Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

hello all! it's october, aka the best season (every season is the best season, but this one is especially the best). we have a few fun things planned, watch this space.

but! GaG and I wanted to an interest check for the traditional byob costume parade/spooooky avatar thing. there is always the option to change your avatar to a seasonal one of course, the question is whether GaG and I bother the admins and ask them for free reverts to your normal av after halloween is over. we didn't get too many takers last year, so we wanted to ask: who's up for a spooky avatar parade this year?

to be absolutely clear: everyone can and is encouraged to "dress up" your avatar as seasonally appropriate in any event! this is just an interest check for whether we should bother Jeffrey and ask for some free reverts (after paying the normal fivebux to buy your spooky avatar of course)!

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

i wouldn't mind a revert after the season is over

e:

your friend sk fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 1, 2023

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
it's always a fun idea but money is tight rn :ohdear:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Dumb Sex-Parrot
I'm totally up for a spooky avatar.

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
i'm spooked up!
my bones are raised!
i've had it up to here! *points to my skull*

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I'm willing to spend $5.00 for a spooky AV if I can get it reverted for free.

Ass-penny

Barking Gecko posted:

I'm willing to spend $5.00 for a spooky AV if I can get it reverted for free.

:haibrow:

Manifisto

Sherbert Hoover posted:

i'm spooked up!
my bones are raised!
i've had it up to here! *points to my skull*

and your costume is glorious!!

ty nesamdoom!

alexandriao

Areola Grande posted:

yh this

Too much is always not enough!

(Thanks to tvsveryown for the spring sig!)

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Areola Grande posted:

This. Afraid I cannot participate. 😢

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
Sorry if this isn't a good thread for this. I didn't think the pets thread would be a good spot either so... Posting limbo of sorts. I thought this would be an ok spot cause it's spooky related.

I'm working on a pumpkin for a contest at work and I have a fog machine setup I want to use.

The cooler contains the fog and cools it so it stay a low lying fog. I know you can low lying fog juice but that's not fun cause I don't get to build weird poo poo.
Anyways, I thought using a small aquarium air pump to pump fog into the Pumpkin would be a decent idea cause it only pumps a small amount instead of generating clouds.
Then I discovered that I don't know how to get the aquarium pump to push the fog. Would it work if I put the pump unit inside the cooler, where all the fog will be sitting? It seems like it would work but I don't know for sure.

The idea for the Pumpkin is going to be a diorama of a spooky forest with skulls and lights and (hopefully) spooky fog. Kind of like a portal to Halloween Town or something similar.

thank you RavenousScoot 🤘🐹

Barking Gecko

AdvilSmith posted:

Sorry if this isn't a good thread for this. I didn't think the pets thread would be a good spot either so... Posting limbo of sorts. I thought this would be an ok spot cause it's spooky related.

I'm working on a pumpkin for a contest at work and I have a fog machine setup I want to use.

The cooler contains the fog and cools it so it stay a low lying fog. I know you can low lying fog juice but that's not fun cause I don't get to build weird poo poo.
Anyways, I thought using a small aquarium air pump to pump fog into the Pumpkin would be a decent idea cause it only pumps a small amount instead of generating clouds.
Then I discovered that I don't know how to get the aquarium pump to push the fog. Would it work if I put the pump unit inside the cooler, where all the fog will be sitting? It seems like it would work but I don't know for sure.

The idea for the Pumpkin is going to be a diorama of a spooky forest with skulls and lights and (hopefully) spooky fog. Kind of like a portal to Halloween Town or something similar.

The air intake for an aquarium pump is usually somewhere on or inside the body of the pump, so you would probably have to put it inside the fog container.

Ass-penny

post the pumpkin when it's done imo. I also don't know how aquarium pumps work but with fog being what yer trying to move I reckon it's safe to just keep moving the pump/hoses around until you find the sweet spot for what you're going for.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

AdvilSmith

Broken! Busted! Everybody has something to repair. Before buying new, let Mighty Putty fix it for you.
Moving it inside the fog chamber worked! I may find a pump that is a bit stronger, maybe not. I think if the fog is cool enough, it should hang out on the Pumpkin floor a bit better.

