Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Innocuous Owl
Apr 9, 2011

Sneaky Pig!
For the near future I'm still wrapping up NG++ on Armored Core 6. This was my first AC game and now I'm definitely curious to go back and try the older ones. Are they all generally good or should I skip over some?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
who's everyone's favorite shock jock for shocktober

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
mine's mancow

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
Thomas Edison for me

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Innocuous Owl posted:

For the near future I'm still wrapping up NG++ on Armored Core 6. This was my first AC game and now I'm definitely curious to go back and try the older ones. Are they all generally good or should I skip over some?

The AC thread has a graphic in the OP about what the easiest ACs to get into are. Bear in mind though that older ACs will require learning the old control scheme and therefore the claw.

Generally AC3 is considered the easiest one to have as an entry point.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

AC Mirage is coming out this month!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jay Rust posted:

It sure is, sport.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Mirage looks like a cool throwback to old school Assassin's Creed but I'm in no rush to pick it up

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Jay Rust posted:

gently caress yeah I love Astral Chain

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Which year had the most ACs? 2023 only has two

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I wasn't super interested in it until I learnt it's pretty much all set within one city, and the emphasis is back on assassinating nerds.

It looks like a blast.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
2001 and 2014 had three ACs but most only have two

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I haven't mentioned my gamer co-worker in a while

His marriage was a month ago. Here's what I know:
- he and his groomsmen all wore matching "Fellowship of the Rings" socks
- he walked out to star wars music, his bride walked out to zelda music
- the cake featured harry potter, lord of the rings and legend of zelda ornaments
- the cake topper was zelda and link kissing
- the table numbers were denoted by the corresponding final fantasy protagonists

More details to follow?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sounds harmless and keeps them contained.

The pop culture obsessives can have all their fun as long as they don't force it on everyone else.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

- the cake featured harry potter, lord of the rings and legend of zelda ornaments
- the table numbers were denoted by the corresponding final fantasy protagonists

More details to follow?

that kicks rear end

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

More details to follow?

your co-worker is a living "we do geek" poster

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dude got a wife so he's doing better than me

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

Dude got a wife so he's doing better than me

not according to every comedian ever

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Jay Rust posted:

More details to follow?

Vermain posted:

that kicks rear end

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

not according to every comedian ever

this guy are sick

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

More details to follow?
was the cake a lie though

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

More details to follow?

Better than the wedding I was at a few weeks back which was travel themed and the tables were designated by all* the exotic locales the newlyweds had been to together:

-the US
-Oz
-NZ
-bologna
-malta

*thats literally it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

More details to follow?

Sounds fun as gently caress

fridge corn posted:

Better than the wedding I was at a few weeks back which was travel themed and the tables were designated by all* the exotic locales the newlyweds had been to together:
-Oz

Did they get the mullets, stubby holders, Bintang singlets, and jandles right?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Infinitum posted:

Sounds fun as gently caress

Did they get the mullets, stubby holders, Bintang singlets, and jandles right?

That's the thing as well, they didn't even bother to theme the tables properly, just the name of the place and a bunch of confetti made from printed out maps strewn about

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Lol @ Bintang singlets tho :D

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

happy over the garden wall month

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

fridge corn posted:

-the US
-Oz
-NZ
-bologna
-malta

*thats literally it

idk how is that any worse than the gamer-flavoured wedding I described

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Jay Rust posted:

More details to follow?

Sounds like this fellow is pursuing his happiness and has found someone to pursue that happiness with. If only all of us could be so lucky.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Jay Rust posted:

More details to follow?

Was the food good at least

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Got all the cheevos for Armored Core 6.

TY to my best friend the retina-searer.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

idk how is that any worse than the gamer-flavoured wedding I described

Cuz at least your newlyweds have a passion and hobbies that they share whereas my newlyweds are so white middle class and boring that the only thing that defines them as a couple is some incredibly mid holidays they've taken

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Jay Rust posted:

More details to follow?

i hope you brought the happy couple a funko pop as your wedding gift

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The way I see it, genpop would have a easier time vibing with things they probably have some experience with, such as italian or american holidays, versus like Zelda. But whether or not that matters is debatable, personally I'm in the "i want my grandmas to not be mystified by what they're seeing" camp but I can certainly see the merits of the "who cares, it's the couple's day" side

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

"who cares, it's the couple's day"

It's this one

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

People will like pretty much any wedding arrangement as long as you give them lots of booze and don't make them wait too long before they get to eat.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I guess im looking at it from the idea that on the gamer-couples wedding day they are announcing to the world that they are an epic nerd couple of which there could be no doubt. Whereas the travel-couple are trying to announce themselves as and epic travel couple which is like yeah, but you haven't really been anywhere.

I guess the analogy would be if your gamer-couple were like yeah we play candy crush and wii sports/trivia games at a mates house sometimes

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Forming your personality around the commercial products you like seems like a sad way to live but I dunno if I’m one to talk though since I play a lot of videos game

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

fridge corn posted:

I guess im looking at it from the idea that on the gamer-couples wedding day they are announcing to the world that they are an epic nerd couple of which there could be no doubt. Whereas the travel-couple are trying to announce themselves as and epic travel couple which is like yeah, but you haven't really been anywhere.

I guess the analogy would be if your gamer-couple were like yeah we play candy crush and wii sports/trivia games at a mates house sometimes

Honestly I see their list and think that's plenty. They tell me I was born in the best country anyway so never felt pressured to leave. I can imagine maybe a quick trip to Mexico or Canada to see if they got any rare fruit that's too perishable to be exported out. Otherwise unless I win one wheel of fortune or something I assume I will never see another continent to even prove it's there so I don't think it's an embarrassing brag, they've traveled more than most ever will. Vacations are expensive and travelling isn't inherently fun for everyone.

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
The wedding sounds nerdy as all hell and I hope everyone enjoyed it, cynics be damned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

hatty posted:

Forming your personality around the commercial products you like seems like a sad way to live but I dunno if I’m one to talk though since I play a lot of videos game

Theming a party around commercial IP seems fine. I mean people choosing to go that hard on a beloved childhood IP might also make it too big a part of their personality but my first assumption is they are just goobers who picked a party theme out that's less boring and more amusing than standard. I feel like I'd remember that kind of wedding more than the generic ones I've been to that all bleed together outside of being happy for the individual couples.