Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which ghost of MMA still haunts you?
This poll is closed.
Nick Diaz 1 3.57%
Chuck Liddell 5 17.86%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Matt Serra 2 7.14%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Oh no you said his name three times 8 28.57%
Run 1 3.57%
RUN 11 39.29%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Here's the Oil Dome fight from last weekend, in case you missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1McBKxLKzY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coathat
May 21, 2007

After watching the last fight on ONE i have to say they have much stronger children fighting than fight circus

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Trillhouse posted:

Here's the Oil Dome fight from last weekend, in case you missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1McBKxLKzY

This is so much less entertaining than you would think.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bellator gonna Bellator

https://x.com/LynchOnSports/status/1710332887944622464?s=20

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

blue footed boobie posted:

This is so much less entertaining than you would think.

there's a reason Untrustable's brother made sure there was a dry patch in his cell. maybe learn from those that came before you, fight circus!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If it winds up being Bellator's last show, it is the most Bellator exit possible to have 4 advertised title fights with half of them blown up days before

reeg
Jul 5, 2002

No, something even more Bellator happened. They booked too many fights and now their last show will be a nice even 301

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

Chris James 2 posted:

If it winds up being Bellator's last show, it is the most Bellator exit possible to have 4 advertised title fights with half of them blown up days before

Apparently Bader had a late replacement lined up but Viacom refused to pay for it to happen.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

An update on this, she got another hour to make weight and used the curtain on her second attempt, weighing in the second time at 128.2. Those of you paying attention might notice that's actually bigger than the first number. I love this dumb loving sport.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

beLOLator

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

LobsterMobster posted:

:siren: B-League Round-Up :siren:

ONE Fight Night 15 - Friday 8PM ET, Amazon Prime

ONE Championship is back at the hallowed grounds of the Lumpinee Boxing Stadium for another night of action. Tawanchai P.K. Saenchai takes on Jo Nattawut in a kickboxing bout. Mikey Muscumeci is gonna do the Man-Grab in a grappling bout against Shinya Aoki. Timofey “Tim Nasty” Nastyukhin faces Lipeng Zhang, and in the main event, former champ Thanh Le faces Ilya Freymanov for the Interim Lightweight title.

This should be a really good card with a lot of fun fights. Watch it!

Show is live

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4043790

GDT for Dawson/Green and Bellator 300 is up. UFC starts in 25-30 pending the prelim cancellations making poo poo late, Bellator starts in about three hours.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Brut posted:

An update on this, she got another hour to make weight and used the curtain on her second attempt, weighing in the second time at 128.2. Those of you paying attention might notice that's actually bigger than the first number. I love this dumb loving sport.

Thats gotta be a first right for me, I've never seen someone hop back on to weight cutting and putting more weight on instead, that's incredible

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

chaleski posted:

Thats gotta be a first right for me, I've never seen someone hop back on to weight cutting and putting more weight on instead, that's incredible

Yeah I'd love to hear what actually happened there, was there a "towel trick" on the first attempt or something along those lines? Did she just say gently caress it and start rehydrating between attempts knowing she's not gonna make it regardless? :shrug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

chaleski posted:

I want to say I've heard of it happening before, but only in miniscule amounts (.1-.3 lbs). Almost 2 full pounds is :psyduck:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Brut posted:

Was she holding the drat curtain herself?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Was she holding the drat curtain herself?

lmao.

Bellator prelims are going, watch them for free here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qckiYi0HM-g

Edit: oops wrong thread lmao

Brut fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 8, 2023

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Conor has apparently sobered up enough to get in the USADA pool. Michael Chandler must be so happy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Were any of the fights worth watching? I haven't looked.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Were any of the fights worth watching? I haven't looked.

I think skip the UFC prelims, the main card was alright. I didn't see much on the Bellator card that got my attention but maybe that was just me.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Brut posted:

I think skip the UFC prelims, the main card was alright. I didn't see much on the Bellator card that got my attention but maybe that was just me.

Thank you for your service.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

don't bother with the bellator

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Hey, remember how nice it was that Derrick Lewis got a really cool win and we were happy about it and kind of sort of wanted him to retire before someone else made him look terrible again?

https://twitter.com/mma_orbit/status/1711430851156676964

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

CarlCX posted:

Hey, remember how nice it was that Derrick Lewis got a really cool win and we were happy about it and kind of sort of wanted him to retire before someone else made him look terrible again?

I AINT GOIN BACK TO JAIL(TON)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

CarlCX posted:

Lewis is gonna gently caress this dude up, mark my words.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
“Jailton” is a name the Chappelle Show writers would have nixed for being “too much”.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

Conor has apparently sobered up enough to get in the USADA pool. Michael Chandler must be so happy.

How long do the roids stay in your system these days and are we going to see some absurd testosterone levels after two years on the juice?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Scapegoat posted:

How long do the roids stay in your system these days and are we going to see some absurd testosterone levels after two years on the juice?

Conor's bizarre delay in reentering the testing pool despite supposedly wanting to fight in December definitely has nothing to do with him waiting until he tests clean using private testing, yup, couldn't be.

Would be funny though if he was too cheap to spend on the good stuff and USADA somehow catches him anyway.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they'll kayfabe it away as some bullshit anyway. i think ufc should abolish drug testing completely and let the freaks fly.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

they'll kayfabe it away as some bullshit anyway. i think ufc should abolish drug testing completely and let the freaks fly.

Nah, there's orgs for that if you want it, KSW if you want to fight in Europe, RIZIN if you wanna fight in Asia and basically any regional org if you wanna fight in the US (CFFC or whatever). Also UFC fighters are underpaid as it is, it would be even more pronounced if they all had to afford a bunch of gear.

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

Also, the clean ones would have no choice but to gear up which is a lovely thing to force someone to do.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Clearly the solution is to have a Clean belt and a Pride belt

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
It's only a proper PRIDE belt if the swollen 225lb steroid monster is allowed to beat up terrified 145lb Japanese men in between defences.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
https://x.com/CCLegaspi/status/1711925899782754398?s=20

on one hand, god drat it. on the other, cool rematch.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
gently caress if that is true, really sucks for Charles. Really looking forward to their rematch

Also, Volk is a madman if he is taking this on 2 weeks notice. Especially with what he had surgery back in July on his shoulder

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 11, 2023

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
volk / islam 2 would be a fascinating fight. it would be a real insight into their ability to adapt after 25 minutes of data and i'd watch the gently caress out of it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
gotta think the shorter time frame would have to favour volk. i bet that fight has been on his mind this entire time.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
Dana just confirmed it in the DWCS postfight presser. Charles is out, Volk is in. Oh, and Costa vs Chimaev might not happen too, depending on Costa's surgery.

individual865 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
I wanted to see them fight again but I legit don’t know what they’re thinking rushing Volk into that.