Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Dixville posted:

Is no one remembering the thread where fragmaster announced his death? I feel like that was kind of a memorial thread but it got real weird when one of his diehard friends showed up and talked about eating cum or something? I know it involved cum. Anyway I have no clue how to search for it

It's in the goldmine and I'm linking it here.

It wasn't a diehard friend that showed up either. From what I remembered (not gonna re-read that thread) It was a trans person who Lowtax had paid for some naked pics, including the eating cum part. Or so was the claim.

That thread got derailed by many other things, including a frozen dead goldfish pet who was later buried in its own thread. Never change goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Saoshyant posted:

It's in the goldmine and I'm linking it here.

It wasn't a diehard friend that showed up either. From what I remembered (not gonna re-read that thread) It was a trans person who Lowtax had paid for some naked pics, including the eating cum part. Or so was the claim.

That thread got derailed by many other things, including a frozen dead goldfish pet who was later buried in its own thread. Never change goons.

Good old screamy :screamy:

I had forgotten lady Ambien actually posted in that thread and it was heart breaking. It's copied into the op. I hope she felt better getting things off her chest here.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Something Awful: I know it involved cum.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I regret not saving that dub from Prison School of Lotax making GBS threads in the computer lab.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

isnoop posted:

I searched long and hard, but could not find a post icon for Mangosteen.
That said, I put zero effort into searching for a memorial thread. As Rich would have appreciated. And promptly ~almost~ banned me for before shouting something about PHP via chat.

Is there any sort of ongoing memorial for that fucker? He was a complicated man, but there are parts of him I miss and would like to pay some respects.

--isnoop

If you knew him maybe you'd like this pic I drew
Never showed it to him, when I made it I didn't know he hit women

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Waffle! posted:

I regret not saving that dub from Prison School of Lotax making GBS threads in the computer lab.

I have it saved but imgur won't allow uploads of mp4's longer than 60 seconds. If you can give me a different host I'll upload it.

e: Nevermind, found something.

https://streamable.com/qfj0ac

Valko fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 4, 2023

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
honestly, the fact he was so lonely he was messaging random goons as just a Thing He Does, and that this thread is just full of stories of him just messaging people randomly a few times and very little further contact, it's a fitting but very sad memorial for the fact that he seemed to have no real, genuine human connections. just oof. yikesaroo, indeed.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

lowtax going down the list of SA accounts and messaging the ones with the gender set to female

wow what a lonely guy, heartbreaking to hear he was up to such behavior, which could only be described as lonely and nothing else

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I lurked around some dark corners of the internet during the whole shitshow.

If Shmorky's crazy ex is to be believed - she was getting messages too.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Did this today just to see if the platform still had trouble with ASCII art, but it fits here too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Bad Purchase posted:

lowtax going down the list of SA accounts and messaging the ones with the gender set to female

wow what a lonely guy, heartbreaking to hear he was up to such behavior, which could only be described as lonely and nothing else

I was basically saying this thread reads as pathetic with the 'memories' posted and that's fitting bc so was Lowtax

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like in an other timeline perhaps Lowtax could have responded to yikesaroo with “holy poo poo, you guys are right, I am a piece of poo poo and I have hit rock bottom. I am going to work on this” and worked towards some form of a redemption arc. But he didn’t, he doubled down, and I feel like his decision to do that led to his demise.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
just talked to a FB friend today and she knows Lowtax bc he followed her Tumblr to make fun of it

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Yes, every time I take a difficult poo poo.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Toasting ina n epic bread

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

mangosteen

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Empty Sandwich posted:

just talked to a FB friend today and she knows Lowtax bc he followed her Tumblr to make fun of it

Post her tumblr

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

hearing lowtax bullied my friend and going "oh haha whats your tumblr a guy on the forum he owned asked"

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I would've let Lowtax touch my hole if I thought it would make him stop beating women

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

No human connections is fitting because that's exactly how perpetrators of domestic violence need to be forced to live

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lowtax i once played grim dawn and EDF with you and you weren't very good

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

sometimes Uwe Boll's ring finger aches a bit in the cold, does that count as an ongoing memorial

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

"Mom, I want to to discuss Werner Herzog and Klaus Kinski."

"We have Werner Herzog and Klaus Kinski at home."

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

M
A
N
G
O
S
T
E
E
N

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

never tried anything mangosteen

is it good? what’s the best way to get into mangosteen these days?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I didn't know who Rich was in the thread title, and I'd rather keep it that way

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Bad Purchase posted:

never tried anything mangosteen

is it good? what’s the best way to get into mangosteen these days?
i bought it off the back of a truck in bangkok, but ive seen it at some asian markets over here sometimes

you just crack it open abd eat it, its kinda like a lychee in the middle, also dont eat it indoors its apparently bad luck, so ive been told

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

rrrrrrrichard

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

always found it weird how people on this site feel some strange closeness to the owner and called him Rich instead of Lowtax

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

isnoop posted:

Is there any sort of ongoing memorial for that fucker? He was a complicated man, but there are parts of him I miss and would like to pay some respects.

I'm not gonna lie. At the turn of the century when I was young, I thought Lowtax was one of the funniest people in the world. Those early front page articles were amazing, and I used to read them religiously. It's also fair to say that he's probably one of the most influential people in shaping the Internet, considering how influential this place used to be. And poo poo, how unique the place is even today. For all its problems I wouldn't trade it for Reddit or any of those other shitholes, and even though Lowtax was at best an absentee landlord for the last 15 years of his life, he did get the ball rolling.

Having said that, he definitely managed to nuke any good will towards him long before all the abuse and other truly reprehensible poo poo came out. And after that, none of the earlier positive stuff really mattered that much, doubly so because instead of trying to make amends and taking responsibility for the poo poo he'd done, he chose to kill himself. gently caress him.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

i bought it off the back of a truck in bangkok, but ive seen it at some asian markets over here sometimes

you just crack it open abd eat it, its kinda like a lychee in the middle, also dont eat it indoors its apparently bad luck, so ive been told

That explains so much

Friggybum
Jun 12, 2001

SO FRESH. SO KLEEN.

bradzilla posted:

always found it weird how people on this site feel some strange closeness to the owner and called him Rich instead of Lowtax

In the case of iSnoop it's likely because he met and knew him as a human more than just an avatar/site op

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Friggybum posted:

In the case of iSnoop it's likely because he met and knew him as a human more than just an avatar/site op

I realize that is the case for isnoop, but for the majority of people it was not op

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

I’m over 40 years old at what point can I stop calling people by their internet handles and use their real name when I know it

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

every day i live my life according to lowtax’s wishes

in a way, we are all an ongoing memorial to richard as we carry the torch of his great example

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Cassette Moodcore posted:

I’m over 40 years old at what point can I stop calling people by their internet handles and use their real name when I know it

whenever you want bud, i'll still think it's weird

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

just my ol buddy rich, beating woman as he does lol RIP you wacky fella

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Rich Evans is doing fine.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

have there been any post death lowtax sightings? i think we need a fun conspiracy, like elvis

Bad Purchase fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Oct 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Bad Purchase posted:

have their been any post death lowtax sightings? i think we need a fun conspiracy, like elvis

i saw a man who looked suspiciously like him in a bookmakers in a small town in east scotland. he was placing a bet on the horses and muttering to himself about sweaty hooves