Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Fajita Queen posted:

This looks really fun. Does it have any kind of multiplayer because it is absolutely the type of game I'd want to coop with a buddy or two

It does have co-op, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

You can dig them up near dead oaks sometimes. Other than that, patience - once your oak is grown it'll keep making new ones forever, and obviously you can cultivate more.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Talorat posted:

Ohhhhh this must be my problem. What does the pangolin do anyways?

If you give it treats it will go and find minerals for you.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Every warp gate needs an acorn to activate, and Naia needs seventy of them for her stuff later on. It's definitely a good idea to plant a few oak trees - once they're full grown you'll be swimming in them.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Climbing drains your food faster, so if you're going to be doign a lot of it make sure you're well-stocked. And use Naia's flower, for your own sanity if nothing else.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Saxophone posted:

Does the flower just make you run faster? Is there a benefit I’m not seeing? It leaves a giant trail of shiny flowers in its’ wake and that’s fine for running around, but in my gardens it clutters up an already pretty cluttered area.

The big flowers increase your run speed while you're near them even when you've stopped laying them, and they last a good while. I find them very useful as route markers too.
The other two powers build roots to let you cross small gaps and vines to increase your speed climbing a surface. Those don't last at long since they're just for getting over whatever obstacle is in your way right now.
These powers all technically use mana (the purple diamond in your health display, not the essence your plants give you) but not fast enough to be a noticeable limit if you don't have any other powers yet.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Basic mistberries are all over the salt flats, yeah. Dig around near dead ones and you'll get plenty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

The annoying bit I'm up to now is that I have to find the four Arx altars with no more guidance than 'somewhere in the Mountains' etc.

They have icons on your map as long as you've been near them at any point.