Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Look, we have at least another day before being swept out of Arlington, we've gotta win at least one, right? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Despite... everything currently going on against Texas, it's hard to take this year as anything other than an unqualified success, everyone thought we were going to regress after a 20+ win season last year, and then we went and won another 20 more games this year. Obviously the Yankees and Red Sox probably aren't going to eat poo poo like they did this year, so I don't expect to win 100 games again, but Gunnar and Adley have proven themselves to be legit, Bradish took a huge step forward, second half Grayson looks every bit the ace we hoped he would be, and Means is back. Losing Felix sucks, but the bullpen is full of castoffs and spare parts anyway, so I trust Elias to come up with a few more next year.

This is just the absolute worst way to end a phenomenal season. :smith:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
We desperately need to trade some of our infield talent for pitching and the problem is everyone else knows it. Rumor at the deadline was that everyone's asking prices for the O's was hilariously inflated because come on, you got all those prospects, you can totally give up Joey Ortiz or Jordan Westburg for our middle reliever. Real question is who's going to be available? Cease, maybe? One of Seattle's young pitchers? If we are going to break the prospect bank, we might as well swing for the fences.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Shinjobi posted:

Good dude, bad team, no clue if he's still good. I hope so, even if gently caress the Cards

He was mostly passable last year, ERA up around 5 but gave 190 innings or so. Not what you want your marquee free agent signing to be, but a serviceable 5th starter.

E: 192 innings at 4.73 ERA.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
If Cease is actually available and Mike Elias isn't on the phone like, yesterday, I am going to be very upset.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
O's supposedly kicking the tires on Hader, Chapman, Kimbrel, and Hicks. Hader I'll believe when I see it and not a second before, and Chapman can gently caress off but Hicks seems like that might be a good buy? Even for a team that's going to spend no money because John Angelos is a piece of poo poo, 3-4 years at 8-10 mil should be very affordable and would help close that hole at the back of the bullpen right now.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1732406976246599965?t=ZwgZkqwezEzbZAMwu3tVJA&s=19

This is not my first choice on who to spend reliever money on, but we *do* definitely need someone so...shrug?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

euphronius posted:

He’s terrible . Like should not be in the league bad

(Craig)

I don't have super strong feelings on this, unless they specifically want him to close, in which case lol. lmao. If he's just here to shore up the back of the bullpen so DL Hall or Wells can close, then I'm much more okay with it.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
O's sign Kimbrel to 1/12 with a club option for 13m and a 1m buyout. :confuoot:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Jesus gently caress 700m???? :eyepop:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
It's true, no one gives hugs like Adley, which sounds exactly like what you need right now. Plus you have ample experience with an owner who should be opening his wallet and isn't, so you'll fit right in.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
https://twitter.com/HayesGardner/status/1736777462955045013?t=fDOgjQXANhyaXMSCqiJsJw&s=19

Is it finally over? Did Angelos stop stepping on his own dick and take a loving W?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Holy poo poo we're free from John Angelos

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Yo let's loving go????

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
There has to be more, right? That's not much at all for Burnes. If that's it, I am *very* happy about this trade.

E: For not O's fans, Ortiz is a good SS prospect but is blocked by Holliday and Westburg up the middle, and Hall is a fantastic lefty who can't stay healthy enough to stick in the rotation. Gonna miss his arm in the back of the bullpen though.

Artix fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Feb 2, 2024

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Full trade is apparently Ortiz, Hall, and the #34 pick this year for Burnes.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
https://twitter.com/Orioles/status/1753233045069439238?t=YOE_93zwbN0ypmbfZk7kYg&s=19

It's official.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

tadashi posted:

They were reported to be trying to cut payroll earlier in the postseason, I thought.
It's not a great idea, but I feel like the 3 1/2 teams in the NL Central that give half a gently caress don't think the rest of the division is very good.

From an outsider's view of the division...are they wrong?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
The pick we traded was the Competitive Balance one, what's really disgusting is until yesterday, we had three first round picks despite winning 101 games and already having one of the best farm systems in the game. (We had 22, 32 from ROTY, and 34 from CB round A)

Whatever else I can say about Mike Elias hoarding prospects, the man knows how to build a loving farm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Don't you speak that evil into the world. :colbert: