Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ty chuck for the idea

this came up in the movie thread but we thought itd be fun for people to pick a horror movie to watch sometime this month. throw your name in here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dr4dxtDHlCka2HXylT7FVS2pz5zh2KaB1OwiCKQ7ufY/edit?usp=sharing along with the movie nd where it can be streamed. if you put your name on the list you have to watch at least one movie other than yours or go to hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYQh-zO0WP8

LETS GO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

put in in the mouth of madness by john carpenter. absolutely essential if you havent seen it, imo its john carpenter's last great movie and it rules

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
som1 please put videodrome (1983) on my name
never seen it, but i shall watch it this october and i invite you all to join me

thanks for the epic sig el spider

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Fucker posted:

som1 please put videodrome (1983) on my name
never seen it, but i shall watch it this october and i invite you all to join me

done.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

:cheers:

thanks for the epic sig el spider

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Added The House of the Devil, arguably ti west's breakout movie, a throwback to 70s style satanic panic affairs.

starbarry clock
Apr 23, 2012

king of teh portal
still going with Phantasm if somebody wants to add me to the spreadsheet

:sss:da peace thread:coolslime:
optional and/or mandatory easy listening for peace thread lurking and/or psoiting

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Trying to decide between Demon Knight and Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Just add the 90s horror collection on Criterion

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Add The Wicker Man (1973) to the spreadsheet please. It can be found on Amazon Prime Video, Freevee, and Vudu

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

tossed my hat in

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ddinkins posted:

Add The Wicker Man (1973) to the spreadsheet please. It can be found on Amazon Prime Video, Freevee, and Vudu

watched that for the first time in the cinema like a month or so ago, its insane they tried to remake a movie that seems to only works entirely within the context of the 70s but i guess they kept trying that with the exorcist as well

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I added Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

watched that for the first time in the cinema like a month or so ago, its insane they tried to remake a movie that seems to only works entirely within the context of the 70s but i guess they kept trying that with the exorcist as well

it didn't help that the performances in the remake were much worse lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

ddinkins posted:

it didn't help that the performances in the remake were much worse lol

that goes without saying

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i watched the Wicker Man remake with a couple friends in college and the only scene i remember is when one of the actors is walking on a ferry and suddenly gets rammed into by an 18-wheeler and that's supposed to explain that Nic Cage has hallucinations

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
watch the Blair Witch Project or i'll FLIP

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Put me down for Phantom of the Paradise

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Roth posted:

got you fam. is it streamng anywhere?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i added candyman

this list makes peacock seem like a good service lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

watch the Blair Witch Project or i'll FLIP

new one or old one. hell theyre both good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

i added candyman

this list makes peacock seem like a good service lol

honestly peacock whips for halloween, theyve got like 80% of the good hammer movies and a bunch of universal too

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Fungah! posted:

got you fam. is it streamng anywhere?

Criterion

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Fungah! posted:

honestly peacock whips for halloween, theyve got like 80% of the good hammer movies and a bunch of universal too

They also have Mario which is a different kind of horror movie

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
It's confined to Shudder and AMC+ so I wouldn't put it on the official list but "PG: Psycho Goreman" is a fun one

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

TheSwizzler posted:

It's confined to Shudder and AMC+ so I wouldn't put it on the official list but "PG: Psycho Goreman" is a fun one

oh, i saw that in a bar. seemed ok

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I'm not a fan of the really gory stuff, but will try to watch as many as I can on the ultimate horror streaming service, Peacock.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Roth posted:

good loving choice

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I added Return of the Living Dead

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Sub-Actuality posted:

I added Return of the Living Dead

Good loving choice as well. I should finally watch my 4k copy as well

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Added Under the Shadow (2016), available on Netflix. Persian-language film about a family living in Tehran during the Iran-Iraq war and they get haunted by something

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

new one or old one. hell theyre both good

1 + 2 and both supplemental documentaries that turns the second one into a scathing critique of how hollywood sensationalizes brutal violence

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I got the tude now posted:

1 + 2 and both supplemental documentaries that turns the second one into a scathing critique of how hollywood sensationalizes brutal violence

You forgot the Scooby Doo parody

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Roth posted:

You forgot the Scooby Doo parody

+south park

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

first movie of the month down: Suspiria (1977), watching it for the second time. one of the best vibes movies ever, every scene has a different and distinct color palette, gorgeous shot composition and of course the sets are incredible. not to mention one of the greatest scores put to film. the plot is nothing but who cares.

i'd alsol recommend the 2018 suspiria, its not a classic like the original but i liked it a lot and if you're a Swinton-head it's a must watch

Sir Mat of Dickie
Jul 19, 2012

"There is no solitude greater than that of the samurai unless it be that of a tiger in the jungle... perhaps..."

Fungah! posted:

put in in the mouth of madness by john carpenter. absolutely essential if you havent seen it, imo its john carpenter's last great movie and it rules

Also have to advocate for Prince of Darkness! Definitely agree that In the Mouth of Madness was his last great film. For lighter fare, he made Cigarette Burns for the Masters of Horror TV series and it's delightfully pulpy (lacks the punch of his feature-length films, naturally).

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
put myself in for creep show

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

under the shadow. liked it well enough, didnt blow my hair back but at least its a modern horror movie that has a freakin monster in it instead of it just bein trauma. main actress did a great job, so did th kid. really glad i dont live in post-revolution iran

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh i also liked that ultimate the war and the oppressive regime were used for mood building, and that the whole friggin movie wasnt a metaphor for the cultural revolution or somethin. also a very good room disassembly scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Fungah! posted:

under the shadow. liked it well enough, didnt blow my hair back but at least its a modern horror movie that has a freakin monster in it instead of it just bein trauma. main actress did a great job, so did th kid. really glad i dont live in post-revolution iran

the scene where she gets arrested for leaving her house with her hair uncoveres was really harrowing