055397200564603?t=uPTYZfEgLfUzgN2zmvY14w&s=19

That is such a massive, massive self own

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

GD_American posted:

bloomberg is legit the single best source of news in the world for business and markets. they employ hundreds of actual journalists across the world. the owner, you might recall, once ran for the dem nomination. so even their editorial content, while typically pro business, isn’t full crazy train. some of their writers are even fairly left leaning.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

That is such a massive, massive self own

You love to see it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I sure do

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

facialimpediment posted:

Seraph, is that you?

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Milo and POTUS posted:

I hope it ends up costing him an arm and a leg

I guess that's one way to get him to care about accessibility on Twitter

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

facialimpediment posted:

I'm a poo poo negotiator and I figured the pension thing and the 32-hour weeks was just shoved in there to be bargained away. But getting lots of comments like this:

https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/1719001793932169294?t=NpBtqw8bSm5achOH7QywOg&s=19

Even saw some corporate stooge this morning rambling about how dare the UAW no longer care about the corporations' viability and costs. So bummer that they didn't get the full 40%, but it'll basically be 40% after the COLAs and the profit sharing checks.

... I still wouldn't recommend buying a car that might've been produced during the partial strike :v:

They would most likely calculate total labor cost and assign a $ value to each part of that compensation. The value of a 32 hour work week is 8 hours OT/man/week or something, I'm not thinking too hard. Separate that out into each step so wage, contractual OT, medical, DBP, 401k, training. Then you have a total labor cost/man/day or whatever. Pensions are harder to get since they put long term liabilities on companies balance sheets and they hate them, even if it might result in lower TLC, so sometimes its about creating clarity, reducing long term liability, increasing stability, for the company.

The question then is what parts of that you want to push, whats important to the membership and company, and what you're not so invested in and can give up. They would have made a plan outlining their must haves, their try to gets, and their it would be nices before going in.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
non-warfighting gently caress piece of poo poo pog

https://twitter.com/dougmillsnyt/status/1719139955190976715

edit: also

https://twitter.com/KMOV/status/1719089553854615959

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
Gooch lmao

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Starting to think Dan Crenshaw is a loving moron.
https://twitter.com/samfbiddle/status/1719114864801857616?s=46&t=qkLqegFdEqINeFeUz_b8fw

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

are valors :(

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

A former SEAL is a loving moron

[Tiny Dancer starts playing in the background]

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

How's about you get some head gear and come back with yer squad leader. Bring a canteen.

Bumble bee girl, start singing No Rain.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The congressman nobody would know who the hell he was if not for Pete Davidson?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

CBJSprague24 posted:

The congressman nobody would know who the hell he was if not for Pete Davidson?

Well… there was also THIS!

https://youtu.be/wwX-SnlzHPQ?si=sp2_pLkR9gfv2pT1

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

I immediately regret what clicking that link will do to my algorthim on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

to be fair i would be surprised if a significant proportion of the US population knew what Dagestan is. it doesn't have a whole lot of relevance to people outside of southern Russia, and doesn't even have the name recognition of Chechnya from the war. internal administrative divisions of distant foreign countries aren't really something most people have a need to know