Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I'm hearing that John Henry has forcibly kissed LeBron James

E: What a lovely snipe lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

nawilo_420 posted:

why? did you also want to hear the audio of all the times var made a "mistake" that benefited liverpoo?

because the match was blatantly rigged

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

might sound like a bit of a conspiracy theorist admittedly but something tells me that the team managed by former doping cheat pep guardiola, largely staffed by barcelona alumni involved in paying off neigrera, with hundreds of financial charges against them, who's owners also just paid the referees half their yearly salary for a game two days earlier in the league they own in the middle east might not be entirely above board

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
it sounds a lot like it actually

city shouldn't exist and it's definitely dumb they were in the UAE a couple days before but if they were tipping the scales like this there are more subtle ways

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 2, 2023

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
It's funny if the argument is it must be rigged because there's no way the refs could be so incompetent, as if we haven't seen them be that incompetent for years

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
if youre going to do a conspiracy, the key thing to do is publicly apologise for it 45 minutes after doing it

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

tbp posted:

might sound like a bit of a conspiracy theorist

"Might"

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

definitely. my bad it's actually impossible for them to have cheated, that only happens in spain (same ppl) and italy. once they stepped foot in england they were possessed by the spirit of fair play lol

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:

strange that there were no calls for a parliamentary enquiry from the liverpoo fans when all this happened 🤔

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

well you see when it goes in favor of the team I support it's cool and good

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Agreed

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

King of False Promises posted:

well you see when it goes in favor of the team I support it's cool and good

Ah, a fellow reader of the laws of association football

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The underlying assumptions that Liverpool are the only team that Man City would need to sabotage and that rigging games to help Spurs wouldn't potentially be a risk at all are fun ones.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

The underlying assumptions that Liverpool are the only team that Man City would need to sabotage and that rigging games to help Spurs wouldn't potentially be a risk at all are fun ones.

1 out of 2 isn't bad :classiclol:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Blasmeister posted:

i mean be for real for a minute lol

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

tbp posted:

definitely. my bad it's actually impossible for them to have cheated, that only happens in spain (same ppl) and italy. once they stepped foot in england they were possessed by the spirit of fair play lol

Why the gently caress do man city have anything to do with a bad refereeing decision that you don't like

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

tbp posted:

The 5th place team from last year are definitely the biggest threat

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

tbp posted:

:ironicat:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

with a time sensitive system like VAR you need a protocol, a process and a standard for everything. they didn’t have a clear way to hand off decisions to var and vice versa. they didn’t have a process for rescinding var calls in the event of a miscommunication, even if play has restarted. they thought through the broad strokes but didn’t think through the implementation details, the edge cases.

you can bench a ref for a week — sack them, even — and send them for more training but humans make mistakes no matter what. the system should be accounting for that possibility in ways other than making a very public apology

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Stating from the outset what they are checking for and then reading out the decision in full would seem like a really simple change

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Tories about to be voted out, media furore over Liverpool players and disappearing lines, it’s the late 90’s all over again.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Total Meatlove posted:

Tories about to be voted out, media furore over Liverpool players and disappearing lines, it’s the late 90’s all over again.

no be here now this time, hell timeline confirmed

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/1708947611397316712

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Those AI generated football images are getting worse

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Requesting an amendment to the OP, OP

Chelsea should only be under bad teams once

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Requesting an amendment to the OP, OP

Chelsea should only be under bad teams once

Counter-request: the bad teams should all be Chelsea.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

no matter the results Chelsea are always a bad team

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
OP amended to reflect Chelsea's emphatic win and recommencement of their title challenge

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

the sex ghost posted:

Current good teams:
-Spurs
-Villa
-PGMOL

Bad teams:
-Man United
-Chelsea
-Burnley
-Sheffield United
-Chelsea again

hell yeah spurs and their best friends PGMOL

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Newcastle had var calls go against them then we were taken over by a country that chops people up and creates famine in foreign countries and now the var calls go our way? Not a conspiracy imo

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Gonna be funny when spurs win the league without Kane and Stuttgart win the Bundesliga.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

frameset posted:

Gonna be funny when spurs win the league without Kane and Stuttgart win the Bundesliga.

inshallah

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Somebody post this picture I can’t find it behind the paywall.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

King of False Promises posted:

no matter the results Chelsea are always a bad team

:hai:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
You don't need to lose games to be a bad team but they are a bad team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Jippa posted:

Give him an extra game ban for a frivolous appeal.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1708835558175150441

Liverpool were robbed by that offside decision but this was absolutely a red card.

This is all starting to feel like that time Liverpool fans were going to call the police because Virgil was on the wrong end of a heavy tackle.