Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Added The House of the Devil, arguably ti west's breakout movie, a throwback to 70s style satanic panic affairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

great choice

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

Its production day and you know what that means! [nicolas, sophia, roman, and francis all come in and collab for an epic movie]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

the entire coppola family kicks rear end

the story that james caan hosed up gianni russo because he hit talia shire for real during a scene is ftw

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i made a mistake and watched Phantom of the Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dus7hHb0Je8&t=62s

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i dunno those types of movies i think i like how it just wastes your time just simmering into the characters story, its like a lobster boil. that was something i actually liked about the early friday 13ths just how it took a while to get going because you were getting to know the characters, as one dimensional as they might be

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

starbarry clock posted:

you should subtract yourself from the discussion additionally you can shut the hell up lardo your rear end is so fat your toilet paper is multiply

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

drat i gotta watch prince of darkness

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it doesnt look like a movie shot in 82 just the camerawork alone is way ahead of its time

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Arachnaphobia - kind of ridiculous, jeff daniels tries his best. I thought the family dynamic here was overwrought. Some of the old people dying and turning into jerky was goofy.

Killer Klowns From Outer Space - i have no idea how this scared me as a child. Very colorful movie, the acting is over the top but for how hammy the tone is it works.

Prince of Darkness - one of the few john carpenter movies i hadn't seen. Really liked it, tho a bit slow. I always love more donald pleasance.

Suspiria - kino pick. Amazing camerawork, music is tremendous

Blair Witch Project - i kicked that fuckin map into da river

The Thing - 10/10 mastapeece.

Bram Stoker's Dracula - probably my 2nd favorite coppola movie. Gary oldman kicks rear end here. Love the use of colors to set mood.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Roth posted:

Just rewatched Phantom of the Paradise by showing it to four friends who hadn't even heard of it.

Edit - nvm thought you were talking about people who didn't watch their own pick
I almost watched phantom of the park again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fungah! posted:

good call comin up with the idea chuck, ths was way better than tryin to warp movie club to fit the format. def9initely want to do this again next year

Yep