Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh boy, the Bauer stuff has kicked back up again. He's given his side of the story, not gonna link it but it's easy to find if you want to go down the rabbit hole again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I loving love that the Yankees finished just well enough at the end to run it back.

They're never going to learn. And it rules.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Should O’s fans start posting here now?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

Last I heard, my dad's still alive, but I haven't talked to him in 20 years.

I'm in a similar boat here. Once I left Texas I largely stopped talking to my family. I still see my dad maybe once every few years with the kids just so they can see grandpa but eh...they weren't the greatest people in the world.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

They should probably trade him to a place that would appreciate him…like the Chicago Cubs!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Then... Why wouldn't he go to Houston?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Flagstaff is a gorgeous city it does not deserve to be lumped in with the rest of Arizona.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Plus Northern Arizona / Southern Utah is the most beautiful part of the country.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You can't fool me the Pirates one is just Charlie Blackmon in a hat.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Seattle seems like they’ll be a drat good team for the next…3 years at least. I could easily see them win a World Series in the next 5 years.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Bellinger and the Cubs seem like such a perfect match - I can’t wait to see how they Cubs this one!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I mean yes gently caress the Mariners forever and ever but I’m being objective here.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

They don't give GGs to DHs sorry to be the one to tell you bawfuls.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm a massive fan of the Yankees desire to implode spectacularly.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Ohtani doesn't want to be hated for his whole career. He's not going to Houston.

You really can't help yourself can you.

It's even clouded your judgment so badly that you thought CJ Stroud would be a Zach Wilson level player.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Nestor the January 6er

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've seen enough - the Yankees need to extend Cashman.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Completely expected. I'm totally fine with that.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I’m starting to think the Mariners hate their fan base.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This sure is a lot of pomp and circumstance for what is a clear and obvious signing of Ohtani by the Houston Astros.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh thank God Mariner fans can finally stop acting like Kelenic is good now.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I made the joke a couple of weeks ago that the Mariners FO hates their fan base.

I’m starting to think it wasn’t a joke.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I just wanted to say, as someone who hasn't had a chance until now to catch up on today's news, that I absolutely loved watching the Blue Jay posters go through all stages of grief in about four hours.

That was a great read, A+ would do again.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If Ohtani doesn't go to Toronto he will be mercilessly booed there forever.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I demand 30 days of Ohtani - one for each team.

Tomorrow will be *spins wheel* …the Cincinnati Reds?!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man that's such a massive gut punch for Blue Jay fans.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

As someone whose team never had a chance to sign Shohei this entire saga has been highly entertaining.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've seen it first hand, it's partially true. What they don't tell you is the traffic is ungodly terrible around the park and is a massive walk even from the parking lot. It takes forever to get to the game, so yeah, I can see why it takes until the third inning to get to your seat.

Like seriously try to go to a game in Dodger stadium. It freaking sucks.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bawfuls now that the Dodgers have won the 2024 World Series you're allowed to forgive the Astros.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is James "Innings Eater" Shields erasure.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm just glad the Astros got their legit ring before the Dodgers dynasty kicked off.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've gone from Chris Sale being a no doubt Hall of Famer to he probably won't make it in about three years.

What a truly bizarre career.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ehh paying a reliever nearly 100 million seems like a bad idea. Hopefully I'm wrong.

It's very close to the Edwin Diaz deal looking further into it. Mets fans, how you feeling about that deal?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I like Pressly a hell of lot but Hader is obviously better than him. Fantastic 1-2 punch though for sure, but so much money is tied to it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Squall posted:

They'd probably feel pretty decent about it if he didn't die in Spring Training. 5 years/$95 million is both a ton of dollars and a ton of years for a reliever though. Outside of a few exceptions, it seems like you are better off just making good selections off the scrap heap since relievers are so volatile.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree. The Astros have been fantastic in developing relievers lately too.

This whole signing feels off to me.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah if Astros get Jansen level performance I'd be happy with that.

I don't know if Hader is on Jansen's level.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So out of curiosity, is there anything to the Hader being an awful human being besides the tweets? Yeah, those were horrible comments to make (regardless of age imo - I wasn't saying that stuff when I was 16 or 17) and if you want to judge him purely on that I totally understand, but is there anything recent?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

He immediately becomes your closer yeah?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Especially for New York baseball fans, who have experienced a ton of historical success over the last 15 years!

Surely they know all about not choking against, say, the Astros 4-0 in the ALCS. Just an example.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jan 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Wow mcmagic taking the rare L - never thought I'd ever see it.