Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

Few things here:

"A billionaire in LA" it's loving FRANK MCCOURT yes the same one

The funding mechanism is extremely vague and undefined right now

Frank is trying to give this contract to a company that his son owns.

Even the gondola-boosters' most optimistic projections claim it can move at most 5000 people per hour, which is next to nothing for a stadium that holds 56,000 people.

Just Build Trains you fuckers!

Guessing he bought "air rights" or something over the poor neighborhood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

bawfuls posted:

perhaps the single most entertaining postseason inning I've ever seen involved the Blue Jays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDm3RdEbStU&t=5933s

I'm rewatching this 7th inning now, and I'd forgotten how Elvis Andrus single handedly lost that game for them. He commits three errors enroute to the Jays loading the bases.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Feb 22, 2024

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

bawfuls posted:

Few things here:

"A billionaire in LA" it's loving FRANK MCCOURT yes the same one

The funding mechanism is extremely vague and undefined right now

Frank is trying to give this contract to a company that his son owns.

Even the gondola-boosters' most optimistic projections claim it can move at most 5000 people per hour, which is next to nothing for a stadium that holds 56,000 people.

A gondola lets you look down upon the poors like they deserve.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

bawfuls posted:

how you gonna spit on anyone from a train

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I love how even the city of Chicago forgets the Sox won in '05.

I don't think Pritzker nor Johnson give Jerry the time of day. Johnson specifically has no interest in using city money to keep the Bears in the city, so I doubt he'd be terribly interested in the Sox, either. (That said the Sox are a bit of South Side pride and considering he claims to want to keep working on making the South Side better, maybe that would change the math. I dunno. (For my part I'd be sad to lose the Sox, but not if it was because ownership being greedy.))

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Sox aren't going anywhere this is just Reinsdorf trying to get something from the city and it's not gonna happen.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Sydin posted:

lmao the community note, site full of loving bootlickers

If it weren’t a given to assume the bootlickers are being dishonest, the article they cite says financing the project that way is only a possibility:

quote:

Those costs, it said, could be covered by private bond financing, sponsorships, naming rights and fares…

And for your “My no taxpayer funds tshirt…” quote, it says this immediately after:

quote:

He also would not say whether promoters would agree to a binding guarantee that taxpayer funds would not be used, if expenses should exceed revenue.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

I'm rewatching this 7th inning now, and I'd forgotten how Elvis Andrus single handedly lost that game for them. He commits three errors enroute to the Jays loading the bases.

both texas teams just absolutely poo poo the bed that year

the astros were up by 4 in the 8th leading the ALDS 2-1 and didn't record an out until the game was tied including Correa booting a GIDP ball while still up 6-3 that would have made it 6-4 bases empty runner on third and 2 outs

e: also harold reynolds insisting this is a clean slide :lol:

Intruder fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 23, 2024

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
https://x.com/IcyVert/status/1760783331266834651?s=20

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
:stonk:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
oh no

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Intruder posted:

both texas teams just absolutely poo poo the bed that year

the astros were up by 4 in the 8th leading the ALDS 2-1 and didn't record an out until the game was tied including Correa booting a GIDP ball while still up 6-3 that would have made it 6-4 bases empty runner on third and 2 outs

e: also harold reynolds insisting this is a clean slide :lol:

yeah Reynolds going on about how "clean" that slide was, obnoxious

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Manfred finally getting more balls in play

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Crying laughing at that picture

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

bawfuls posted:

yeah Reynolds going on about how "clean" that slide was, obnoxious

The Rangers loving challenged it as blocking the plate too, rofl.

Anyway not to get lost in all the big moments like the errors or the flip I just love this face Hamels makes:

It is absolutely the face of a guy who just had three routine groundballs get booted, got yanked against his wishes, and then watched the guy he got yanked for give up the mother of all dongs.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sydin posted:

The Rangers loving challenged it as blocking the plate too, rofl.

Anyway not to get lost in all the big moments like the errors or the flip I just love this face Hamels makes:

It is absolutely the face of a guy who just had three routine groundballs get booted, got yanked against his wishes, and then watched the guy he got yanked for give up the mother of all dongs.
when I saw that shot today I thought “I bet in that moment he’s thinking he’s glad he got that ring in 2008”

Meanwhile the look on Beltre’s face when Andrus boots that ball at 3rd which would have got the lead runner and the first out, absolutely devastating.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Feb 23, 2024

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

bawfuls posted:

perhaps the single most entertaining postseason inning I've ever seen involved the Blue Jays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDm3RdEbStU&t=5933s

I shan’t be watching this

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Guessing he bought "air rights" or something over the poor neighborhood.
he didn’t buy poo poo, he wants the city to gift him the right of way

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Lmao this season is going to rule

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Carlosologist posted:

Manfred finally getting more balls in play

:laffo:

New thread title.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

How are they simultaneously so tight and so baggy???

e: THE PANTS I MEAN

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

rickiep00h posted:

How are they simultaneously so tight and so baggy???
Well, as they get older they lose some of their elasticity, and

rickiep00h posted:

e: THE PANTS I MEAN
oh

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Sucks for any Dodgers fan who's afraid of heights.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

I'm just sobbing laughing

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm glad that manfred gets to spend all season deflecting questions about baseball's epidemic of Visible Scrota

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm glad that manfred gets to spend all season deflecting questions about baseball's epidemic of Visible Scrota

He'll look into it

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

a new stat for 2024: UNIPARTY: Unintentional Peen Around The Yard.

imagine what's going to happen to those pants when guys get the gatorade cooler dumped on them.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
MLB going for that Pom Poko cross-promotion

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I told my wife about the cock and balls and now she wants to watch baseball with me

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/bogoggling/status/1760993485241434522?s=46&t=2RtKUZF-7mtwaGnhOLp93A

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

rofl

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Are we being manipulated by Big Underwear? Are the pants actually that bad? More importantly, how will Cody's rear end look in those cubbie blue pinstripe pants?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lol

Astros are bringing in an old coach to help with "more aggressive baserunning" which is mind boggling to me given how often guys get thrown out trying to stretch hits. In my opinion we're the worst baserunning team in the league. Then it occurred to me that this might be another selection bias RISP situation where everyone thinks their team can't hit with runners on but it turns out the difference between clubs is negligible. So: do you think your team is the worst baserunning team in the league?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the Cubs absolutely lost 2+ games due to baserunning insanity, which would have put us in the playoffs last year. No clue if we were the worst or even among the worst, but it felt like we were super aggressive in the early season when teams hadn't adjusted defensively, and then ended up getting caught CONSTANTLY in the back half once teams made defensive adjustments and our guys got tired.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Except for Nico who just kept stealing

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Even for Nico, four of his seven times getting caught were in August and September (Aug 13 and on if you REALLY want to get selective). Small sample cuz he DID do very well, but his rate was higher later on.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
More stealing please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Popete posted:

More stealing please