Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Serious Post: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups objectively taste better when in the shape of a pumpkin or Christmas tree.

My hypothesis is that it is because the shapes result in a higher peanut butter to chocolate ratio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Serious Post: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups objectively taste better when in the shape of a pumpkin or Christmas tree.

this also applies to pumpkin candy

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I am willing to die defending the honour of mallocreme pumpkins and tootsie rolls

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.

Killingyouguy! posted:

I am willing to die defending the honour of mallocreme pumpkins and tootsie rolls

tootsie rolls are good but the fruit flavored ones are better

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Obviously haribo sours and reeses chocolates are their respective top tier candies.

I will also inhale these with no hesitation

Sweetarts are better, but I'm not getting an excessive amount of sweetarts this time of year.

Also pulparindos are great.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
I love Sweet-tarts and Sprees

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Jehde posted:

I will also inhale these with no hesitation

In elementary school the good kids would pretend to be doctors with these and the weird kids would pretend to be drug dealers

Duquoc
Jul 3, 2023

Candy Sticks are the greatest candy ever devised, and no one will ever convince me otherwise.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

My hypothesis is that it is because the shapes result in a higher peanut butter to chocolate ratio.

This is a tested and true hypothesis. Everyone knows this.

I break down candy into two categories. You have the sugary sweets, and then you have the chocolate/rich candies.

Reese's pumpkins are the GOAT and my preferred choice of bussing unnecessary calories into my goon body. The most perfect junk food is not too far off from the OP, but the big chewy nerds.

I will eat these until my teeth hurt.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

If you want infinite snacking, you have to have the three junk food groups: chocolate, sweet/sour candies, and something salty like chips. You can switch between them in any order when you think you're done with one and the effects of one will make the other two seem more appealing. Great if you need to ingest tens of thousands of calories for some reason

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

yes

big deal posted:

i love nerd varieties too but mike and ikes are good as hell you dumb rear end. give me yours.

yes

Deadite posted:

The dark chocolate Kit Kats that they only seem to sell at Walgreens around Halloween

yes

Lisztless posted:

If we're talking lovely peanut candy that we love despite itself, I've gotta shout out this local institution

yes. also these are delicious and not lovely, they fueled our boys during WWI. i'm not in the market region but THANKFULLY they carry them at dollar tree and five below.

Riatsala posted:

This is a Snickers appreciation post. It's not the newest or flashiest candy by any means, but it's a drat good candy bar that I'm always happy to eat. The workhorse of Halloween candy buckets.

yes

Count Thrashula posted:

y'all ever had Cow Tales

those are my favorite

yes

Annath posted:

Haribo is interesting to me because their gummi bears have the best fruit flavor imo, but the gummies themselves are super tough and actually make my jaw hurt chewing them.

yes. i like Albanese better (semi-local/regional brand), they're just as flavorful but not as tough, but they're also usually like 2x-3x the price so i never get them. their chocolate covered nuts and espresso beans etc. are really good too.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Albanese does those orange cream gummy bears and those are really dang good.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The Take 5 is the ideal chocolate and I’m sad they didn’t exist when I was of age for Trick or Treat. Back then, it was Kit Kats and Reeces Peanut Butter Cups.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

speaking of candy that gives you TMJ, does anyone else like these or am i hosed up

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I can't stand orange cream/dreamsicle flavored stuff.

When I was a kid, like 5-6 years old, some kid at the lunch table ate a bunch of dreamsicle ice cream and proceeded to vomit everywhere. Which then caused all the other kids, myself included, to get sick.

Now I associate the scent orange cream with that memory :saddowns:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

tmfc posted:

speaking of candy that gives you TMJ, does anyone else like these or am i hosed up

Yep, but you can’t chew them. Just let them dissolve over time.

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags
traditional halloween fare: mary janes

for chocolate: andes mints. dark chocolate+ orange. lindt makes a decent one called intense orange

the greatest is this though:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Pineapple lumps are god tier, cherry drops are a close second.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

nice obelisk idiot posted:

Who hurt you?

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

nice obelisk idiot posted:

traditional halloween fare: mary janes

for chocolate: andes mints. dark chocolate+ orange. lindt makes a decent one called intense orange

this looks like a bag of feces

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

old people candy that you are annoyed to receive until you eat it and remember that it's actually really good

(assuming those dark ones are licorice flavored. if they're grape then ignore the X's.)

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

christmas m&m's are better than normal ones.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

The Easter m&ms come in ~aesthetic~ pastels

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

these look exactly like (american) smarties.

oh speaking of chalk candy: pez kicks rear end too. last time i tried it i was almost able to load in the whole column at once. always gently caress up the top one though.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Killingyouguy! posted:

If you want infinite snacking, you have to have the three junk food groups: chocolate, sweet/sour candies, and something salty like chips. You can switch between them in any order when you think you're done with one and the effects of one will make the other two seem more appealing. Great if you need to ingest tens of thousands of calories for some reason

i would add chalky candies and marshmallow based candies as additional categories to be combined with sweet, sour, and chocolate

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

"thats what i love about junior mints, man"

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

big deal posted:

toh speaking of chalk candy: pez kicks rear end too. last time i tried it i was almost able to load in the whole column at once. always gently caress up the top one though.

Pez owns, especially if you're in the mood for a "I need a sugar injection stat" kind of candy. The Pez factory is cool af too. It's impossible to get that last Pez in without feeling like the thing is going to explode in your hand like a grenade

My better half does not like sugary candies (incomprehensible to me) but has a singleminded devotion to these, which I remember getting at Halloween as a kid:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

tmfc posted:

old people candy that you are annoyed to receive until you eat it and remember that it's actually really good

Root beer barrels are awesome right up until they dissolve one of the air bubbles inside them in just the wrong way and turn in to a sugar-based razor in your mouth, taking off a chunk of your tongue. Then they taste like blood and anger and I don't like them anymore for the rest of my life.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

These are goated. I used to get these as a prize at the dentist.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
My brain is short circuiting at the question, and brought up Ring Pops, so I suppose that will have to do. Really, any candy that purports itself to be fruit flavored in some way.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Carmel apple Milky Ways

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Hershey's Cookies & Cream bars are my absolute favorite, but Halloween season makes me crave and devour mellowcreme pumpkins. They're cute AND tasty :3:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Killingyouguy! posted:

The Easter m&ms come in ~aesthetic~ pastels

it makes them taste better

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The white chocolate mice with the red filling that I can't get anymore

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

Anonymous Robot posted:

These are goated. I used to get these as a prize at the dentist.

I can’t tell if this is a sign of a terrible dentist or an excellent one

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
where do you even get the strawberries

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

tmfc posted:

it makes them taste better

yeah thats the point. follow context much.

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
re bonbons most candy stores sell em or you can get them in massive quantities on amazon

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
kitkat came out with dark chocolate raspberry sometime in the past several years here in the US but it is a poor imitation of the incredible japanese raspberry kitkats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Circle Nine posted:

re bonbons most candy stores sell em or you can get them in massive quantities on amazon

I don't think I've ever even seen a candy store and I have enough self control not to buy bulk candy on amazon, but that just leaves me fiending forever for bonbons