Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.afr.com/technology/show-off-gamers-leaking-sensitive-information-review-warns-20231031-p5egc4

Warthunder just can't stop winning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

homeless snail posted:

fanfest also has the primals concert

yeah thats true. the actual real reason to go. suck it blizzcon

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Sega Dreamcast posted:

Yeah it's been in the works a while. Odyssey is the codename
https://twitter.com/Blizzard_Ent/status/1486038723468795906

That wolf boot looks AI generated up close, but they were probably just quadrupling down on the wolf theme for their Riding Hood Woodsman.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/b0tster/status/1719429036768940298?t=rrgRMkh7PHCnvpnPpRstvg&s=19

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sega Dreamcast posted:

Yeah it's been in the works a while. Odyssey is the codename
https://twitter.com/Blizzard_Ent/status/1486038723468795906

Can't wait to see what the assets get repurposed for when it's quietly cancelled five years from now.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Holy poo poo lol

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

okay Robocop: Rogue City is... actually kinda fuckin' good?

Like, there's a shitload to do in the game and it feels pretty solid to play. Just the first area after the intro has so much in it and I didn't actually find everything to do before I moved on, and all the side objectives felt meaningful and held their own weight.

Also the physics are fantastic and hilarious, and the game hasn't felt too difficult even though I'm playing on Hard.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
A survival game with blizzard monetization is gonna be a bad time.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."

B0tster has been streaming the development of this and it looks amazing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A Cool Video Game Too posted:

okay Robocop: Rogue City is... actually kinda fuckin' good?

Like, there's a shitload to do in the game and it feels pretty solid to play. Just the first area after the intro has so much in it and I didn't actually find everything to do before I moved on, and all the side objectives felt meaningful and held their own weight.

Also the physics are fantastic and hilarious, and the game hasn't felt too difficult even though I'm playing on Hard.

The secret of the game:

The optimal strategy for almost every fight in the game is to aim exclusively for the balls. Enemies will armor their chests and head but their precious balls are almost always unarmored and count as a critical hit.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The end boss doesn’t have balls, it’s a serious difficulty wall

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

ImpAtom posted:

The secret of the game:

The optimal strategy for almost every fight in the game is to aim exclusively for the balls. Enemies will armor their chests and head but their precious balls are almost always unarmored and count as a critical hit.

don't even really need to do that tbh, you can just throw things at them, or throw their friends at them, or

seriously this game is really good, and also fun, thread.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Hell yeah
https://twitter.com/PaulTassi/status/1719396652996317488?t=gcJUnbuockzZ-WQG4ebUGw&s=19

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Jesus Christ, firing people so you can steal from them. I hope that company goes out of business if that's how they do it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sounds like theyre going out of business anyway if the last d2 expansion flopped as hard as it looks, and the next one doesn't come out until summer and will presumably flop even harder

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
im amazed destiny 2 expansions are still coming out, not even saying that to sound like an rear end - i like the destiny games - but drat man

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Next everquest expansion is coming out this December

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

guarantee you that the people that are playing eq live and buy every expansion are more satified with those than most destiny players

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I remember Destiny and Destiny 2 both for being games with playerbases so consistently unhappy with the games the only time you'd hear of it would be when they were more upset than usual and needed to let that energy out in as many places as possible.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Monkey Fracas posted:

Am I losing my mind or did MGS3 use the pressure-sensitive face buttons on the PS2 controller too

I cannot think of another game series that did this

Zone of the Enders did it

Guess who made that

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

My only exposure to Destiny 2 is the videos I Hate Everything does about it and you'll never guess what he thinks of it

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I played the alpha and beta of Destiny for a bit and then never touched it again for like a decade. Decided to try out Destiny 2 since it went F2P, and…

It felt exactly the same. Same guns, same lack of story, same controls. The intro map hadn’t even changed. :psyduck:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oh dont worry they fixed that. they removed the intro map and the campaign.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

njsykora posted:

That EA WRC game is out* and its basically Dirt Rally 3 and it rules.

*if you preordered else it's out Friday

Traveling currently, but will be back home Saturday, excited to play this when I return home.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They mean the intro map from Destiny 1, which was ported to Destiny 2 around the time they removed the brand new intro map Destiny 2 shipped with

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

At the very least Bungie needs to put a "previously on" recap video in the game after every expansion to get new and returning players up to speed. I've never seen a game with such an inpenetrable story.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really want to like War Thunder but the massive grind to unlock new vehicles pass like tier 5, is too much. The game is fun, but the pay to win cash shop is really insulting, and the devs give no poo poo about making the game more accessible.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

haveblue posted:

They mean the intro map from Destiny 1, which was ported to Destiny 2 around the time they removed the brand new intro map Destiny 2 shipped with

Yup that’s the one I ended up in. Was a very succinct way of telling me I hadn’t missed out on anything worth a drat. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

stev posted:

At the very least Bungie needs to put a "previously on" recap video in the game after every expansion to get new and returning players up to speed. I've never seen a game with such an inpenetrable story.

The game really needs to just have all of the story campaigns available, and you play through each one. It is baffling that this isnt a thing and shows how incompetent Bungie is.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Is it true that if you bought the game at launch, literally none of what you paid for is in it

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

The game really needs to just have all of the story campaigns available, and you play through each one. It is baffling that this isnt a thing and shows how incompetent Bungie is.

The problem is that most of the actual plot takes place between expansions during the time gated FOMO seasons which disappear at the end of each year. They're designed to drip feed the story over the course of 12+ weeks with a whole bunch of repetitive missions and grinding.

So to make a coherent continuous plot they'd need to totally rework all of that poo poo.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

stev posted:

The problem is that most of the actual plot takes place between expansions during the time gated FOMO seasons which disappear at the end of each year. They're designed to drip feed the story over the course of 12+ weeks with a whole bunch of repetitive missions and grinding.

So to make a coherent continuous plot they'd need to totally rework all of that poo poo.

although it's gotten better, but even if you do play the game, you're not actually going to understand the story without external sources or making a concerted effort to track it down and pay attention

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wow you sure can tell that DMC 1 was originally RE4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay so lmao I'm watching a restream of the dumb Silent Hill movie thing, and the in-game chat has a word filter, as expected, but

you can also just type the hard R and it goes through

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theres a bunch of bad minigames you can play when its not streaming and theyre some of the worst poo poo ive ever seen. if you posted this hidden object game to newgrounds 20 years ago you would have been laughed off the website. and then theres, the rhythm game
https://twitter.com/_KLind/status/1719386575166218650

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You literally cannot fail them because they raise the "hopefulness" of the characters and if you could fail them, people would grief the run lmao

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the fail state is, not getting enough stars to get your Influence Points and complete your daily quests

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Where does the minigame fit into silent hill canon?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

OH NO THERE'S AN AUTISTIC CHARACTER OH NO NO NO This is gonna be ableist as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

Vermain posted:

been trying to figure out a good spooky game or two to play this hallow's eve. i've got inscryption as a fallback to do a rerun through it again, but i'd happily take suggestions for anything that could conceivably be finished in a single evening

I'm a huge fan of the Anthology of The Killer series of comedy-horror games, from the dev of Space Funeral. They are 20-40 minutes long, and free
https://thecatamites.itch.io/anthology-of-the-killer

Really not what I would call "scary", but they are moody, funny, and pretty breezy. walking simulators, really.

I'm gonna sit down with a couple people and marathon them tonight (again), as it's a pretty fun and low-impact option for doing spooky stuff with people that don't really wanna go all-in on horror.