Got some spooky skeleton heads I painted for this as well. Bought a skull garland from spirit Halloween for $10 and I got 8 skulls to play with. Putting LEDs in them too for extra spooky Probably only going to have 2 or 3 as part of the entire project.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
eagerly awaiting for updates on the fog pumpkin - fumpkin - and I've got two 5$ certs if anyone wants to get spooked up

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

AdvilSmith

I have an update on the fog pumpkin. The fog does work quite well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSj_Sx6_KX0

AdvilSmith

Still playing around with the actual interior. Open to suggestions for what I should do with it. It reminds me of the secret grottos from ocarina of time.

Manifisto

that is amazing, outstanding work!!

I love the interior already. if it hadn't become a weird cultural artifact, I'd suggest putting slenderman in there, in among trees that he resembles, so it takes a minute to even see the spooky toothpick.

ty nesamdoom!

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
:eek: :spooky:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
that is so cool

AdvilSmith

I don't think anyone at work would recognize the spooky beanpole. That would be cool to have him in among the trees. Now, I don't know why exactly but when I think of slender man the only image that comes to mind is salad fingers.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i'm down for this, parking my original here for the revert:

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

Zoya

echoes of a distant past,
bodies die but voices last.
once were held within a cell,
your mind is where these voices dwell.

i did it :evilbuddy:

thank you snuff melange for the beautiful winter siggy~!

Barking Gecko

:nice:

also

:spooky:

Dumb Sex-Parrot
neat!

Finger Prince

Anyone who wants to use this as an av or a sig or to make a greeting card from to send to their mum is welcome to it.

Manifisto

Finger Prince posted:

Anyone who wants to use this as an av or a sig or to make a greeting card from to send to their mum is welcome to it.

lol did u make this

ty nesamdoom!

Finger Prince

Manifisto posted:

lol did u make this

Bing made it, I just told it what to draw.

baka of lathspell

Pls make me a spook av

Pls make Jeffrey pay for the revert

E:

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Areola Grande

Finger Prince posted:

I'll give it a good home :haibrow:

AdvilSmith

I founs this spooky skeletal at meijer and decided its going to be a topper for my pumpkin. He'll get some paint soon to up the spook factor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSXOrTeIFUI

Ass-penny

oh here's my av in case it does get changed at some point:

also I'd be willing to spend 10 and cover someone else's av change in addition to my own. I saw there were a few abstaining due to cost reasons, I'm willing to bet other yobbers have an extra fiver about to help spread the holiday cheer :shobon:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

FutonForensic

rear end-penny posted:

I'm willing to bet other yobbers have an extra fiver about to help spread the holiday cheer :shobon:

yeah. like me. I'll cover an AV change, unless I forget about this thread in which case sorry lol

baka of lathspell

FutonForensic posted:

yeah. like me. I'll cover an AV change, unless I forget about this thread in which case sorry lol

ur lookin snazzy

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

FutonForensic

baka fwocka fwame posted:

ur lookin snazzy

same to you

AdvilSmith

Pumpkin Progress Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAixvdMgbHo

AdvilSmith

OG pumpkin did the rot so I had to get a new pumpkin. This one is nicer anyways.

Areola Grande

my fellow budtenders are expecting me to dress up as The Dude for Halloween. I've got the physique and the shades but not much else. I've stopped shaving so I look p slovenly. having a glass of milk ready is easy.

what I need are as follows:

1: those noodly, weirdly long shorts

2: that robe

3: a The Dude wig

:thunkin: hmm what else am I missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Areola Grande posted:

my fellow budtenders are expecting me to dress up as The Dude for Halloween. I've got the physique and the shades but not much else. I've stopped shaving so I look p slovenly. having a glass of milk ready is easy.

what I need are as follows:

1: those noodly, weirdly long shorts

2: that robe

3: a The Dude wig

:thunkin: hmm what else am I missing

Donnie's ashes in a coffee can

you should probably have someone piss on your rug too