Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i hope the teams i don't like lose in the playoffs and their fans feel bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I am very happy that the Rangers have to go play an unexpected 3 game series in Tampa that they did not expect.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Why does the nlds have an off day after game 1?

Either MLB wants to space out the series, or the Big Bang Theory re-runs have higher viewership than baseball.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Why does the nlds have an off day after game 1?

So that there are games on Monday.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
Go Braves!

All the other professional sports teams I like kinda suck right now, so please Braves, don't make me sportsmad.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

BasicFunk posted:

Go Braves!

All the other professional sports teams I like kinda suck right now, so please Braves, don't make me sportsmad.

Georgia is functionally a pro sports team!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I hope the Rays don't suffer any more injuries or player scandals during this post season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Probably would've been memorably historic if all three teams were hot and racing one another instead of all three falling down 25 consecutive flights of stairs for a month

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Me at first: Where's Oakla- Ohhhhhhh

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Intruder posted:

you mean the only other team than the Astros to win the division in the last seven years?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
What's the best streaming package for all playoff games?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No Safe Word posted:

you mean the only other team than the Astros to win the division in the last seven years?

It's hard to believe how badly this aged

https://twitter.com/NBCSAthletics/status/1313150437323796480

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Phillies will either flame out in the WC or repeat as NL champs there's no in between

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

aBagorn posted:

Phillies will either flame out in the WC or repeat as NL champs there's no in between

I want Schwarber to somehow hit a monster dong even better than his 120 mph 480 foot one off Darvish.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Intruder posted:

The Oakland X-Axes

(I had to check. Yes, the plural for axis is axes.)

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Go not the Astros!

Would be cool to see Baltimore do well as well.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

aBagorn posted:

IMO they're losing both games and it'll be over very quickly. They're a good bad team in that I'm not generally worried about their offense, but their pitching sucks and has the biggest chance of catching up with them when it matters most. I don't trust a single guy to not blow up in the 4th or 5th inning, and your supposedly second best pitcher seems to give up a guaranteed dinger just about every time he starts. So even if they do win the WC, Atlanta will destroy their weaker starters. I'd obviously really love to be wrong but I just don't see it happening this year, and they should 100% go after the Yamamoto guy in the offseason if he's as good as people say, along with fixing the bullpen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Would you rather your team get swept out of the WC/DS or eventually lose in a seven game WS?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

zoux posted:

Would you rather your team get swept out of the WC/DS or eventually lose in a seven game WS?

Gotta want to win that pennant.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

zoux posted:

I'd rather the M's Brant Brown themselves out of a title than never having been to the World Series.

Edit:

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Did everyone forget that the Cubs still made the postseason after Brant Brown's error?

Not at all. I'd just still rather the M's be "catch this flyball and you win the World Series" away from winning only to have Dave Niehaus rise from the dead to shout NOOOOOOO than their current status as the only team to never even get there.

Edit 2 - Change it to "Luis Castillo" if anyone would like. Same difference. Just not as well known.

Edit again?! - The 2nd baseman, NOT the pitcher. Sheesh.

Tony Phillips fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 2, 2023

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Did everyone forget that the Cubs still made the postseason after Brant Brown's error?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

zoux posted:

I'm a Twins fan so you can make your own guess

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

zoux posted:

If it's guaranteed one or the other? Maybe the WC. I'm not sure if they'll have the same level of urgency to make a major signing in the latter scenario (i.e. Turner last offseason, Yamamoto this offseason). Their payroll is obviously really high so maybe it doesn't matter either way. The latter scenario at least shows last year wasn't a total fluke, but losing four championships within a year would suck unbelievable amounts of rear end.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I remember :911:

But yeah it becomes secondary to the narrative, just like the Miracle on Ice was the semifinal and the Bartman game was game six.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Final game in Major League was the ALCS, not the series

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
would like this Braves team to come away with some silverware but if not at least lose to somebody cool and not a division rival you’ve dominated all year again

(absolutely sweating the NLDS once more)

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

zoux posted:

lose in a shocker in 7 games, go out with a bang

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

zoux posted:

Final game in Major League was the ALCS, not the series

It wasn't even a playoff game, it was a Game 163 for the division.

Also Rick Vaughn was not a closer, he was a starter who came out of the bullpen after getting his start skipped DAMMIT

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

It wasn't even a playoff game, it was a Game 163 for the division.

Also Rick Vaughn was not a closer, he was a starter who came out of the bullpen after getting his start skipped DAMMIT

Hmmm I should probably watch that again it's been a few years.

Did they even make the series?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

zoux posted:

You find out at the beginning of Major League 2 that they lost to the White Sox in the ALCS

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

zoux posted:

By the end of the second movie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

You find out at the beginning of Major League 2 that they lost to the White Sox in the ALCS

Same old Cleveland smh

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

elentar posted:

would like this Braves team to come away with some silverware but if not at least lose to somebody cool and not a division rival you’ve dominated all year again

(absolutely sweating the NLDS once more)

I think the Braves vs. whomever will be the most entertaining divisional series out of the 4

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

And then they traded Parkman to the ChiSox!!

Rachel Phelps was a better owner than Roger Dorn, change my mind

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I think my happiest winners this season would be the Orioles, Twins, Phillies, DBacks or Rangers

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bregor posted:

Well I'd need to see what they got back

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bregor posted:

Parkman doing his little shimmy

It makes all the women here in Cleveland puke

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

How would that work anyway wasn't this pre wildcard?

e: oh duh there were only 4 divisions at the time and Cleveland wasn't in the same one as Chicago

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 2, 2023

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

zoux posted:

IcePhoenix posted:

Sixty nine billion fifty million two hundred twenty seven thousand three hundred nine to one

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Which is to say, Twins fans are approaching considering human sacrifice to not get swept again.

Anyone who'd ever say getting swept out of the playoffs is preferable is mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

triple sulk posted:

IMO they're losing both games and it'll be over very quickly. They're a good bad team in that I'm not generally worried about their offense, but their pitching sucks and has the biggest chance of catching up with them when it matters most. I don't trust a single guy to not blow up in the 4th or 5th inning, and your supposedly second best pitcher seems to give up a guaranteed dinger just about every time he starts. So even if they do win the WC, Atlanta will destroy their weaker starters. I'd obviously really love to be wrong but I just don't see it happening this year, and they should 100% go after the Yamamoto guy in the offseason if he's as good as people say, along with fixing the bullpen.

I refuse to be afraid of the goddamn Marlins. This Phillies roster, in this stadium, vs a flukish Marlins team that cratered in the 2nd half. I know the Phillies have struggled vs the Marlins, but still

It's the Marlins