Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
A friend got me addicted to this, it's loving crack. She's a bad person for it and I'll never forgive her

Oh this isn't for giving away though, kids don't know what's good give them Mike and Ikes or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Haribo Sweet and Sour Twin Snakes

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i love nerd varieties too but mike and ikes are good as hell you dumb rear end. give me yours.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

b_d posted:

i love nerd varieties too but mike and ikes are good as hell you dumb rear end. give me yours.

I got Mike and Ikes if you got Reese's Peanutbutter Cups. Those are the trick-or-treat gold standard by which all else is measured.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I don’t see them around anymore but Crème Savers and the Mike and Ike sour ones called Zours were my top two. These days it’s Reese’s snack cakes

Troutful
May 31, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

I got Mike and Ikes if you got Reese's Peanutbutter Cups. Those are the trick-or-treat gold standard by which all else is measured.

A couple years ago I witnessed a fight between two kids over the last reese's cup so it's definitely those.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

bird food bathtub posted:

works for me, i dont love those. i just dont want peanut butter in my candy.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Alan Smithee posted:

A friend got me addicted to this, it's loving crack. She's a bad person for it and I'll never forgive her

Oh this isn't for giving away though, kids don't know what's good give them Mike and Ikes or some poo poo

These are indeed like crack.

Also, I'm a big fan of anything gusher-adjacent. 7-11 used to have these "gummi fun bugs" that were basically gummi bugs with gusher, uh, juice inside them.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
The dark chocolate Kit Kats that they only seem to sell at Walgreens around Halloween

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

yep, i'm ready for october. oh poo poo, halloween's this month too? gently caress

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

Alan Smithee posted:

Came here to post Nerds Rope, but clusters are a reasonable substitute.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Lisztless posted:

Nerd ropes were/are? awesome.
Nerds story time.

When I was a kid, maybe 8, I was eating a box of nerds on the floor. I dropped a nerd onto the carpet and grabbed what I thought was the nerd and ate it... It was a piece of cat litter and tasted terribly bitter.

Vertical stats GBS verified 6/30/2023 185.4cm

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

nerds rope always seemed like a pain, i think the clusters are the same thing but chopped up
in little balls. not sure havent tried the rope in years if ever. someone let me know

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

This is now a candy exchange thread

I'll give you butterfingers for snickers

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
Necco used to make this candy called Zombie Food that was fun

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

I've got like a hundred milky ways, somebody please take this garbage off my hands

I'll even trade them for smarties

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program

Lisztless posted:

I've got like a hundred milky ways, somebody please take this garbage off my hands

Smarties (uk) or smarties (us)?

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Lisztless posted:

Deal. Any chocolate >>>>>>>> chalk

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
Almost anything sour and gummy, but especially Trolli Sour Brite Crawlers and Sour Patch Kids. SPK had a lemonade flavor this summer that I've been obsessed with.

Lisztless posted:

Nerds Rope good but I swear they fell to shrinkflation and got way shorter.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i love chalk. necco wafers, sweethearts, smarties, actual sidewalk chalk with some cinnamon sugar, etc.

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

Rides Naked posted:

Smarties (uk) or smarties (us)?

I meant US here but now I'm curious about the difference

DarkHorse posted:

Deal. Any chocolate >>>>>>>> chalk

Enjoy the sensation of Cask of Amontiallado'ing your own mouth

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

KariOhki posted:

Nerds Rope good but I swear they fell to shrinkflation and got way shorter.

Yeah they absolutely did.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

rmemeber pixie stix. those things loving sucked. i always ate a whole one and rubbed off the entire roof of my mouth with sugar.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Mike and Ike Original Fruits flavor.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
I'm a candy snob and I won't apologize about it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I like taking the mini Reese's cups and throwing them in the fridge.

I'm also a sicko that loves Raisinetes

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

big deal posted:

rmemeber pixie stix. those things loving sucked. i always ate a whole one and rubbed off the entire roof of my mouth with sugar.

I definitely cannot recommend doing a line of pixie stix like it's blow. Even as a middle schooler I knew it was a stupid idea and did it anyway

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Reeses' Peanut Butter cups.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

good question. the best candy is peanut butter m&ms but there are so many runners up

get slim

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

Lisztless posted:

I meant US here but now I'm curious about the difference

If they’re anything like the Smarties I find in Canada then they’re a lot like chocolate M&Ms only flatter, with different colors, and they come in a box

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

PayDay bar. I think they make them in fun size.

Peanuts and nougat are boss.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

You Are A Elf posted:

PayDay bar. I think they make them in fun size.

Peanuts and nougat are boss.

A handful of candy corn and salted peanuts tastes just like a payday bar.

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

I remember Paydays of my childhood being hard as loving rocks but I had one the other day and it was chewy and pleasant. B+ candy, A+ improvement

Rides Naked
Jun 4, 2006

Program, Whale, Program
The best candy was brach's assorted mallowcremes.

This is a lie, it is actually not very good candy, but I loved it so much.

I'm using this tensing because I haven't seen it for the past few years. For the record not this one:

https://www.brachs.com/products/autumn-mix-mellowcreme-candy

but rather this one, which they seem to have discontinued:

Look at all the shapes we are being denied!

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

There’s also a similar nuts ‘n’ nougat bar that’s equally tasty: Pearson’s Nut Roll. Suggestive poopy name, great knockoff.

I get them at Ace Hardware when I go; two bars for a little over a dollar.

SlinkyMink
Jul 28, 2022

Hotel Kpro posted:

I don’t see them around anymore but Crème Savers and the Mike and Ike sour ones called Zours were my top two. These days it’s Reese’s snack cakes

Zours were the sickest poo poo in existence and we didn't deserve them.

As a kid my mom bought me and my brother a box of Warheads from Costco and we ate the ENTIRE box (must've been like 5 bags of each flavor in the entire box) in like a week. My mouth was literally bleeding by the end and has never been the same to this day. My days of binging sugar flavored battery acid are over, but man I still raid the Sour Patch and lemonheads whenever I can get them.

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

If we're talking lovely peanut candy that we love despite itself, I've gotta shout out this local institution

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

oh my, i forgot about chick o stix. those are also top tier.

get slim

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Lisztless posted:

It's me, the guy who's absolute favorite candy bar is Milky Way. (I don't like nuts so no Snickers).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

there was this candy that I guess grandparents bought at the store for giving to grandkids and it was peanut butter flavored and it was the best. slightly crunchy but softer than butterfinger and small iirc

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!