Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

What the absolute gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Horrible

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Per Reddit (or per Colombian journalist, rather), it sounds like his mom has been rescued but his dad is still being held captive.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

time to bring lingard back home

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Bring back Ronald

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Per Reddit (or per Colombian journalist, rather), it sounds like his mom has been rescued but his dad is still being held captive.

Authorities have said they believe his Dad may have been smuggled into Venezuela

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

sticksy posted:

Bring back Ronald

I'm not sure how a second massive clown is meant to help them out

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1718953429635051737

RIP, you were really good for a couple years, got a huge money move to Chelsea, became insanely poo poo, and then everyone forgot about you.

He played for Chelsea 23 times in five seasons, 22 of those appearances were in his first season.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
he was transcendently bad at Villa. managed to play in four matches, got a yellow card, headbutted a team mate in practice and was subsequently kicked off the team

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

More like stinkwater

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Shrapnig posted:

RIP, you were really good for a couple years, got a huge money move to Chelsea, became insanely poo poo, and then everyone forgot about you.

He played for Chelsea 23 times in five seasons, 22 of those appearances were in his first season.

living the dream - working really hard to get your promotion at age 28 then a simple game of coasting into retirement.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Wonder if the judge who banned him from driving for going through someone's garden wall while drunk made a hilarious judge-style joke about heeding the advice in his name before getting behind the wheel in the future

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Shrapnig posted:

The most recent Manchester United youth product to win the Premier League (along with Danny Simpson, Matty James, Ritchie De Laet and Tom Lawrence (not sure if they all got medals))

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

quote:

In May, ESPN named Drinkwater's move to Chelsea as the second-worst transfer in Premier League history, behind only Ali Dia's move to Southampton.

High praise

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Incredible that a guy who was a huge part of a title-winning midfield became so poo poo that after Chelsea released him he went 15 months without finding another club before announcing his retirement. I guess it was all just Kante's coattails the whole time

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

sebzilla posted:

The most recent Manchester United youth product to win the Premier League (along with Danny Simpson, Matty James, Ritchie De Laet and Tom Lawrence (not sure if they all got medals))

Simpson and De Laet did. De Laet managed to pick up a promotion medal with Boro the same season.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/GNev2/status/1718900997295087975?t=Xf-4DsbwVEIZWi3fimK48A&s=19

Apparently the problem with the glazers now is they've spent too much money and should be more involved in transfer decisions

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Daily reminder that the Glazers have spent something like negative a billion on the club.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheRat posted:

Daily reminder that the Glazers have spent something like negative a billion on the club.

Yeah, they're incredibly good at owning the club. Running it...

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

https://twitter.com/GNev2/status/1718900997295087975?t=Xf-4DsbwVEIZWi3fimK48A&s=19

Apparently the problem with the glazers now is they've spent too much money and should be more involved in transfer decisions

To be fair to Neville, I think he’s ultimately asking for competent, accountable leadership that values the long term health of the club. The Glazers are capable of doing multiple bad things at once. They both suck too much cash out through dividends funded by leverage (with infrastructure suffering as a result) and they sanction too many badly-thought and expensive transfer deals.

I think that’s a normal thing to ask for. Whether Man-U are going to get to that ideal state of affairs without kicking the Glazers out is something else.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

TheRat posted:

They've taken huge amounts of money out the club but for all the jokes about official crisp partners that's given United the ability to see that money leave and have the highest net spend until boehly came along.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Eric Cantonese posted:

To be fair to Neville, I think he’s ultimately asking for competent, accountable leadership that values the long term health of the club. The Glazers are capable of doing multiple bad things at once. They both suck too much cash out through dividends funded by leverage (with infrastructure suffering as a result) and they sanction too many badly-thought and expensive transfer deals.

I think that’s a normal thing to ask for. Whether Man-U are going to get to that ideal state of affairs without kicking the Glazers out is something else.

reminds you that Neville is also the guy who looked at Arsenal signing 23 year old Ben White, 22 year old Martin Ødegaard, 23 year old Aaron Ramsdale, 22 year old Takehiro Tomiyasu and 21 year old Albert Lokonga and was confused about the strategy. I don't think he actually wants the long term health options as much as he says he does.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

UnderFreddy posted:

reminds you that Neville is also the guy who looked at Arsenal signing 23 year old Ben White, 22 year old Martin Ødegaard, 23 year old Aaron Ramsdale, 22 year old Takehiro Tomiyasu and 21 year old Albert Lokonga and was confused about the strategy. I don't think he actually wants the long term health options as much as he says he does.

A terminal backup defender, a backup goalkeeper, and a now 24 year old player deemed not good enough yet. Three out of five ain't bad.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Manchester United would probably love to have even a 2 out of 5 success rate with their transfers though

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mr Snips posted:

Manchester United would probably love to have even a 2 out of 5 success rate with their transfers though

Sure, but what does that have to do with Gary Neville's assessment of Arsenal's transfers?

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Shrapnig posted:

Sure, but what does that have to do with Gary Neville's assessment of Arsenal's transfers?

it wasn't about the transfers themselves, it was the obvious strategy implicated in them.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
manchester are a horrible and gross club and it's incredibly wholesome that karma is finally catching up with them

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

nawilo_420 posted:

manchester are a horrible and gross club and it's incredibly wholesome that karma is finally catching up with them

That happened a decade ago, op

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They’re gonna make a big money signing in January and end up in fifth place. They’ll be okay.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ben White is good, OP, except his hair. Tomi is also having a much better season.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Ramsdale should also probably be starting, Raya at best seems a side grade so far

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lokonga was obviously an outstanding purchase because it gave us that clip of Eddie telling him to stop crying about not playing

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

sourdough posted:

Ramsdale should also probably be starting, Raya at best seems a side grade so far
Raya has played passes that Ramsdale has never succeeded in doing before. He’s had his shaky moments but overall he’s almost definitely been an improvement.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Unfortunately Raya is worse at every single other aspect of being a goalkeeper

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Yeah I'd rather he not be able to make some passes if it means also not making 1-2 huge mistakes every match. Not that ramsdale is perfect there either, and Raya might clean up his mistakes over time too.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ramsdale is just not particularly good

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

There's not another Alisson to buy and Raya was a bargain so :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Neither Rams or Raya are particularly good...

They are particularly great!