Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I really like Hi-Chews these days. Good flavors, very chewy, good all-rounder.

Oh and since someone mentioned toasting marshmallows, the best way is to just barely roast it (without burning it or browning it too much) so the outer layer forms a kind of tasty crust while the inside is nice and gooey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
does violet crumble actually taste like violet? I got a box of spanish violet hard candies once that was really nice.

Whirling posted:

Oh and since someone mentioned toasting marshmallows, the best way is to just barely roast it (without burning it or browning it too much) so the outer layer forms a kind of tasty crust while the inside is nice and gooey.

wrong, set it on fire immediately and then you have the bitter burnt part that balances out the sweet interior and it doesn't turn to mush as you're trying to eat it

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

there are a variety of viable marshmallow roasting techniques for various tastes, and everybody knows this, you stupid babies. just eat your candy and enjoy it!!!!!

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I eat my marshmallow raw :evilbuddy:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Leraika posted:

wrong, set it on fire immediately and then you have the bitter burnt part that balances out the sweet interior and it doesn't turn to mush as you're trying to eat it

I’m sure I’ll get some cancer or another from a lifetime’s consumption of marshmallow char.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

itry posted:

I eat my marshmallow raw :evilbuddy:

Me too :hfive:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i like peeps. i never tried microwaving one........

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

big deal posted:

i like peeps. i never tried microwaving one........

of course you didn't you microwave two facing each other with toothpicks in each so that they can joust

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Toasting peeps with a culinary torch is really nice. The sugar caramelizes and crisps up, and the bit of bitterness balances the cloying mallow.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Another one I forgot but not sure if I count it since it’s more of a treat that I get at a chocolate shop is something called seafoam. It’s actually just Violet Crumble that they make locally and it’s so good. If you have a Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory near you swing by and get some. Also get their peanut butter buckets. It’s like a king size Reese’s but bigger, although smaller than the half pound Reese’s that they make

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
did anyone get any for prime day?

I just saw a couple buxx off my nerd clusters but was hoping for a deal on the 2 pounder

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
I got the nerd clusters at 7-11 yesterday. Did not bust them open yet so can’t comment on how delicious they are

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I opened a bag of haribo sour kicks z!ng yesterday. The shapes aren't that fun but they have a good sour wine gum flavour to them. Good way to get that more vinegary sour instead of the typical sour sugar coated gummies.

I made the mistake of telling a haribo fan that I have a weakness for sour candies, so they gifted me a bunch of different haribo sours.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Jehde posted:

I made the mistake of telling a haribo fan that I have a weakness for sour candies, so they gifted me a bunch of different haribo sours.

Sounds like a roaring success to me.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Jehde posted:

I opened a bag of haribo sour kicks z!ng yesterday. The shapes aren't that fun but they have a good sour wine gum flavour to them. Good way to get that more vinegary sour instead of the typical sour sugar coated gummies.

if you don't want 'em I'll take them off your hands

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
These are terrible, chocolate flavored squares of hydrogenated oil, but when I was a kid I thought they were the coolest thing.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Buttchocks posted:

These are terrible, chocolate flavored squares of hydrogenated oil, but when I was a kid I thought they were the coolest thing.

Where’s the ring

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Jehde posted:

not sure im familiar with the vinegary one you mean. i'll check em out.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Buttchocks posted:

I thought these were incredible. I’d like to try one again even though I’m sure they’re horrible.

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
Let us not forget the humble Mr. Goodbar

I feel like they used to look a bit different? Still salivated slightly looking at em

loopsheloop fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Oct 14, 2023

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Twix bars(they used to be Raiders, when did they rename them?) and the sour Haribo gold bears they started making a while back.

Jehde posted:

You admitted to having good taste and you were rewarded for it. Where's the mistake?

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Sugar cubes. Just skip all the extra steps.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Lately I've been absolutely wrecking the Missing Body Parts by Vidal Candies.

I think the bones are the best ones, but the eyeballs are a close second. Vidal is the best gummy candy maker in the world imo.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

CubicalSucrose posted:

Sugar cubes. Just skip all the extra steps.

i respect the brand commitment. and i'm just going to imagine that the other 3000+ of your posts are all extolling sugar or sugar cubes. nobody tell me otherwise.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

I’ve got rolos in the freezer atm from my last Publix run

It’s really hard to beat a frozen rolo

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

most chocolate stuff is good chilled to me. especially with filling. raspberry filling

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Years back they had come out with these White Chocolate Candy Corn M&Ms. I imagine most people stayed away from them because of the flavor profile, but they were INCREDIBLE.

They tasted more like Buttercream than candy corn, we'd go through bags and bags of them, but they sadly no longer make them.

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Some people were asking about UK/Canadian Smarties:

Yeah they're basically M&M's. I prefer dark chocolate M&M's but some people like my mom prefer Smarties.

I guess I'm officially a Visual Novel author now:
https://smik.itch.io/a-house-in-hellworld

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

je suis en papier

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Kenning posted:

Lately I've been absolutely wrecking the Missing Body Parts by Vidal Candies.

I think the bones are the best ones, but the eyeballs are a close second. Vidal is the best gummy candy maker in the world imo.

where to find :thunk:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

I ended up picking up the brownie m&ms to try and they're pretty nice. I'm not a huge m&m person but they're up there with the originals and the peanut butter ones.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Alan Smithee posted:

wait were snakes sour? I just remember them gummy and honestly a bit tough for my taste. I like the cherry gum gums though

I think that’s the gimmick. They’re twin snakes. Half are sour, half aren’t.

It’s been a minute I could be wrong but that’s what I remember.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

the ones i got were just gummy

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Think a lot of people, especially in north america, associate sour gummies with the sour sugar coating so many of them have. Try a sour wine gum sometime.

The problem with those sour sugar coated gummies is they're far too addictive and I inevitably end up with a canker sore from eating too many of them. I've eaten far too many bags of cherry blasters and fuzzy peaches in my life

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Alan Smithee posted:

where to find :thunk:

https://www.candywarehouse.com/products/vidal-missing-body-part-gummies-2kg-bag <-- Best vendor for cool candy
https://www.amazon.com/Gummi-Missing-Parts-4-4lb-Candies/dp/B01M0U83YL
https://blaircandy.com/gummi-missing-body-parts-halloween.html
https://grandpajoescandyshop.com/product/bulk-candy-vidal-missing-body-parts-gummi-candy/?v=7516fd43adaa
https://allcitycandy.com/products/vidal-missing-body-part-gummies-4-4-lb-bulk-bag

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Leraika posted:

I ended up picking up the brownie m&ms to try and they're pretty nice. I'm not a huge m&m person but they're up there with the originals and the peanut butter ones.

The caramel cold brew M&M’s they have right now are really nice.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Anonymous Robot posted:

The caramel cold brew M&M’s they have right now are really nice.

I'm not a huge fan of caramel or coffee so those are a thank you I'll pass from me.

The peanut butter ones are still the best, but brownie ain't bad.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

These are my favourite and I can't loving get them here.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

where would that be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

this poo poo better be good cuz I bought a 2 lb sack