Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which ghost of MMA still haunts you?
This poll is closed.
Nick Diaz 1 3.57%
Chuck Liddell 5 17.86%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Matt Serra 2 7.14%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Oh no you said his name three times 8 28.57%
Run 1 3.57%
RUN 11 39.29%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Dana dropped USADA for Conor goddamn.

Lol what an insane week.

“Jeff Novitsky was never my friend” coming at the next press conference.

FishBowlRobot fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Hendricks and Weidman, champions in 2024 bruh.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Khabib was defeated by tiramisu. And whatever body parts exploded. Knees, maybe? Kidneys?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

AndyElusive posted:

Poor Conor.

It’s despicable what heroes like him and Jon Jones have had to endure.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I couldn’t find anything with a search, but I thought some prominent MMA gym’s members got caught with a poo poo ton of pills. I thought it was ATT but maybe I’m totally misremembering.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

CarlCX posted:

Most of the card wasn't bad, actually. Barboza/Yusuff, Martinez/Yanez and Elkins/Brown were the most fun altogether fights, Pereira/Petroski and McKinney/Marotte were the most fun fights that could've been gifs.

Also, on the topic of Bellator being sold off, I guess this is probably why:
https://twitter.com/KevinI/status/1714312198150070541
Kind of wild to be one of the only networks getting OUT of the live sports model in 2023, but go with god, I guess.

drat. Guess this is why Luke Thomas has been so openly stressed. RIP Morning Kombat.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Hey Donk! Are you on the official Morning Kombat discord?

I don’t think I knew there was one. But I would join it for sure.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Gonna need a body language expert to weigh in before I decide whether Usman will lose by TKO or decision

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Eat This Glob posted:

could the ufc build an octagon so large that all 500 fighters could hide under it for the next two months?

Lol. They could make one big enough for the 20 or so fighters they sort of care about I guess.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

moctopus posted:

I do not care about Jones v Stipe in 2023 at all.

What if it they did it in the middle of next year instead? So Stipe can continue to decay and Jones can “heal his injuries” Conor style. How does that sound?

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Nierbo posted:

That invicta card sucked. Maybe I didn't have the context or something.

Makes one yearn for the glory days of Michelle Waterson beating up Japanese grandmas

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Dana White’s real passion is promoting the Dana White brand

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Super Deuce posted:

Not that I really think it would have happened anyways, but this news makes me even more sad that Rumble died. As soon as Francis came alone I dreamed of full bore heavyweight Rumble vs Francis.

If their punches collided the universe would explode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

CarlCX posted:

The key to understanding Stockton rules is understanding that grappling is 100% valid and acceptable, however, in this picture, the man with no control of his limbs getting punched in the face is winning the fight and if you disagree you're a bitch.

I dunno, did the other guy flip Nate off at any point in this sequence?