Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

redshirt posted:

If you have to babysit, organize a "Kids Olympics" and just run them back and forth for a while, hyping up the races.
Then sit them in front of the TV with mac and cheese and a Disney movie. Done and done.

This is a pro move. My nephew likes to go on "spy missions" that basically amount to running up and down stairs for 20 minutes and plugging in some Christmas lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Locking your nephews in the tower of London while you usurp the throne.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
dying young and making you wonder if there is a family curse a la the 27 club

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I think my best white trash 90s memory is when I was real little my uncle moved his RV onto our front lawn to live for a while, I loved it because hell yeah big RV in my yard and he had a Sega Genesis so he was living like a king as far as I was concerned

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

buy everyone (kids & adults) really terrible hats and tell the kids to help insist everybody wear them

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Punkinhead posted:

I think my best white trash 90s memory is when I was real little my uncle moved his RV onto our front lawn to live for a while, I loved it because hell yeah big RV in my yard and he had a Sega Genesis so he was living like a king as far as I was concerned

my white trash 90s is the much-younger-than-dad uncle living in grandmas basement with neon posters and a Playstation 1, with all those fuckin' Gex games. living at home in his 20s before it was cool.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

There was a moment when they really tried to convince you Gex was A Thing

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Hold the baby, sway him back and forth, and hand him back to Mom just as he yarks.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Szyznyk posted:

Hold the baby, sway him back and forth, and hand him back to Mom just as he yarks.

Someone's gotta a poopy diaper!

Well, gotta go. Bye!

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

My mom used to have a grudge against my uncle because my older brother wouldn't stop talking about the best dinner ever his uncle got him: a Slim Jim and a Big Gulp.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.
Explaining the finer points of snitches get stitches to a 9 year old at her birthday party.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
offering you tickets to his next gig even though you live nowhere near Detroit and wouldn't be allowed in that particular performance establishment.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
My uncle dated A LOT when he got divorced. Every single family event he had a new girlfriend with him. Some decades later, he got a random Facebook message from one of the ol' gals. Seems the reason she "moved away for a job" was really because she was knocked up and he was the father. The kid was now 25 years old and just wanted to know more about his family roots.

Very common I know.

My Uncle had grown kids of his own, a new wife, and had just retired. I think they met face to face a few times, once with a lawyer present, and then never spoke again. The lawyer was there to make sure no one was trying to claim past child support (they weren't).

Our entire family was told to keep this on the down low especially around my Grandmother (Uncle's mother), the Matriarch of the family that everyone feared. I never even met this person, a blood cousin, because everyone just...stopped talking to her. Imagine being afraid of your own mother that much. I never even knew any of this went down until a year later. You could barely even talk about it in secret. Eventually the years went by, Gramma died and everyone just stopped talking or even acknowledging another relative.

All because a guy was afraid to tell his mommy he knocked someone up and didn't know it.

.....Oh, right. Um....a Big Beef and Cheddar with curly fries to go. Thank you

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Lets you look at photo albums of Polaroids he took at Sturgis

Bonzo fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 2, 2023

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Here’s a butterfly knife I got off Amazon. Don’t tell your mom.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Pulling back some grungy wood paneling to reveal a well used Ziploc bag of the shittiest bush weed known to man and then holding it up while making a shushing motion with his finger

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

One of my uncles had a pimped out Econovan with floor to wall shag and a fridge and a couch that turned into a bed, with a little disco ball hanging near the bubble window. Captains chairs. No bitching mural outside though, just plain tan.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

redshirt posted:

One of my uncles had a pimped out Econovan with floor to wall shag and a fridge and a couch that turned into a bed, with a little disco ball hanging near the bubble window. Captains chairs. No bitching mural outside though, just plain tan.

His mom made him paint over the sweet airbrushed wizard

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Punkinhead posted:

both of my uncles lived with us as kids at one point. Just like "whoops, you're moving back into the bedroom with your brother and your uncle is getting your room"

One of my uncles is close enough in age to basically be a big brother, and it was :krad:

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Here’s a butterfly knife I got off Amazon. Don’t tell your mom.

Bonzo posted:

Lets you look at photo albums of Polaroids he took at Sturgis

On brand.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Can’t go Classic Uncle on this because “drink a shitload of Miller Lites while driving” or “come back from Vietnam a heroin addict” are no longer acceptable.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

not seeing me for 9 years then showing up at christmas and announcing you are getting married. that's real uncle poo poo

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

He was going to chaperone your school field trip, but it turns out he had a one-nighter with your teacher.

"Sorry little man, Principal Morris says I gotta sit this one out. "

Wet Bulb Drip
Jul 27, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Brother Tadger posted:

Glockenspiel/Drum set for Christmas!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

GolfHole posted:

buy everyone (kids & adults) really terrible hats and tell the kids to help insist everybody wear them

The hats say federal boobie inspector

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
when my sister makes me drink too much i tell her kids all the crimes i've committed

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

i was also the first person in their lives to introduce them to VR so i have achieved a core memory

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Private Cumshoe posted:

The Shithead hat with the rubber dog turd on the brim.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Take 'em to the Fair!

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Murder your brother, marry his wife.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Private Cumshoe posted:

to actually become a federal boob inspector

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
drinking a budweiser while driving a harley one handed and no helmet

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I took 2 of my nieces to get piercings their parents didn't approve of.
I buy their art and flew across country to surprise one of them at her college graduation.
I don't tell their parents when they drunk text me but I make sure they're with friends and drinking water and getting back home ok.
I take their music recommendations and tell them how good their taste is even if I don't like it.
I keep their secrets because my wife and I are the lone sane lefties in the family.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I took 2 of my nieces to get piercings their parents didn't approve of.
I buy their art and flew across country to surprise one of them at her college graduation.
I don't tell their parents when they drunk text me but I make sure they're with friends and drinking water and getting back home ok.
I take their music recommendations and tell them how good their taste is even if I don't like it.
I keep their secrets because my wife and I are the lone sane lefties in the family.

A solid Uncle

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

All my uncles were pretty normal, but man, I got a couple crazy rear end aunts that are going through it right now.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My uncle helped me convince my cousin that Friday the 13th Jason was real and also gave me a tape of Outkast's Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik. Two solid uncle moves, as far as I'm concerned.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

My uncle helped me convince my cousin that Friday the 13th Jason was real and also gave me a tape of Outkast's Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik. Two solid uncle moves, as far as I'm concerned.

he is real, you can go to the lake and see for yourself

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Giving all the kids slingshots

Going on a work trip to another country (actually in jail)

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I’ll be visiting nieces and nephews in a few weeks, some of which I have never met and they are in kindergarten.

I’m taking notes so I can be a good uncle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Super Mario Maker on the WII U. Just try reminding them that the battery is shite.