Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Elephant Ambush posted:

Imagine caring about ratios

Just give me a fuckton of sugar in basically any form

I will have you know it changes the entire flavour profile, and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i like the dark chocolate milky ways. and i was always partial to 3 musketeers though i havent had one in a while. what do they even put in those things. some kind of paste

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
gime da carmel choclate

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

I love candy corn. Send me all of your uneaten bags

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Inspired by this thread I just made a Halloween trail mix of candy corn, peanuts, and pretzels. I should mix in some Reese's Pieces too.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Alan Smithee posted:

wait are even the english cadbury bad now
I'm not english but yes the european cadburys is the same as the lovely gross american now.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I bought one of those 30 flavor Jelly Belly bags the other day. Red apple is the clear winner for flavors. Orange sherbet and raspberry were contenders, then a few others but buttered popcorn solidly on the bottom

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I love the vanilla bean and root beer. Orange sherbert is definitely up there.

----------------

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Pragmatica posted:

i think reese's pumpkin shaped peanut butter cups have the best chocolate:peanut butter ratio, so i stock up this time of year

yup. any of the holiday ones are better than the regular cups imo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

always been a peanut butter cup guy, to the point where I usually get a small bag for myself in addition to the handout stuff. classic comfort candy imo

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
the best chocolate: any chocolate covered fruit but raisins, cherries, blueberries, orange peel, I'll consider ginger a fruit for the purposes of this argument. twix. reeses.

the best non-chocolate: kasugai gummies (the yuzu and muscat ones are best), strawberry bonbons (the grandma candy). they're not actually a candy I guess but I also like trader joe's chai mints.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

used to get one of these for christmas and live off it for weeks

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

In Canada at least they're now just called Terry's Orange bc they can't legally be called chocolate any more

Still give everyone a chocolate orange for Christmas though

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

they aren't legally... chocolate?? the hell?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Is it cut with wood pulp

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

There have been times in my life where I've been so desperate for anything sweet that I'll eat the candy I usually hate and actually enjoy it.

I have learned the real truth: the best candy is the candy that you have in your hand when you are craving sweet things.

The worst candy is your favorite candy when you're already full and you eat it anyway because it's your favorite and don't even enjoy it and maybe even get sick. I have no reason for stating this.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

no sorry. the best candy is the good poo poo i like and the worst candy is those lil fourth of july poppers.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

big deal posted:

they aren't legally... chocolate?? the hell?

You've never seen "chocolatey flavoured confection" at the dollar store around Easter?

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i never thought it was hard to get things called chocolate. i thought there were mad fake chocolate things with chocolate in the name actually. never noticed that no

JustCallMeDC
Aug 12, 2023

Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Obey the Lamb
Crunch bars

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Canada can be weirdly particular with food laws. For a long time mountain dew wasn't allowed to have caffeine here because it's a soda that isn't dark in colour.

But toys in kinder eggs are still cool :shrug:

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I miss consequence free mtn dew

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

big deal posted:

I end up buying a dozen if these each Xmas. I don’t know how you’d make a single orange last for weeks.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Tootsie pops aren’t my faves but drat they elevate the worthless tootsie roll

----------------

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Nemo2342 posted:

I end up buying a dozen if these each Xmas. I don’t know how you’d make a single orange last for weeks.

i didnt really. i think they lasted multiple days though

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo

big deal posted:

before the orange they tried the Terrys Chocolate Apple, didn’t catch on

----------------

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I could have sworn it was a chocolate raspberry. Turns out they do exist but aren’t made by Terry’s

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

big deal posted:

i didnt really. i think they lasted multiple days though

Yeah that makes more sense. I can stretch one out over a couple days, but I don’t think I could make one last over a week unless I had some other candy to distract me.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Crystal Thenis posted:

before the orange they tried the Terrys Chocolate Apple, didn’t catch on

Why it a testicle with toes

mystes
May 31, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Why it a testicle with toes
it's a renaissance era rendering of an octopus based on travelers' stories

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

big deal posted:

Reminds me of the one time when I was a teenager when I got a giant Hershey's Kiss (might've been directly from the park/factory? Can't remember.) and it lasted the whole rest of the summer. If you're the sort of person who would otherwise keep snacking on candy on a semi-regular basis, the sheer overwhelming nature of it was a surprisingly good way to convince you to cut it out with the chocolate for a few weeks afterwards.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Killingyouguy! posted:

I miss consequence free mtn dew

There is no such thing as a dew without consequences.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sweettarts

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
Man sometimes i just get high and go through the Leper's Colony reading the bans. These things have me dying laughing.

edit: aw gently caress wrong thread

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Phat Phingers posted:

Man sometimes i just get high and go through the Leper's Colony reading the bans. These things have me dying laughing.

edit: aw gently caress wrong thread

Name a candy bitch

Or a bandy that made you laugh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
didn't read any of the threat but violet crumble

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Al! posted:

didn't read any of the threat but violet crumble

here's a threat

read it or else

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I always keep jelly beans or a couple bags of Haribo for migraines but outside of that?

I’m an equal opportunity candy devourer, just give me the candy!

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Gonna put my posts where my mouth is and review some haribo sours.

Twin Snakes: I only had these in a starmix but they are amazing. They very much embody the fun of gummy worms but with better flavours.

Tangfastics: These are alright, there's a wide variety of sour coated gummies that are generally good, but the shapes also lend to them being chewier than they should be.

Rainbow Strips - Z!NG: Stay away from these if you are a fan of sour gummies. These are way too conveniently delicious when you strip away each flavour. These are bad for people, stay away from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

wait were snakes sour? I just remember them gummy and honestly a bit tough for my taste. I like the cherry gum gums though

dont thing ive heard of tangfastics