Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

use this thread to post the WORST things you can get while you're out trick-or-treating on Halloween.

as a childless grown man, I have not gone trick-or-treating in over 15 years. however, I still have very strong opinions on this subject (I am morbidly obese). with that, here are my picks for Worst Things to Get While Trick-or-Treating

these are disgusting and taste like they were manufactured in 1847 like the wrapper says.

if you give out fruit on Halloween, then gently caress YOU. at least dip it caramel first, you monster.

has anyone actually ever enjoyed eating one of these? same with candy corn tbh. not a fan. people who give these out are great targets for egging and TP'ing.

really? you can't even buy a single Tootsie Roll (an epic, God-tier Halloween treat) with this much change. this is honestly more of an inconvenience than not getting anything at all. TIP: use a slingshot to shoot the change back at the people who gave it to you, or their windows.

let's face it - getting this while you're out trick-or-treating is a very quick way to ruin your Halloween, and possibly the rest of your waking life. definitely try to avoid getting this.

if you give out toothpaste / floss / toothbrushes / etc. you are the worst kind of person in the world, the lowest of the low. absolute scum, even hardened criminals in prison have more dignity than this, and if they found out you did this poo poo, they'd apply "prison justice" and rightfully end your life. there is a special place in hell reserved for people like you.

i already mentioned fresh fruit but i'm listing raisins separately because they're in a whole other category of bullshit. you deserve to be hanged if you give out raisins. you know what's loving bullshit? expecting a nice Snickers or Reese's, or even something fruity like Starburst or Skittles, but instead getting a box of withered, flavorless grapes. they couldn't have even sprung for golden raisins.

post your WORST Things to Get While Trick-or-Treating below

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
Anything with anise in it.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

I like necco wafers, they make me think of my grandma.

The real answer is circus peanuts and wax lips, those things suck. I'd rather eat dog food.

Vertical stats GBS verified 6/30/2023 185.4cm

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

good call, i don't even consider circus peanuts or wax lips food, they're toys

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

As a kid I once got a packet of instant oatmeal in my trick or treat bag

e: was collecting coins for UNICEF as you trick or treated not a thing in your area?

Killingyouguy! fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Oct 2, 2023

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i grew up in a pretty poor area so no lol

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Lol they cut out the middleman

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I used to like change because I could go to Ayottes and buy penny candy. Thanks old French grandmas. What I hated was a twisted-up Saran Wrap with a couple of ribbon candies.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

quote:

WORST Things to Get While Trick-or-Treating

Run over by a car

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

tmfc posted:

a single Tootsie Roll (an epic, God-tier Halloween treat)

When I was a kid nobody I knew liked Tootsie Rolls except me. I cleaned up with trades. Yeah take my bullshit fun size bag of m&m's that will be 10 tootsie rolls, dipstick

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

please vote 5 even if you didn't like this thread. i put a lot of work into the graphics.

EDIT - thank you :coolslime: :coolslime:

tmfc fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Oct 2, 2023

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Those awful molasses taffy candies which came in black & orange wrappers and were always rock-hard. You never see them outside of halloween, and I remember them chiefly because they were untradeable between my brother and I which meant they were ammunition.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
covid

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Punkinhead posted:

When I was a kid nobody I knew liked Tootsie Rolls except me. I cleaned up with trades. Yeah take my bullshit fun size bag of m&m's that will be 10 tootsie rolls, dipstick

they're so good. haters carry on.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
When I was a kid trick or treating, this fat, goony looking guy stepped out onto his porch and looked around all conspiratorial like, whispering "use these wisely" when he gave us boxes of raisins. It was pretty funny, I couldn't even be mad.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

That weird shiny ribbon candy that’s always in a solid clump in an old-fashioned candy dish at grandma’s house.

Pretty sure that candy’s been sitting in that dish since 1971 and never deteriorates. Dust it off, ice pick it, and hand it out to unsuspecting trick-or-treaters.

Crystal Lake Witch
Apr 25, 2010

There was one house in my neighborhood that always handed out lovely little two packs of popeye candy cigarettes, but they’d always have three or four full size Coffee Crisp they’d give out to the best costumes, and I’m definitely not still mad to have never gotten one.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
An eviction notice wrapped around a box of DOTS

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

tmfc posted:

Worst Things to Get While Trick-or-Treating
AIDS

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Murdered

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
But for real it's these

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Splicer posted:

But for real it's these

made from tart and tangy parmesan cheese

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Toothbrushes n bible tracts

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
I was trick or treating when I was like 10 and one guy said trick. I had no tricks so I improvised by kicking him in the nuts. He tried to kick me back and I ran away.

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
Mini bibiles

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
it's these

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Bazooka gum was the worst thing I would regularly get, I think. The gum itself was unchewable and the comics were either stupid or inscrutable. I always wondered how that kid lost his eye though.

Edit: okay this one's pretty good

B

Hardcordion fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 3, 2023

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Hardcordion posted:

Bazooka gum was the worst thing I would regularly get, I think. The gum itself was unchewable and the comics were either stupid or inscrutable. I always wondered how that kid lost his eye though.

Throughout my whole Little League career I think there were about 5 different comics in 5000 pieces of gum.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
sorry that your parents didn't love you enough to get you big league chew

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Aero737
Apr 30, 2006
Did anyone else get those folded up comics in a plastic bag?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The worst was getting whole dollar bills. It put the idea in my head that those are a thing I could get. And it made me upset no one else was just handing me cash. Why couldn't adults understand? You give me cash for walking around, and I go buy the candy I actually want! :argh:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Splicer posted:

But for real it's these

i like these

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Hardcordion posted:

Edit: okay this one's pretty good

B

He’s cheating on her right in front of her. You’re the worst, Bazooka Joe

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Circle Nine
Mar 1, 2009

But that’s how it is when you start wanting to have things. Now, I just look at them, and when I go away I carry them in my head. Then my hands are always free, because I don’t have to carry a suitcase.
we got a lot of the big popcorn balls where i grew up and i always really liked them, please be nice to them :(

mary janes were also unfortunately very common

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
herpes

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
chick tracts

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Circle Nine posted:

we got a lot of the big popcorn balls where i grew up and i always really liked them, please be nice to them :(

mary janes were also unfortunately very common

I came here to post about Bit o Honey, i think they're close enough to mary janes they can be considered some kind of category of candy. Tootsie-roll-adjacent?

In general as nasty as necco wafers are, at least they're edible. All these weird rear end caramel-toosie roll-adjacent things are tooth cracking hard.

I loving loathe candy corn but it's at least good candy trading currency.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

you know it's gonna be bad when it was first released in the 1920s

we just hadn't invented 'good flavours' yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

boo