Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which ghost of MMA still haunts you?
This poll is closed.
Nick Diaz 1 3.57%
Chuck Liddell 5 17.86%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Matt Serra 2 7.14%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Oh no you said his name three times 8 28.57%
Run 1 3.57%
RUN 11 39.29%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fight promoters are like politicians. There's no good guys, you just hope you're getting the least actively bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Everyone's wrong and dumb and stupid but there's a fix that won't actually fix anything but the rich dude in charge can claim a win. America in a nutshell.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My brother just rescheduled his birthday lunch from this sunday to next right when this card is on and I am loving livid.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

bring a tablet, ask for wifi and remember how to type sport's urge.

I bought a powerbank and one of those boomer phone cases that folds into a stand. Going to be anti social as gently caress.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Main card = 10 pm Abu Dhabi time = 2 pm Eastern US = 4 am Eastern Australia?

fucks sake

Actually yeah, given is Abu dhabi which I didn't realise I should get to see at least the co man and main.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dan Henderson is on the JRE and aside from some boring stuff about bow hunting at the start its pretty much Henderson telling war stories about wrecking world class fighters with like 2 weeks notice and its pretty great.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Aspinal Pavlovich should be fun / hilarious regardless. Jiri v Periera should be pretty amazing too (it'll fall apart a week out)/

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

8 month recovery for Jones so I guess 300 is out.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

my dude they just made an interim heavyweight title fight, i read it in a tweet about 2 minutes ago as i type this, and i can't name either of the people fighting for it and i'm a mostly detached ex fan. imagine a casual viewer

Casuals know names, not weight classes.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i think jones retires before he fights someone that isn't a big draw with a puncher's chance.

One thing Jones isn't though is a coward when it comes to fighting people.

Dude took on guys like Gustafson just doing blow and partying. He's not one to duck.

I also wouldn't be surprised if he needed to top up his retirement fund after being on the shelf so long.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Conor might have hung around for longer at FW, but I don't think he would have been able to hold out the mature Holloway we've seen for the last 5 years or Volk who's at this point the best 145 pounder in history. There's a reason why Conor who poo poo talks everyone regularly just says "well done sir" when it comes to Volk.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Nierbo posted:

That invicta card sucked. Maybe I didn't have the context or something.

There's your context.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ngannou doing well through the first. Nice body work, hes getting hit a whole lot though.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That was a much bigger second round for Francis. Tyson looks a little gassy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

COPE 27 posted:

Lmao did Francis just steal a round?

I think so.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

LETS loving GO NGANNOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Imagine dana's increasing redness watching this

BlindSite