Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
watch the Blair Witch Project or i'll FLIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

new one or old one. hell theyre both good

1 + 2 and both supplemental documentaries that turns the second one into a scathing critique of how hollywood sensationalizes brutal violence

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
it looks and feels exactly like a 90s fmv game

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fucker posted:

started w/ my own submission in videodrome, since id never seen it b4

im so loving sick of "is this part real? is this part imagined? oOoOoOOooOOOoouUUuh" movies and this one is even worse bc of the insanely dated vhs poo poo. i get it, it was made in 1983, but im watching it in 2023. sry

it was kind of interesting at the start, i liked some of the shots and the special effects were cool (gotta love practical, baby), but idc that much about body horror or this kind of hackily done "psychological" horror and u combine the two and its a cocktail made to piss me off, bore me and/or have me groaning for over half of it

almost dont want to put this into spoiler tags cause i want to warn ppl ab it. i feel bad i put this on the list

scary score: 2/5
score: 2/5

stop watching movies. gently caress you

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

herculon posted:

Watched In the Mouth of Madness while working from home, and it's a really cool movie. Couldn't tell if Sam Neill was supposed to have an accent, forgot he was supposed to have an accent, or maybe he switched in and out on purpose. Highly recommend it.

love the editing in this movie too.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Roth posted:

I can get why the slow pace of Prince of Darkness might be a turn off but this movie rips

it's good. my favorite two things:. the dreams are based. 2) the priest casually one hands an epic axe throw in climax

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fucker posted:

rolled the dice on all these movies but videodrome and a certain other one that i shall watch later :rolldice:

landed on bram stokers dracula

lmao wtf is this movie. i clearly dont know as much ab coppola as i thought i did, cause i wasnt expecting this to go full campycore. it kind of pwns

its not scary at all, but its p epic. lots of cool effects and shots. the plot is messy but u just kinda go w/ it.

gary oldman and anthony hopkins are insanely good in this. winona ryder is alright. look, i like keanu reeves, but he sucks rear end here lmao. idk if he was just having a bad time or if he was misdirected or miscast or what, but his acting is the most horrifying part of this movie

favorite line: "an autopsy? no, no, not exactly. i just want to cut off her head and take out her heart". the delivery cracked me tf up

scary score: 1/5
score: 3/5

dude it's a 4/5 ez

I got the tude now fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Oct 14, 2023

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

the other one i remember is that shot where draculas wife throws herself out the window at the start of the movie with that kickass straight shot the actress had to run towards the window, jump out, land on a ledge, and then the set guy who was on the ledge with her had to throw a dummy right as she landed so when the camera dollied out itd see the dummy continuing to fall. its so loving badass!

e: its been a while but i think the yawning chasm she falls into might be one of th non-camera effects but idr

the only digital effect is the blue fire

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

elf help book posted:

Bram Stoker's Dracula

god yes gently caress yes hell yeah

the effects have been mentioned, but the costumes so so top tier as well, draculas old man look and his battle armor are iconic, so many of lucys dresses are 200% over the top its so good

amazing 20/10 scenes:

the wedding
lucys tomb
the van helsing and mina scene that ends in the fade to the sun from their circle of fire

this guy gets it

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

elf help book posted:

In the Mouth of Madness

I liked this well enough but too much of it is Sam Neill seeing something weird and raising his eyebrow and just moving on. This man would have zero issues seeing a squirrel t-posing. Once it really gets rolling and he understands he's in some poo poo, then it's really genuinely great, but it takes a while.

If you're gonna hire someone to constantly raise their eyebrow, Sam Neill is a drat good pick for the role.

lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Fungah! posted:

only two are Sir Mat of Dickie who added prince of darkness posted once and died nd noted fyad troll got the tude now

the only horror movies i watched this month are the first four v/h/s movies. sorry :sweatdrop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

TheSwizzler posted:

I liked the first one but that one scene in viral with the truck was the nastiest thing I’ve seen in a horror movie

The cult one from 2 is probably the strongest until the last 10 seconds