Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Trying to decide between Demon Knight and Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Put me down for Phantom of the Paradise

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Fungah! posted:

got you fam. is it streamng anywhere?

Criterion

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Fungah! posted:

honestly peacock whips for halloween, theyve got like 80% of the good hammer movies and a bunch of universal too

They also have Mario which is a different kind of horror movie

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Sub-Actuality posted:

I added Return of the Living Dead

Good loving choice as well. I should finally watch my 4k copy as well

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I got the tude now posted:

1 + 2 and both supplemental documentaries that turns the second one into a scathing critique of how hollywood sensationalizes brutal violence

You forgot the Scooby Doo parody

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Scream Factory and Arrow sales in the spirit of the thread

https://shoutfactory.com/pages/shocktober-sale
https://www.arrowvideo.com/campaigns/shocktober.list

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Fucker posted:

started w/ my own submission in videodrome, since id never seen it b4

im so loving sick of "is this part real? is this part imagined? oOoOoOOooOOOoouUUuh" movies and this one is even worse bc of the insanely dated vhs poo poo. i get it, it was made in 1983, but im watching it in 2023. sry

it was kind of interesting at the start, i liked some of the shots and the special effects were cool (gotta love practical, baby), but idc that much about body horror or this kind of hackily done "psychological" horror and u combine the two and its a cocktail made to piss me off, bore me and/or have me groaning for over half of it

almost dont want to put this into spoiler tags cause i want to warn ppl ab it. i feel bad i put this on the list

scary score: 2/5
score: 2/5

You're so gay dude

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://twitter.com/sapphicspielbrg/status/1711398718967005367?s=20

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can get why the slow pace of Prince of Darkness might be a turn off but this movie rips

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Glad people are liking Phantom of the Paradise.

I watched In the Mouth of Madness and man Carpenter's run from like Halloween to this is so godlike. Even as numb as I am now to meta stuff this one still hit right.

My Scream Factory order arrived yesterday so gonna watch my 4k of Dog Soldiers after work tonight.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Watched Dog Soldiers last night. It was a cool movie, I like movies that are just a somewhat simple premise for about 90 - 100 minutes and holding out in a cabin in the middle of nowhere against werewolves was cool.

For some reason I thought the movie involved a castle before watching it? Might be thinking of some other movie.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

trying to jack off posted:

turns out i have powers over the subforums as well lol

Lol

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

symbolic posted:

name and shame everyone who didn't watch more than their own pick imo if any

Just rewatched Phantom of the Paradise by showing it to four friends who hadn't even heard of it.

Edit - nvm thought you were talking about people who didn't watch their own pick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It is now time for Noirvember