Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which ghost of MMA still haunts you?
This poll is closed.
Nick Diaz 1 3.57%
Chuck Liddell 5 17.86%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Matt Serra 2 7.14%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Oh no you said his name three times 8 28.57%
Run 1 3.57%
RUN 11 39.29%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
I know we don't expect much out of the UFC these days and nothing should surprise us, but this is legitimately shocking. Are they going back to WADAs 3 or 4 drug tests a year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Usman really has a way with words: Like the saying goes 'fighters fight'. I think Chimaev takes this early and decisively. Interestingly Chimaev is a 2 to 1 favourite against the former p4p #1 but i think Usman has started his Tyron Woodley slide. His knees have been dust for years and the short notice and 185lb weight class won't help him one bit despite his protestations.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Brut posted:

The only thing that makes me unsure is that Chimaev has been out of action for over a year and seems like he might have been taking training a little less seriously, but I could easily be getting the wrong impression there.

Yeah thats totally fair and Allstar aren't known for demanding insane gas tanks out of their fighters. Chimaev slowed down vs Burns too but I think he's going to get a flash knockdown submission against Kamaru early. So basically its the ol reliable 'if it finishes early its X, if it goes to the later rounds its Y'

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Love the guy

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Next time Adesanya loses can we change the thread title to Izzy come, Izzy go?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
The way Dana burst into yelling about Pavlovich was so cringey

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
And now we'll never see Jones Ngannou either. At least not in MMA

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
If connor stuck to 145 he'd still be champ

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Yeah good point. Volk would out tough him

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
That invicta card sucked. Maybe I didn't have the context or something.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
After doing an 8 or 9 figure contract with Bud Light, fighter pay should double instantly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

delightful posted:

Just my humble opinion but an elite level striker doesn’t get leg kicked into a casket

I am of this opinion too. Nate was so front leg heavy and he never adjusted