Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which ghost of MMA still haunts you?
This poll is closed.
Nick Diaz 1 3.57%
Chuck Liddell 5 17.86%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Matt Serra 2 7.14%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Oh no you said his name three times 8 28.57%
Run 1 3.57%
RUN 11 39.29%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I regret to inform everyone that the much anticipated rematch between Ryan Bader and Linton Vassell for the Bellator heavyweight title scheduled for Bellator 300 has been canceled.

I fully understand that we all need time to process and come to terms with this development.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Champs in ONE don't even get to keep their enormous dumb belts or are allowed to refer to themselves as ONE champion without prior written consent

https://twitter.com/erikmagraken/status/1709613610274840629?t=-xtz6nBipgJ6qpMHvTKZng&s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:siren: B-League Round-Up :siren:

ONE Fight Night 15 - Friday 8PM ET, Amazon Prime

ONE Championship is back at the hallowed grounds of the Lumpinee Boxing Stadium for another night of action. Tawanchai P.K. Saenchai takes on Jo Nattawut in a kickboxing bout. Mikey Muscumeci is gonna do the Man-Grab in a grappling bout against Shinya Aoki. Timofey “Tim Nasty” Nastyukhin faces Lipeng Zhang, and in the main event, former champ Thanh Le faces Ilya Freymanov for the Interim Lightweight title.

This should be a really good card with a lot of fun fights. Watch it!

Bellator 300 - Saturday 10PM ET, Showtime

Will this be Bellator’s swan song? Presumably not, since Bellator 301 is right around the corner. But this might be the beginning of the end.

The prelims, as per usual, are overloaded with people you’ve never heard of and will likely never see again. We’ve got a pair of debuting heavyweights going at it, Geoff Neal’s brother is here, and hey, we even have Sara McMann on the card. My recommendation for Bellator prelims is to always wait about an hour or two, then start the stream and play the fights at 1.5 speed, skipping forward any time you see Josh Thomson on screen.

The main card certainly feels like a going out of business situation. There are four fights, and they are all title bouts. Liz “Girl-Rilla” Carmouche defends the Flyweight belt against the inaugural champ, close friend and training partner, Ilima-Lei Macfarlane. This should be a fun fight, but it could also turn into two friends being tentative about hurting each other. Oops!

Ryan Bader defends the heavyweight title against Linton Vassell. This is a rematch nearly six years in the making that nobody asked for, but here we are, I suppose. this fight is off.

In the co-main event, Cris Cyborg returns to the world famous Bellator Circlegon, having spent the last 18 months beating up scrubs in boxing while advocating for a fascist coup of Brazil. She’s taking on Cat Zingano, who is riding a four fight win streak since moving to Bellator.

In the main event, Usman Nurmagomedov takes on Brent Primus in the Lightweight Grand Prix Semifinals, which is also a Lightweight title bout. Usman punched his ticket by submitting Benson Henderson in the first round, while Primus took a decision over Mansour Barnaoui.

Bellator 300’s main card looks decent, but y’know, there’s a strong possibility we get 100 75 minutes of uneventful grappling, tepid kickboxing, and cage clinching.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CarlCX posted:

Hey, remember how nice it was that Derrick Lewis got a really cool win and we were happy about it and kind of sort of wanted him to retire before someone else made him look terrible again?

https://twitter.com/mma_orbit/status/1711430851156676964

I AINT GOIN BACK TO JAIL(TON)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Joey McChrist posted:

wasnt it t-ferg that ate quail eggs and died or was that someone else

Diego Sanchez lost because he ate steak tartare and raw quail eggs

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

been out of commission due to ~stuff~

any of the fights last weekend worth a watch?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Buddy, Dana is waiting for the day he gets to charge fighters for the privilege of fighting inside the world famous octagon sponsored by the Orphan Grinding Machine

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

CarlCX posted:

I absolutely agree, and I also hope someone in his camp has his ear enough to tell him not to fight Ilia Topuria in January so he can have actual time to really recover and prepare after getting his poo poo wrecked.

Dana: yeah, but we can either have you fight Ilia in two weeks or 10 months. You really want to sit around at home that long with YOUR THOUGHTS creeping in, bud?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

:siren: B-League Round-Up :siren:

Invicta FC 54: McCormack vs Wojcik

Oh hello. Is it time for your quarterly Invicta check-in already? Time sure does fly, doesn’t it? Let’s see what the premier all-women’s MMA organization has on store for this card.

Danni “Mac” McCormack defends the Strawweight title against Karolina Wojcik. This is a very surprising fight, mostly for the fact that McCormack has not yet dropped the belt in the trash en route to a UFC contract. I mean, she’s Irish and everything!

Danni took the belt against me-favorite “Tina Black” Valesca Machado back in March by a solid unanimous decision. On that same card, Wojcik was edging out Ediana Silva by split decision, one fight removed from losing in a vacant title bout against Machado in 2022.

In the co-main event Valesca Machado (Everyone simply cannot stop talking about her because I won’t let them!) takes on Kalindra Faria. Faria was last seen on the global stage losing to triangle armbar to Joanne Wood in 2018, and last notched a victory over a then 3-0 Dina da Silva in 2022. Hopefully Shannon Knapp has read my letters that say “let tina black beat people up more” and this is her answer.

The rest of the card is solid enough. Kristina “Warhorse” Williams looks to rule rear end over Combate Global legend Dee Begley. Hilarie Rose brings a 6-6 record, with those six wins coming over fighters who are currently a combined 9-28 up against 3-2 Andrea Amarao (Those 3 ladies are 4-13 right now. Yeeps!) Riley Martinez takes on the accomplished judoka, German sumo champion and TV news presenter Julia Dorny. I am so glad I got to type that last sentence, MMA is so weird.

The card starts off with “Sweet” Maria Djukic taking on Fernanda Araujo. Araujo is only 2-3 as a pro, but she has amateur fights with Pam Sorenson and Peggy Morgan dating back ten years ago. You may remember Peggy Morgan from TUF 18 (to quote Carl, JESUS CHRIST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

PFL/Bellator Super Fights to make:

Ryan Bader vs Shoeface
Patricky Pitbull vs Clay Collard