Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which ghost of MMA still haunts you?
This poll is closed.
Nick Diaz 1 3.57%
Chuck Liddell 5 17.86%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Matt Serra 2 7.14%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Oh no you said his name three times 8 28.57%
Run 1 3.57%
RUN 11 39.29%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Were any of the fights worth watching? I haven't looked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Brut posted:

I think skip the UFC prelims, the main card was alright. I didn't see much on the Bellator card that got my attention but maybe that was just me.

Thank you for your service.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

USADA was always bad, actually.

e] can't believe how USADA has disrespected this guy who did so much drugs his head doubled in size.

Now they're going with the people who test the NFL which is famously clean and has zero people doping.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dana wants people to love him. If you tell Dana you love him, he showers you with praise and money. See, e.g., McGregor and O’Malley.

If you don’t tell Dana you love him, you might as well not exist.

Francis doesn’t give a gently caress about Dana White.

I was at Francis’ first UFC fight and knew then this guy was special. He walked out to the braveheart theme.

I missed the match live and just watched now. It wad glorious. The announces said fury looked like a tall bag of milk at the start, and I loled. Then Francis outboxed him and was robbed.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I think if Francis hadn't went headhunting after that knockdown and kept the same measured strategy that he would have knocked him out in the next few rounds. Calm Francis is terrifying, and he's going to absolutely destroy the next person that gets in the ring with him now that he's gotten some more experience under his belt.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Here's a prime example of Nick Diaz loving with someone's head and beating a fighter that could have finished him twice had he not been flustered by Nick's poo poo talking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_vrF7N7Cu8

The ref did not stop the fight on either of the Daley knockdowns because he said Nick was still shittalking while getting whomped on the ground. How disheartening must it be to drop someone and be chasing a finish, but you don't get it and the whole time he's laying there while you're punching him calling you a "pussy rear end bitch."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also Nick had absolutely insane cardio. You ever watch Nick Diaz just work a speedbag for 23 minutes straight? Here's your chance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfz3_MrrxkU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Remember when Holly Holm kicked Ronda Rousey in the mouth so hard she couldn't eat an apple for months after?