Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Add The Wicker Man (1973) to the spreadsheet please. It can be found on Amazon Prime Video, Freevee, and Vudu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

watched that for the first time in the cinema like a month or so ago, its insane they tried to remake a movie that seems to only works entirely within the context of the 70s but i guess they kept trying that with the exorcist as well

it didn't help that the performances in the remake were much worse lol

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

trying to jack off posted:

Its production day and you know what that means! [nicolas, sophia, roman, and francis all come in and collab for an epic movie]

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

Jenny Agutter posted:

wawtched The Thing (1982) for maybe the dozenth time, its absolutely a triumph of filmmaking. the talent involved in this film was immense and everyone was firing on all cylnders. love it, two thumbs up, twelve bags of popcorn etc. etc.

couldn't agree more

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

lmfao

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

I hadn't seen Bram Stoker's Dracula before but I'd heard good things about it (Keanu Reeves' performance aside). The cinematography, score, costumes, set design, makeup, and special effects were sumptuous to say the least. I love how Dracula's castle resembled a man in a seated position, as a neat visual metaphor for his immortality. Oldman's performance was eminently good; he really played it to the hilt and had a lot of fun in the role. The atmosphere was eerie and disturbing. Some editing was a little too frenetic and I wish the camera had lingered a little longer (there was a shot of Dracula buried in earth with blood trickling from his mouth that I really enjoyed but the cut to another scene was too quick). Overall, a beautiful film whose flaws (some of the acting, editing, pacing here and there) don't diminish its power.

I also rewatched Candyman and The Thing. Tony Todd is always a delight (he plays a suave, charming, sympathetic, but terrifying villain very well) and the scene with all those drat bees still pops up in my head from time to time. As for The Thing, it's still my favorite body horror movie. I can't praise it enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

elf help book posted:

good thread, good picks

yeah this was really fun