Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Bad Purchase posted:

have their been any post death lowtax sightings? i think we need a fun conspiracy, like elvis

jeffrey of yospos is just an alt and we've all been bamboozled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
We talked through xbox sometimes. This was right around the domestic abuse allegations came out. He was saying how everyone turned on him and he was super bitter about that. He genuinely believed that being acquitted meant he was not guilty of anything.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

bradzilla posted:

jeffrey of yospos is just an alt and we've all been bamboozled

Can't be, the new guy isn't constantly begging for money

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Extra Large Marge posted:

Can't be, the new guy isn't constantly begging for money

:thejoke:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Cassette Moodcore posted:

I’m over 40 years old at what point can I stop calling people by their internet handles and use their real name when I know it

whenever you'd like, Cassette Moodcore

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i saw a man who looked suspiciously like him in a bookmakers in a small town in east scotland. he was placing a bet on the horses and muttering to himself about sweaty hooves

His hair was perfect

That neck on the other hand…

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Cassette Moodcore posted:

I’m over 40 years old at what point can I stop calling people by their internet handles and use their real name when I know it

These are our real names

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

We need a Spartacus-style "I am Lowtax!" scene.

However, I am definitely not Lowtax.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Lowtax was the Peter Pan to our Lost Boys. Take that how you will.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

who was the alligator

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

dervival posted:

who was the alligator

moot

Edit: wait, gently caress, I forgot how the alligator worked in that story.

Uh, I dunno...Schmorky? Fragmaster?

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
Then who was moot?

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Hell Gem

isnoop posted:

I searched long and hard, but could not find a post icon for Mangosteen.
That said, I put zero effort into searching for a memorial thread. As Rich would have appreciated. And promptly ~almost~ banned me for before shouting something about PHP via chat.

Is there any sort of ongoing memorial for that fucker? He was a complicated man, but there are parts of him I miss and would like to pay some respects.

--isnoop

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

god drat that's a name I haven't seen in a long time

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

I guess one of the pirates who used to be one of the Lost Boys but then Peter kicked him out because he REALLY liked sharing naked pics of Rufio or something?

Or maybe he'd be Captain Hook... 'cause, y'know, he was the leader of 4chan and all. But Captain Hook was never a Lost Boy and moot did the face-heel turn character arc

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
e: n/m

VplDyln
Oct 24, 2022
I wouldn't be the same person I am without Lowtax. Voted five goonbabies, into the sun.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

PureEvil6_13 posted:

He genuinely believed that being acquitted meant he was not guilty of anything.

RavenousScoot
Mar 22, 2013

I'm more mad about Shmorky.
I stopped paying attention to them/SA and let a low-tier patreon donation rock until I got mildly doxxed and saw the kiwifarms poo poo

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Lowtax was at best an absentee landlord

"Lowtax? Is that it?

Lowtax? Well, I tell ya, let me give you a little inside information about Lowtax...."

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

These are our real names

Goons are like Batman, Bruce Wayne is the costume.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

he was a guy who needed to do a lot of work to be ok to ppl around him but i dont think he deserved to die, its also the option that results in the least content,

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Bad Purchase posted:

never tried anything mangosteen

is it good? what’s the best way to get into mangosteen these days?

They call it the Queen of Fruits (durian is called the king) and it is really tasty. Sort of like a cross between a strawberry and a mandarin orange.

I don't know why anyone would try to make juice out of one, though. It's not wet enough. It'd be like juicing a banana.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

DONKEY SALAMI posted:

"Mom, I want to to discuss Werner Herzog and Klaus Kinski."

"We have Werner Herzog and Klaus Kinski at home."

Oof

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

bradzilla posted:

always found it weird how people on this site feel some strange closeness to the owner and called him Rich instead of Lowtax

Whoa you are an ik
Cool

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Valko posted:

I don't know why anyone would try to make juice out of one, though. It's not wet enough. It'd be like juicing a banana.

i put bananas in smoothies all the time, that’s basically a juiced banana, it’s good

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Spinz posted:

Whoa you are an ik
Cool

(it's actually not cool at all)

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

lowtax was a piece of poo poo but i love sa so i have conflicting thoughts about him

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Bad Purchase posted:

have there been any post death lowtax sightings? i think we need a fun conspiracy, like elvis

Lowtax has actually been dead since 9/11, he was the one who did it and everything after that was a shared delusion.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

bradzilla posted:

always found it weird how people on this site feel some strange closeness to the owner and called him Rich instead of Lowtax

Yeah especially since it's not even accurate. If he was rich he wouldn't have been begging for money all the time.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
he would have been rich if it weren't for taxes explainging his name

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Defiance Industries posted:

Lowtax has actually been dead since 9/11, he was the one who did it and everything after that was a shared delusion.

Mangosteen can’t melt steel beams

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Rich folk pay low taxes so it makes perfect sense actually

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

oh he's low tax because he's rich. goddamnit

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

hbag posted:

Wait, really?

Holy poo poo!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Mangosteen can’t melt steel beams

can't heal steel spines?

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

hbag posted:

no, he named himself after this luminary

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byron_Looper

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Bad Purchase posted:

every day i live my life according to lowtax’s wishes

in a way, we are all an ongoing memorial to richard as we carry the torch of his great example

Uphold the principles of Kyankist thought

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Between this thread and Whangs recent video about bigpeeler and the ostrich it got me thinking about browsing the front page 20 years ago. Out of curiosity I googled "Cranky Steve's Haunted Whorehouse". It actually provided a link. None of the pictures are still there.

The front page is like car park full of abandoned storage containers. So much long forgotten and neglected stuff, much of it broken or missing essential parts.

I think this is the most surprising thing:

Why did SA ever link to CNN? Look at the rest of those links. One of these things is not like the other.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

cnn.com is a comedy website, in a way

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
CNN is full of laughs, unlike Penny Arcade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I think it was either there as a joke, or perhaps being the early 00's people still didn't think about getting their news online and it was linked so you could see the news and discuss it on the forums?