Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
the DT's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Anything from Reese's: Cups, Pieces, Bars.

All bad. Worse than candy corn. Or Good n Plenty.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
i fuckin hate milk duds

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

aniviron posted:

Those awful molasses taffy candies which came in black & orange wrappers and were always rock-hard. You never see them outside of halloween, and I remember them chiefly because they were untradeable between my brother and I which meant they were ammunition.

molasses or peanut butter or whatevef the gently caress that was supposed to be/turned into after your kids didn't eat it and you regifted it next Halloween? Yeah that poo poo sucks more than circus peanuts

OMGVBFLOL posted:

if you have the money and the patience, you can Hello Kitty anything

Thank you deep dish peat moss!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

prayer group posted:

i fuckin hate milk duds

:getout:

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

also whatever the hell are Bit o Honey?

OMGVBFLOL posted:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

H110Hawk posted:

this is insane to me but to each their own. that's what's great about candy, there are so many options.

good n plenty are also good, same with mike n ike's and the cinnamon flavored ones w/e they're called. I used to pretend I was eating the pills from Dr Mario. now Im addicted to weed.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I love like 5 red hots a year.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
Big handful of sand

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Colonel J posted:

Anything with anise in it.

late to reply but solidly agreed on this

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Good n plentys are loving weird. Its been decades since I had them, but what the gently caress was that crap

also getting abducted was just the worst, ugh

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

id tell you to shut your fuckin mouth if i didnt know for a fact that your teeth are already welded shut with those sticky rear end milk duds

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

milk duds in the popcorn at the movies is a pro fat guy move, but only once in a while, and beyond that they are trash

a standard Hershey's bar, and most variants honestly, are absolute trash as well

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Very thankful that molestation/abduction is on the list :tipshat:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

prayer group posted:

id tell you to shut your fuckin mouth if i didnt know for a fact that your teeth are already welded shut with those sticky rear end milk duds

I don't totally hate milk duds but it is undeniable that the center is like a heat activated glue. I almost ripped a filling out with one.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Mein Kampf.

Hodgkins lymphoma.

The 10 plagues of Egypt.

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

H110Hawk posted:

You are a broken person

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

an old lady who lived on our block and had many dogs would give out school cafeteria sized cartons of milk. not even chocolate milk and it wasnt even refrigerated.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

halitosis

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
balloon full of radon

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I went to one house where they gave out a single lemonhead

One lemonhead

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Brawnfire posted:

I went to one house where they gave out a single lemonhead

One lemonhead

when i was your age, if we heard there was a house giving away a whole lemonhead, there would have been a line around the block!

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Sherbert Hoover posted:

when i was your age, if we heard there was a house giving away a whole lemonhead, there would have been a line around the block!

True, when I was a bit younger it was customary to powder the lemonhead and blow it into the faces of trick-or-treaters. I should be grateful.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

No

Mary Janes are actually the best. They're only bad when they're like a year old and rock hard. Fresh chewy ones are the absolute greatest

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Sherbert Hoover posted:

What houses were giving our half a lemonhead?

And we're they wet?

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Ravus Ursus posted:

What houses were giving our half a lemonhead?

And we're they wet?

half a lemonhead? ha! maybe if your parents could afford the gas to drop you off at a rich neighborhood

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Elephant Ambush posted:

No

Mary Janes are actually the best. They're only bad when they're like a year old and rock hard. Fresh chewy ones are the absolute greatest

I thought mary janes were the crunchy ones like the middle of a butterfinger. whatever those are, they're good. these taffy monstrosities are not those.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Sherbert Hoover posted:

half a lemonhead? ha! maybe if your parents could afford the gas to drop you off at a rich neighborhood
Neighbourhood? We went trick or treating in the woods and if we all got an acorn and not murdered we counted ourselves among the blessed.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I thought mary janes were the crunchy ones like the middle of a butterfinger. whatever those are, they're good. these taffy monstrosities are not those.

Mary Janes are the squishy fake peanut butter taffy that gets stuck in your teeth

----------------

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
a trick.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
My uncle always said that he got a cat while he was trick or treating. I guess someone put a cat in his bag? I have no idea if this is true or not but I guess that would be bad if you were allergic to cats.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Elephant Ambush posted:

No

They’re never fresh tho, they always taste like they’ve been in a cupboard for 4 years.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

the yeti posted:

They’re never fresh tho, they always taste like they’ve been in a cupboard for 4 years.

Maybe it depends on where you live. I can get fresh (ish) ones near me

----------------

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008
Whoppers. They're chocolate, so you'd think they'd be going towards the top end of the candy quality spectrum, but you'd be dead wrong.

Reason is, butyric acid. If you've ever had super cheap chocolate that tasted like puke smells, that's because of butyric acid. All Hershey products contain it, but for some reason, it seems like Whoppers got extra, for some reason

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Mooktastical posted:

Whoppers. They're chocolate, so you'd think they'd be going towards the top end of the candy quality spectrum, but you'd be dead wrong.

Reason is, butyric acid. If you've ever had super cheap chocolate that tasted like puke smells, that's because of butyric acid. All Hershey products contain it, but for some reason, it seems like Whoppers got extra, for some reason

you're tasting the malt powder

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

H110Hawk posted:

Yo what the gently caress those are the best ones wow

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

an old lady who lived on our block and had many dogs would give out school cafeteria sized cartons of milk. not even chocolate milk and it wasnt even refrigerated.

this was just a schizophrenic person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
open or tampered with candy wrappers!