Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

The 7th Guest VR [PC VR, Quest, PSVR 2] – October 19
hi everyone welcome to my month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

they called the 7th month Octo

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
from the last thread:

StrixNebulosa posted:

reminder to change your passwords and activate 2FA if you haven't, this week has been someone trying to use my debit card, someone trying to break into patreon, my amazon, and my paypal account
is the amazon thing about gift cards, because apparently that was a bug.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What can I expect about Alan Wake 2?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Scalding Coffee posted:

A sequel to Alan Wake

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

alan wakes gone woke

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Scalding Coffee posted:

Well, if it's like Alan Wake 1 it'll have memorable set pieces and interesting presentation, but be generally unfun to play.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Alan Wake is an anagram for Weak Anal

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I encountered a bug in bg3 that broke a quest, by being too good at the game (killing a tough enemy in a single turn, before she can escape and I guess trigger the correct flags)

This is what you call goty? A game that punishes pro gamers?

I did that too and lol at the immortal weirdoes apparently just staying down there for no reason.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Loved the first Alan Wake but I gotta admit the most exciting thing about Alan Wake 2 for me is that it puts us one step closer to Control 2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Scalding Coffee posted:

He’s a writer

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

next up on my playlist is gravity circuit and zortch. much shorter games than trails to azure for sure. from what I’ve played of gravity circuit it doesn’t reinvent the megaman wheel but it’s pretty fun. and zortch is like a long lost n64 FPS

after that I might play through Disney illusion island

and then by that point I should be receiving WH40K Boltgun from gamefly

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

like a long lost n64 FPS

Saw this the other day that looked very neat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0sh1zhYt1Y

The 7th Guest posted:

WH40K Boltgun

Also thought this was giving off Boltgun x Hotline Miami vibes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRUQqwsrI8M

Too many fun video games :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My October game will probably be this copy of Man of Medan I got for free

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

agent 64 is neat, we’ll see if it hits this year, my assumption is they are targeting November but didn’t want to jump the gun if they end up missing that target, so they just said 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
That looks fun. That's the boomer shooter vibe I connect most with. Honestly probably played more matches of goldeneye than any other multiplayer fps. Which makes sense, all of them are just goldeneye MP with extra steps.

Did y'all have a house rule that you couldn't shoot someone until they picked up a gun? My dad would always make us do that when we played, but as soon as he was out of the room it was back to see and spray

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
A final summer gift, the checkpoint-less Trackmania campaign for summer 2023.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGGbT6GrXJE

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

What are the best games on failed consoles? I think the obvious best answer is Rondo of Blood, although technically not failed in Japan. Aside from that, Dreamcast games?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

icantfindaname posted:

What are the best games on failed consoles? I think the obvious best answer is Rondo of Blood, although technically not failed in Japan. Aside from that, Dreamcast games?

Bayonetta 2

A lot of them will have been rescued by remasters by now, but there are probably some for whom that’s not economical and are trapped forever :/

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

icantfindaname posted:

Soul Calibur, obviously.

Columns on Game Gear.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

icantfindaname posted:

Panzer Dragoon on Sega Saturn. Saturn had inferior 3D compared to PlayStation, but no PS1 games quite utilized the magic of 3D as well as Panzer Dragoon did, which taught me the value of good direction

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Virtual Boy Wario Land

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
I hope everyone is enjoying their Over The Garden Wall month as much as I am right now :spooky: :ghost::witch:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
So far this month has had zero 105 degree days outside. Best month in a long time.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

haveblue posted:

Bayonetta 2

A lot of them will have been rescued by remasters by now, but there are probably some for whom that’s not economical and are trapped forever :/

yeah at least bayo2 got a second shot on the switch, i don't think we're ever gonna see kirby rainbow curse ever again :negative:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

icantfindaname posted:

Teleroboxer

I played so much of that game despite the virtual boy being a ridiculously garbage piece of poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twvSj9DJ_7o&hd=1&t=20s

I forget which boss I never made it past. either the lady robot with rocket boobs or the robot with the drill head, whichever was later.

edit: no wait, I made it to the kangaroo guy, thought that was before the other two

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Oct 2, 2023

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have been messing around on Mercury :3:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Which Mass Effect game is that

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Which Mass Effect game is that

Not mass effect, this is Starfield.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Mercury sounds like a bad place to look at the Sun from.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

mutata posted:

Excited to see who gets laid off this month. SpoOoOoOoky!

https://www.eurogamer.net/significant-job-losses-likely-at-worms-publisher-team17-sources

BooOOOOoooOOOooo!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

quote:

These latest layoffs follow job losses at Team17 earlier in the year within the company's internal development teams. At the time, staff were told further layoffs would not occur.

As always, management is lying to you. Also apparently all in QA because they're outsourcing that which immediately got me to look up whether the QA department unionised. They hadn't as far as I could find.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Cheap remote QA from SEA is the new hotness.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Soon it'll be AI QA

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sakurazuka posted:

Soon it'll be AI QA

This was literally on those leaked Microsoft presentation slides around their goals for the next Xbox.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

icantfindaname posted:

Killzone Mercenary

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Scalding Coffee posted:

there's a first look review out there by someone who got to fly out and try AW2 early and their response was incredibly glowing. I only watched the non-spoiler section but it sounds like it's a gorgeous game so far, and they enjoyed the gameplay to boot.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Picked up Fate/Samurai Remnant because I like anime games and the series in general. Turns out to be very much Yakuza inspired, right down to wandering the town and fighting thug encounters, and shopping at food stalls for more expensive health items like rice balls you can carry around, with cheap cost effective made to eat meals. Protagonist seems to have the ideals of Shirou, but he can actually fight and use magic off the jump.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm still playing BG3 and Cyberpunk for the forseeable future to get anything brand new.

But I did pick up a early access game that went on sale this past weekend called City Game Studio. It's a lot of fun. I enjoy playing game dev sims and this one is pretty charming. Also pretty feature rich for early access as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sakurazuka posted:

Soon it'll be AI QA
Bot-based QA has been used by medium to big devs for quite a while and excels at finding certain categories of bugs so I can easily see how extending those would be appealing.