Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which ghost of MMA still haunts you?
This poll is closed.
Nick Diaz 1 3.57%
Chuck Liddell 5 17.86%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Matt Serra 2 7.14%
Matt Serra 0 0%
Oh no you said his name three times 8 28.57%
Run 1 3.57%
RUN 11 39.29%
Total: 28 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
I wanted to see them fight again but I legit don’t know what they’re thinking rushing Volk into that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I know this sounds crazy but i kind of wish it were non title? Just a true clash of the champs

Imagine something in MMA being done for integrity and not to appease the dumbest possible viewer. Silly goose.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Does Overeem unretire with this news?

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
The best outcome would be for Conor to get starched immediately. I want to see this fight at 205 where both guys come out like little 5'5 Ronnie Cole-men. If we're going to tell the entire audience that it's so important this one guy is allowed to be juiced that we're just dropping the testing program, they should just embrace it and say, "Yes, we want human gorillas pounding away at each other." Why not?

Maybe this news will even attract Gordon Ryan to the show.

I like the sport clean as much as anybody, I'd prefer it clean, but we all know it's not and now the UFC basically said they know and don't care that it's not, so the only alternative is to lean into it. Get big pharma in on it. Let them make designer steroids that are absolutely insane and sponsor fighters. Hell, start working on how to grow mutant fighter beasts in labs and get Elon to use neuralink to teach them like Neo. This is the UFC we need.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

This is a joke, correct? I hope?

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

CarlCX posted:

Also, Mayra Bueno Silva's been suspended until the end of November and had her win over Holly Holm turned into a no-contest. One more of those awful Ritalin abusers off the streets.

This really pisses me off. ADHD is really serious and shouldn’t be untreated, and her having to stop and week before a fight to deal with symptoms of coming off her medication on top of the symptoms of the disorder, then be expected to be fight… that’s hosed up.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

There goes the return of Brock.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Boxing needs to explain why getting hit, then trying to lean on your opponent while falling to your knees isn't a knockdown. It wasn't when Wilder did the same to Fury, and for some reason it wasn't here, even though it's clear as day a knockdown. Fury got hit moving in and went to his knees.

Boxing rules are so stupid. Francis won.

In all of the boxing vs MMA bullshit we've had to endure over the years, it's really strange to me that people still think MMA guys can't box at all. Like, sure it won't usually be as good because the time investment, but these are still guys are still training boxing constantly. However, people going into this or any other crossover fight routinely talk about the MMA guy as if they've never worn big gloves before.

Francis won this fight, and would win this fight again because Fury's style matches horribly with Francis. Francis is quite used to carrying the weight of big guys and sure it probably had some effect, but relative to how it worked on Wilder? Hysterical. Fury really needed to keep range and start reading how obvious Francis's counter left was. As the fight went, Fury wasn't getting hit by it really, but Francis is so wide open every time he moves that left arm, Fury should be embarrassed he couldn't land. Not to mention resorting to an elbow, that didn't phase Francis at all.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Sure they'll be less experienced, but people are acting like MMA fighters are neophytes to boxing, which is plainly stupid. Francis has been training boxing seriously the entire time.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS

How the judge giving Fury the fight 96-93 scored round 2 for Francis... I'm sorry, but did this guy watch the fight at all?

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Apparently there is going to be some gimmick MMA tournament in Qatar with a $300m prize pool. Eddie Hall is one of the combatants.

There is no way this is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Not that I really think it would have happened anyways, but this news makes me even more sad that Rumble died. As soon as Francis came alone I dreamed of full bore heavyweight Rumble vs Francis.