Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
relevant again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

Time for Ohtani to become a Seattle Mariner

from one team that wastes hall of famers to another

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why pay a lot of money for one really good player when you could use the same money to get 4 mediocre players

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Red posted:

Gotta make room for Myles Straw

Thanks for reminding me the Astros got Yainer Diaz for Straw :getin:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

(team) interested in Shohei is the most nothing headline imaginable

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:yeshaha:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

my plan to improve my team is to replace every player with a better one

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Just don't ask me how. Just trust me. I'm the best GM ever. I can also predict the future

Trade your bad players for better players, easy peasy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Do you all engage with the guy covered in his own poo poo on the train? Just ignore him because nothing is going to change.

nothing else going on tonight :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

I'm on an 8 hour flight on business. Otherwise yeah I would be playing some Diablo or something

I'm watching monday night raw so clearly I don't value my time enough

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

broken by injuries

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The problem was you lost some guys with WS experience that could have held the ship together. Bring back Hosmer and Mancini for that veteran edge

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/1708479682356916466

ah we should have known

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Extremely unMets for it to apparently involve the lack of injuries

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hilarious that mcmagic misses the extremely obvious joke

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

Be fair it’s easy to miss without a trash can

No room in the trash can for jokes, it's completely full of Rays bats

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yes or no: The Cubs win the next 5 WS in a row, but then the Brewers win a single one after that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

We just saw the high water mark of the Orioles under this owner

Yeah the O's owner said he wants to use the Rays as a guideline for how to financially run the team :whitewater:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

euphronius posted:

Urias and Gray (33 already) and ... not much else.

Assuming you arent signing Ohtani to pitch.

edit

I would not sign Snell to a huge deal

I would not sign Urias to any deal

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

trade for anthony rendon instead

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't even imagine a team with the monstrous amount of profit of the Yankees pulling the "We need to be cost conscious" card

Just kidding, they all do that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Yankees are just the biggest example because they make so, so much money even compared to other big markets like the Red Sox, Dodgers and Cubs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

more falafel please posted:

so you're saying that now it's clear, she can't go back again?

I am being severely wooshed by this and google isn't helping

I thought it might be related to the bennie and the jets post but it doesn't resemble the lyrics at all

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

well guess we won't have Trevor next season, but big ups to him for that. he's cool as h*ck

there's another trevor looking for a job if you need that trevor shaped void filled

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

live with fruit posted:

So Betts or Kim could win two Gold Gloves?

Also Mauricio Dubon hilariously enough

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

He'll bring new ideas like trade all your bad players for good ones

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I just wanted to thank baseball for being the source of so many cherished memories with my father. Take your kids to games, play home run derby in the back yard, or even just talk baseball with them. They'll have a lifetime of treasured memories to draw from, even after you're gone.

gently caress ALS.

Very sorry about your dad :(

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

This series was proof that going 7 doesn't make it a good series because there were only two games that were remotely competitive

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Monathin posted:

No offense to the phillies fans in this thread but I hope the phillies make it to the playoffs and then eat poo poo every year if this is the content we can look forward to as a result :laffo:

"I had to ask nine people for this loving cigarettee" would be my favorite if not for the middle schooler just mercilessly dropping f bombs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

MrMidnight posted:

Brantley gone = meh
Maldy non starter = thank the Lord
Losing some relief guys = won't miss Stanek or Maton. Neris will get a closer job somewhere. Losing him will suck

moving this out of the playoff thread and into here because this is where it belongs

Stanek, I don't care. Maton had a big year but he's a lot like Montero in that he reeks of regression. Neris still has a year left on a player option, but I guess it's possible he tries to go get a closer job somewhere yeah. Still gonna have Abreu and Pressly so it's not the end of the world, and hell we lost Billy Wagner and Octavio Dotel and still had a light out bullpen right up until.... The Incident

Brantley barely even played so even though he had some big hits down the stretch it's not the end of the world, especially given how he just straight up vanished in the ALCS. Pretty slim pickings in the OF free agency market though and we just traded the only outfield prospect worth a poo poo we had that could conceivably be ready in 2024

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zoux posted:

Michael Conforto!

Hope you're ready for the everyday OF of Chas/Dubon/Tuck

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

zoux posted:

With Dusty gone you aren't going to sniff Dubon in the OF.

So you think Yordan plays everyday LF? Or they sign like Hunter Renfroe or something

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh I thought you were joking about that lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm not too stoked about the idea of signing a player who hasn't been good in years and in the span since then has suffered a lot of injuries

illcendiary posted:

Sign Cody, Astros

Cody has zero interest in playing for the Astros I'm sure even if they make the best offer

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

illcendiary posted:

Good cause deep down I have zero interest in rooting for that weirdo :smugbert:

They’re screwed in left field lol

My sinking feeling is that Yordan is going to be the everyday LF and I'll have to watch every game in abject terror

zoux posted:

Speficially for LF it's even worse

Guriel I guess. Joc is a clubhouse cancer, don't want him running high stakes pai gow games in the locker room at 3 am on a getaway day.

It would be extremely funny if Lourdes found his way to Houston now after we thought having Yuli meant he'd come here before

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Lol i don't think Gurriel in LF will ease your anxiety

My anxiety with Yordan is for injury not for being bad

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

maybe seeing his in-state rivals go all in on spending and beat him will make Jim Crane decide to go full Cohen

lol no

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They could get Jeremy Pena for him :v:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

AFAIK only comp picks are tradeable and I don't think the Yankees have any of those. They could trade some of their international bonus pool I think?

You also can't trade a player just for cash. Best you can do is take on a bad contract for the other team. I don't think there's a good match between the Yankees and Padres in that arena.

Realistically the Yankees don't have the collection of young talent to compete in a trade market for Soto, if the Padres decide to move him. Yankees fans are basically wishcasting that the Padres will maybe just do the Yankees a solid.

I believe they changed the rules so all picks are tradeable even right after the draft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

how do you trade a draft pick after the draft?

You can trade players, not draft picks. The only exception as someone mentioned is some subset of comp picks.

ah that's what I meant lol, that they changed it from trading the freshly drafted player after a year to right away so you don't get the PTBNL shenanigans anymore

guess I misunderstood the post I was quoting, conflated draft picks with freshly drafted players