Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I'm watching high noon right now and the part where he leaves his office while stuffing his pocket with his special stars to go find out if anyone will be his friend is cracking me the gently caress up, this movie rules.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

herculon posted:

It is a horror movie from Marshall Kane's perspective

lol whoops

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I just watched phantasm. What the hell was that? Lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I just watched Arachnophobia for the first time since I was 6. I picked a pretty silly movie apparently, don't worry about it.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Fungah! posted:

i tell this story a lot but theres a shot early on where keanu's narrating his diary with the train in top of frame and coppola wanted th shadow of the train goin across the diary at sunset, so to make it look good wth the model of the train they had to write out the diary, block out the pages that are visible, and remake em in a diary the size of a ping pong table to set it right under the model and lights. absolutely godlike poo poo

Fungah! posted:

the other one i remember is that shot where draculas wife throws herself out the window at the start of the movie with that kickass straight shot the actress had to run towards the window, jump out, land on a ledge, and then the set guy who was on the ledge with her had to throw a dummy right as she landed so when the camera dollied out itd see the dummy continuing to fall. its so loving badass!

e: its been a while but i think the yawning chasm she falls into might be one of th non-camera effects but idr

I got the tude now posted:

the only digital effect is the blue fire

That's badass!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

elf help book posted:

what a slog, every scene feels 3 times as long as it needs to be hanging around a bunch of one note cartoon characters who dont have the decency to be funny

The main danger to the hero is him constantly getting so spooked that he trips or clumsily knocks furniture over on himself lol

John Goodman couldn't even save this one.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I wanted to pick Session 9 but couldn't find it streaming free anywhere. Haven't seen that in forever either though.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i made a mistake and watched Phantom of the Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dus7hHb0Je8&t=62s

Lmao

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

turns out i have powers over the subforums as well lol

Lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Re-watched The Wicker Man.

Such a great movie. I love how they play with the idea of the movie "good guy", like yeah he's supposed to solve the crime or whatever, but he's also self-righteous and stubborn to a critical fault. It ends up being less about good vs. evil and more just a culture clash of extremes. This always stands out to me as such a genius narrative angle. Also the lady just doin' her little dance and slappin' her belly and stuff to tease him from the next room cracks me up every time lol. This movie does so much with so little, it's super impressive.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Just finished prince of darkness. Not what I was expecting. Wierd vibe and pacing, kinda same-y throughout the movie but it totally worked with the story. This script though, oof. So many clunker lines and some rough performances didn't help. I love the concept though, and making every character the "cool" scientist archetype is a pretty funny choice. Great effects and a fun watch all in all. I had never heard of this movie before bbv so thanks for the pick!

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I apologize for my pick, ill do better next time. :worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

elf help book posted:

i wanted to see it anyway, and its fun to have a clunker to bitch about

Lol thanks