Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

rickiep00h posted:

Nickelback and it's not even close.

Imagine loving creed that much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

happy Texas Teams Finally Win Their First World Series Day to all :v:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Will Smith is the luckiest m'fer in baseball

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

gratz rangoons

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Canned Sunshine posted:

Are there even any consistent D’backs posters in SAS?

I'm not a regular because it's mostly just going to get drowned out by popular team posting or ignored, and I guess post more is the only way to make things heard, but there hasn't been much to post about until recently (both in the WS and the recent years) other than doomposting, which I mostly don't like to do.

Then there's my AL team the Royals and that's pretty much doomposting too.

However, I am a pretty big baseball fan, but I mostly just talk with my friends, family, and people at the bar about baseball, but I pop in here once in a rare while.

Anyhow I would at least like to say that if my D-Backs are going to lose the world series, I'm sort of glad it was to the Rangers this year not because of any love for them, but I like underdogs and at least they never had a ring before, and we didn't lose in the playoffs to another team that always wins divisions or goes far in the playoffs (there may be some undertones there).

I'm disappointed, of course, but considering all the predictions by the media and analysists, I'm actually pretty proud they made it that far. I wasn't realistically expecting it myself.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Intruder posted:

There were a few dbacks posters here and there but there aren't a ton of arizona posters in general and it seems like the suns fans like bismack are just suns fans not arizona fans

Thanks for the call out. Rude. I didn’t start watching baseball until I was an adult and living in Missouri. My suns fandom is from childhood and time spent with my granny

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Not real big on Creed but I thought “Torn” was a legit good song

Chillmatic
Jul 25, 2003

always seeking to survive and flourish
Torn got me through high school

You're a little late
I'm already torn

Good times. :unsmith:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
https://x.com/byjoelanderson/status/1719950582780448851?s=20

Parade will be in the parking lot at Globe Life.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

At least the Six Flags is still there.

"Your parade route is gauche" is really funny, wow.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Congrats to the GOAT, Will Smith who has won 4 straight World Series with 4 different teams

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Thanks for the call out. Rude. I didn’t start watching baseball until I was an adult and living in Missouri. My suns fandom is from childhood and time spent with my granny

not meant to be a callout, you're the biggest suns fan I could think of and I know your'e also a tits fan so I figured it wasn't arizona specific

either way sorry, won't happen again

Intruder fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Nov 2, 2023

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Winning a WS doesn’t feel as good as 2011 or watching the Astros win a title first felt bad.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Intruder posted:

not meant to be a callout, you're the biggest suns fan I could think of and I know your'e also a tits fan so I figured it wasn't arizona specific

either way sorry, won't happen again

Oh I was just goofing don’t worry about it. I love the attention. Big jeff

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

Congrats to the GOAT, Will Smith who has won 4 straight World Series with 4 different teams

Just 3 but that ain't bad

Career WAR: 6.3
Career rings: 3

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

No Safe Word posted:

Just 3 but that ain't bad

Career WAR: 6.3
Career rings: 3

Wasn't he on the 2020 Dodgers?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

General Dog posted:

Winning a WS doesn’t feel as good as 2011 or watching the Astros win a title first felt bad.
welcome to the dark secret of sports fandom, the highs rarely if ever feel as good as the lows feel bad

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

Wasn't he on the 2020 Dodgers?

not that Will Smith, no

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

that Will Smith is the best Will Smith, as the Will Smith vs Will Smith cage match of 2020 proved definitively

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

bawfuls posted:

that Will Smith is the best Will Smith, as the Will Smith vs Will Smith cage match of 2020 proved definitively

kiss the 3 rings dummy

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

bawfuls posted:

welcome to the dark secret of sports fandom, the highs rarely if ever feel as good as the lows feel bad

gently caress that, I'm on cloud nine still. Smiled through morning traffic.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I like dingers

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HVLubqmcTo

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

No Safe Word posted:

not that Will Smith, no

I guess you could extend the stat to be that a Will Smith has won the last four World Series.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Disagree 2022 ruled but not because I was happy, but because all of you were mad.

2017 was fun because I was happy.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Sab0921 posted:

Disagree 2022 ruled but not because I was happy, but because all of you were mad.

This is just an admission that your highest high is derived from the lows of others thus reinforcing my point

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bawfuls posted:

I like dingers

It's disgusting that this forum has swung back around to lionizing the bunt (outside of that KBO all star game bunt contest which is incredible)

bunch of brett butler rear end poo poo smh

bawfuls posted:

This is just an admission that your highest high is derived from the lows of others thus reinforcing my point

To be fair to Sab, other than for Phillies fans the "lows" was not getting to dance on the Astros graves

Intruder fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 2, 2023

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Intruder posted:

It's disgusting that this forum has swung back around to lionizing the bunt (outside of that KBO all star game bunt contest which is incredible)

bunch of brett butler rear end poo poo smh

To be fair to Sab, other than for Phillies fans the "lows" was not getting to dance on the Astros graves

never bunt, hit dingers

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

One of my earliest memories is watching Nolan pitch in the old Arlington Stadium and "booing" Steve Buechele. Don't remember much but I do remember winning the dot race (always bet on blue).

It's the next day and it's still hard to believe this is real

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Imagine loving creed that much

You're going the wrong direction there. I hate Nickelback that much.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Fortaleza posted:

It's the next day and it's still hard to believe this is real

Yeah this one is harder to process than the mavs and stars win for some reason. Just been so drat long

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Sab0921 posted:

2022 was nice because it gave a clean win that I knew in no way would stop anyone who was firmly on the Astros hate train from continuing to talk poo poo about the Astros. But as an Astros fan who didn't like a dirty win, getting the clean one was nice.

2017 was an incredible high at the time because it was a lifetime of purgatory with a couple glimmers of almost there teases finally getting the win. But then you know, all the rest that came from it.

e: Also, in the afterglow, realizing we got it before the Rangers was a nice little decoration on top.

Dameius fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 2, 2023

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Happily wearing my Nelson Cruz shirsey today. I'm really happy Mike Young, Kinsler, and Beltre were there to be a part of this.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 26 minutes!

Dameius posted:

2022 was nice because it gave a clean win that I knew in no way would stop anyone who was firmly on the Astros hate train from continuing to talk poo poo about the Astros. But as an Astros fan who didn't like a dirty win, getting the clean one was nice.

2017 was an incredible high at the time because it was a lifetime of purgatory with a couple glimmers of almost there teases finally getting the win. But then you know, all the rest that came from it.

e: Also, in the afterglow, realizing we got it before the Rangers was a nice little decoration on top.

2017 and the experiences from it can never be taken from me. It was my first championship for one of the teams I support and it was my favorite team at that. I'll always treasure those memories.

2022 was almost as special because it kind of served as a definitive statement for the Astros "era" that we're basically still in. While amazing and I'll remember it forever, 2017 will always be "the one."

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

I thought Creed were all Marlins fans

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Marlins couldn't afford to keep them

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

They can't be picky at this stage of their career

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

that last one :lol:

https://twitter.com/baseballhall/status/1719965246280937552

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe

bawfuls posted:

You are correct, this does not make me forget Nellie Cruz, and I still can't process the thought of the Little Red Shoed Rangers as world champs.
Still have my ticket stub for Nolan's 5000th strikeout game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

gently caress me that's good