Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which ghost of MMA still haunts you?
This poll is closed.
Nick Diaz 1 3.57%
Chuck Liddell 5 17.86%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Matt Serra 2 7.14%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Oh no you said his name three times 8 28.57%
Run 1 3.57%
RUN 11 39.29%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Trillhouse posted:

Here's the Oil Dome fight from last weekend, in case you missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1McBKxLKzY

This is so much less entertaining than you would think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Conor has apparently sobered up enough to get in the USADA pool. Michael Chandler must be so happy.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Looks like Usman is being lined up as a replacement for Costa. I don’t think a card has ever failed upwards like this before.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Vince McMahon is a genius. Can’t wait to see a three way super heavyweight battle royale between Jon Jones, Conor, and Paulo Costa where they’re all so juiced they look like a bunch of thanksgiving day parade floats throwing out hogan leg drops and doing the peoples elbow.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Marching Powder posted:

USADA was just for legitimacy purposes in preparation to be accepted into the mainstream and bought by a huge conglomerate like the Reebok deal right? Now that that is all done the sport can return to the state of 'clean' we accept from the NBA, NFL, and pro wrestling.

I think a lot of it is the ESPN deal and the fact that UFC now has a professional board. Imagine the UFC brass explaining to a room full of Gordon Gecko types that, well, the easiest way they can make more money is to have Conor fight, and erm, he can't fight because of USADA, and geez, USADA is voluntary, plus -- you're not going to believe this -- we pay for USADA, and then explaining that there's literally no short-term downside to ditching USADA because the fighters will only have their hearts explode 20 years down the line and UFC has a ton of guaranteed ESPN money. Plus, on top of that, we get to market huge roided up hulking freakshows?

I bet the USADA contract just spontaneously combusted in the board room.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

given how much the UFC monitors/guides/offers to help with weight cuts and diets, and given how many performance institutes they are building,

I’ve always been under the impression that all UFC does for weight cuts is to maybe answer the phone when a fighter calls to say they hosed it up and can’t fight. Also I don’t know a lot about the performance institutes but it seems like they’re pretty vanilla gyms that are usually empty?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

STONE COLD 64 posted:

isnt it on saturday?

Australians.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Discord gatekeeping is a very particular type of flex.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I learned of Shara Magomedov a few days ago and I legitimately did not know that you could get cleared to fight with one eye.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
All I can make out from that is what sounds like usman saying pop, but could be something else.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Lid posted:

think Dana offered a dumptruck because its a Middle East card and he does not want them to pull their money out of this sportswashing venture

Yeah I have assumed for a while now that Dana goes way over the top to fix late changes for PPV headliners. It’s the one time where the fighter has all the leverage, and he seems to be able to motivate a lot of big fighters to take fights on short notice.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
The only remotely interesting heavyweight title matches are jones vs Stipe or Jones vs Pavlovich, and I only have any faith that Jones/Pavlovich will be remotely competitive.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Yeah he looks like a competent boxer. Fury is much better obviously.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Omg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Um is Francis actuality going to win this