Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isnoop
Jan 9, 2001

I used to be an admin,
but then I took an arrow
to the knee.
I searched long and hard, but could not find a post icon for Mangosteen.
That said, I put zero effort into searching for a memorial thread. As Rich would have appreciated. And promptly ~almost~ banned me for before shouting something about PHP via chat.

Is there any sort of ongoing memorial for that fucker? He was a complicated man, but there are parts of him I miss and would like to pay some respects.

--isnoop

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

"complicated"

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
Wow two blasts from the past in one thread

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Jesus it's isnoop :stare:

There's not really any thread per se. He's brought up in different places and with different reasons for it, but ongoing no not really

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

He was almost universally reviled and disowned by everyone at SA by the time he died so no I don't really think there's anything like that

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

isnoop posted:

I searched long and hard, but could not find a post icon for Mangosteen.
That said, I put zero effort into searching for a memorial thread. As Rich would have appreciated. And promptly ~almost~ banned me for before shouting something about PHP via chat.

Is there any sort of ongoing memorial for that fucker? He was a complicated man, but there are parts of him I miss and would like to pay some respects.

--isnoop

If you going I'm going.
I put on my robe and Wizard hat

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

isnoop posted:

Is there any sort of ongoing memorial for that fucker?

Yeah, it's called "lol Lowtax is dead. Anyway..."

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

no

isnoop
Jan 9, 2001

I used to be an admin,
but then I took an arrow
to the knee.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Jesus it's isnoop :stare:

There's not really any thread per se. He's brought up in different places and with different reasons for it, but ongoing no not really

Well then let this be it.

Rich, you were one bizarre man. I remember hanging out with you at one point, buying that lovely Camaro just days after your ex girlfriend ditched you in the most drama-riffic way possible. You showed me flash game dev and made me sure I only wanted to do back-end dev for the next many years. You showed me my still-favorite horror movie and unwittingly showed me things I needed to know to be a better man.

I remember your wedding a few years later where I was wowed by these pre-youtubers who also attended--folks who in order to capitalize on their comedy and video production skills had to sell a loving DVD instead of monetizing views.

I think of you sometimes, dude. You hosed up and I don't forgive you that, but I do hope you're spending eternity listening to Gas Chamber music, which I know you'd enjoy. Treat me mean, I Need the Reputation for lyfe. You shaped my life in ways I can't tell you now. But FWIW, hellbans, Gooncon, the birth of image macros, and runnin' teh whoops are all important milestones I'll never forget thanks to you.

Suck it, my friend.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

isnoop posted:

Rich, you were one bizarre man. I remember hanging out with you at one point, buying that lovely Camaro just days after your ex girlfriend ditched you in the most drama-riffic way possible. You showed me flash game dev and made me sure I only wanted to do back-end dev for the next many years. You showed me my still-favorite horror movie and unwittingly showed me things I needed to know to be a better man.

I remember your wedding a few years later where I was wowed by these pre-youtubers who also attended--folks who in order to capitalize on their comedy and video production skills had to sell a loving DVD instead of monetizing views.

I think of you sometimes, dude. You hosed up and I don't forgive you that, but I do hope you're spending eternity listening to Gas Chamber music, which I know you'd enjoy. Treat me mean, I Need the Reputation for lyfe. You shaped my life in ways I can't tell you now. But FWIW, hellbans, Gooncon, the birth of image macros, and runnin' teh whoops are all important milestones I'll never forget thanks to you.

Suck it, my friend.

tl;dr

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

isnoop posted:

Suck it, my friend.

This is probably a better eulogy than he got at his own funeral. Lowtax was a legend, now he is gone. Thank you and Good riddance

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
The customer-facing cash register screens at 7-Eleven have a line that says LOW TAX on them. At least they do in my city, I don't know if they're like that anywhere else. Gone but not completely forgotten

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
I remember a lowtax thread once where I posted some Front Line Assembly song in response to him and he said it was cool but he'd ban me if I posted anything from FLAvour of the Weak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpndb4YOGAM

rip lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Secks Cauldron posted:

The customer-facing cash register screens at 7-Eleven have a line that says LOW TAX on them. At least they do in my city, I don't know if they're like that anywhere else. Gone but not completely forgotten

God Bless

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
suicide is loving terrible.

I miss you Garrett. 16 years already.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

lowtax *fart*

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

suicide is loving terrible.

I miss you Garrett. 16 years already.

I never read what you say, but this made me tear up

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

you can say "this ones for you richard" every time you poo poo into the toilet or something as memorial if youd like op idk

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chief McHeath posted:

you can say "this ones for you richard" every time you poo poo into the toilet or something as memorial if youd like op idk

How did you know how I take a dump?!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

one time i played Science and Industry with lowtax and i kicked his fuggen rear end so hard he was typing gamer words

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
real talk: Did Rich really kill himself? Last thing I remember about him was him looking like poo poo in the hospital, then everyone made fun of him

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

real talk: Did Rich really kill himself?

He had information that could lead to the arrest of Hilary Clinton.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Esplanade posted:

He had information that could lead to the arrest of Hilary Clinton.

Like her husband is a cheater, or that she used a different email server than the US government, or that George Bush Jr could have prevented 9-11? What are we talking about here?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

She posts in CSPAM.

isnoop
Jan 9, 2001

I used to be an admin,
but then I took an arrow
to the knee.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Like her husband is a cheater, or that she used a different email server than the US government, or that George Bush Jr could have prevented 9-11? What are we talking about here?

Her emails.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Esplanade posted:

She posts in CSPAM.

that loving bitch!

Lurk Ethic
Jul 25, 2007

Lurk More

Lmao

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Of all the drunk guys who hit his spouse he certainly was one.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

:rip:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Willatron posted:

Of all the drunk guys who hit his spouse he certainly was one.

I feel bad for her if she got hit by that many drunk guys :( Just one was bad enough imo

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

real talk: Did Rich really kill himself? Last thing I remember about him was him looking like poo poo in the hospital, then everyone made fun of him
The hospital pic was like several years and a couple of abused partners before he shot himself. Although it might have been the beginning of the end, since I'm guessing that's when he started getting addicted to painkillers.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

isnoop posted:

Suck it, my friend.

Thanks for that mate.

I met Richard IRL in 2004 at the Coogee Bay Hotel when he came to Sydney and he shouted me and some other weird hosed-up goons beers.

He did not seem like a oval office at the time. I enjoyed his company.

:rip:

:itwaspoo:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I met Richard IRL at Gooncon :regd04:

He was really tense for being the star of the show

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Rich from big and rich is still alive

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Vampire Panties posted:

Yeah that was my experience with him in 2004 as well

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

He wasn't even top 10 front page writers

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dearly Beloved, we have gathered here today
to get through this thing called life....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Vampire Panties posted:

I'd be tense too if I had a bunch of goon fans back when goons were all young troublemakers.