Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I know it doesnt mean much but as a casual baseball fan all this Dodgers stuff just checks me out for at least this season. Having at least some sort of parity, or at least the false illusion of competition, makes pro sports much more enjoyable to me and I have no interest in watching one team flaunt their endless pocketbook to buy all the best talent.

e: and this is totally unrelated to the Blue Jays being so unbelievably poorly managed and coached I promise...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

You're wrong to feel this way and let me tell you why

Am I at least allowed to hate the Yankees and Cardinals for absolutely no reason at all?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

mcmagic posted:

christ this is embarrassing

That isnt even top 10 most embarrassing tweets from Toronto sports media sadly.

Well, the Jays might not be good this year but maybe they will be fun to watch at least?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

mcmagic posted:

You'll always have the fake Ohtani private jet ride!

For a brief second, before logic and reason kicked in, there was a moment of happiness.

Another moment to be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time for spring training.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Who will pitch more in 2024, Sale or Mike Soroka for the White Sox

Position players.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Blue Jays are going to be so unbelievably average with no real goal they seem to be working toward and I think that might make them harder to watch than the early 2000s teams that had fun players sucking poo poo game after game.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Boston finding a way to have a worse offseason than Toronto and NY is kind of impressive.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

I would say NY has had the best offseason in their division?

A bar so low etc... :v:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

mcmagic posted:

The Yankees thought their 2023 team was actually really good and they just got super unlucky so they basically just did the Soto trade to try to calm down the fans (the ultimate low hanging fruit) and basically nothing else to try to actually change the makeup of the team. I'm not hopeful that it's going to work.

Outside of the Os hasnt the rest of the division also basically stayed the same or gotten worse? Wild card might not be what youre hoping for, but it seems possible if the Yankees roster at the very least stays healthy?

I could be way off though, im not exactly a die hard baseball fan. All I know is Rogers will continue to settle for mediocre with the Jays as long as they are the only Canadian team.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Kevin Pillar took a minor league deal with the White Sox (worth $3m if he makes the team, which he should.)

What happened to Pillar? He was fun as hell to watch in Toronto.

Just age and his reckless playstyle catching up with him?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

more falafel please posted:

gently caress do i ever want to go to a goddamn ballgame right now

I havnt been to a ballgame in person since 2009 (or 2010?) when the Jays played the Cardinals. Blue Jays managed to avoid being swept at home and some angry Cardinals fans were harassing a kid in a wheelchair after the game.

And that was when my irrational hatred for a team they wouldnt play again for years started.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Twin Cinema posted:

I am at a, like, 2018 Blue Jays-level of excitement for this team.

I dont know where the current GM came from but I wish they would take him back. He stinks at his job!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Gerblederp posted:

It’s the brain trust that used to run Cleveland, they’re operating as expected and wanted by ownership.

Nationalize Rogers (and therefore the Blue Jays).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

bawfuls posted:

my friend have you ever seen October baseball before?

Im a Blue Jays fan. So no.