Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Thank you thread for helping me complete my "we're moving anyway" Halloween shopping list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

A house where a lady sprays some canned whipped cream in your open mouth

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

Syphilis. Or Dots. gently caress dots candy.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

The worst thing would be like deeds to a house that burned down, or Tetanus or something

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Randy Travesty posted:

Syphilis. Or Dots. gently caress dots candy.

I feel like tetanus or syphilis are both pretty treatable so I guess the edgy modern answer is Covid or SARS or something hmmmm

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Oct 15, 2023

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

The worst thing to get would be LSD but like your friends are daring you and because its halloween the trip u have is stressed and scary and also at some point you wake up without pants in your backyard and all the photos on your phone are of people's shoes

Too much is always not enough!

(Thanks to tvsveryown for the spring sig!)

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

Doing whippits with the neighbor lady is cool as hell.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Kids stare up gleefully, with their bags open in anticipation. The kindly old lady simply forgot to buy candy though. What would she give them? Ah, she knows. One at the time, she plops a slice of Detroit style Digorno pizza she baked last week, the last of her food until the next social security direct deposit hits.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Brawnfire posted:

This is the “WORST things to get” thread, not the BEST things to get thread. Heck yeah, a little sugary creamy treat to keep your energy up because you’ve got eight more streets to cover and it’s only 730. It’s like those little cups of water people hand out along race routes if you think about it, a necessary and appreciated service.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pennies. Tf am I gonna do with pennies

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Pennies. Tf am I gonna do with pennies

Back in ‘87 I’d turn those 13 pennies into 8 gum cigarettes with the powder smoke and 5 root beer barrels.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Okay how about someone who sneaks up and squirts whipped cream in your rear end

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

vyelkin posted:

alternative bad was apples but that's mostly because my town was obsessed with the idea that some evil person would put razor blades in apples so if a stranger gave you an apple you had to just throw it straight in the garbage in case they were trying to kill you in a really dumb roundabout way

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Definitely have memories of our moms forcing us to dump out the candy and wait for them to inspect for aids needles and rusty razors.

Halloween night trick or treating as a kid is supposed to be a few of the most fun hours of the year.

Then mom turns it into a few of the most excruciating hours of the year, because you are walking around with a bag full of candy, but she won't let you eat any of it until you get home and she inspects it in better light.

Candy is one of those treats you usually only get on special occasions, and here you are with a sack nearly overflowing with it, but if you get caught trying to sneak a piece you're going straight home right away, no argument or you're going home too!

Then she throws away like half of it including most of the best stuff right in front of you because she "just doesn't trust it". No, she isn't going to replace it, she's not made of money you know!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Brawnfire posted:

good times lol

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Brawnfire posted:

Is it the same lady, is it the same can, and if yes to both then which happens first

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Randy Travesty posted:

Dots. gently caress dots candy.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Dots used to be one of my only go to candies at the theater. I usually just get popcorn and a soda but if I wanted to splurge, it'd be Dots.

:colbert:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Dots used to be one of my only go to candies at the theater. I usually just get popcorn and a soda but if I wanted to splurge, it'd be Dots.

:colbert:

The flavour combo of dots and movie popcorn is divine

----------------

A Haunted Pug
Aug 10, 2007

poison.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Half a razor blade in an apple

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

There was a house near me as a kid that used to give out an entire razor blade per apple slice. We made sure to hit up that house a few times every year.

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

In my defense:

They're garbage OP I'm sorry, there are better forms of gumdrops, including the superior spice drops, and the famous "not Dots brand" jelly drops, please try them. They are good and don't wrap around your dental work like horrible facehuggers.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
canned whole chicken

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The wrong ammunition

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Fleetwood posted:

canned whole chicken

Brawnfire posted:

The wrong ammunition

Canned whole chicken: The wrong ammunition
Ya wanna pack somethin' with more nutrition

I guess I'm officially a Visual Novel author now:
https://smik.itch.io/a-house-in-hellworld

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc2MqAelmBQ

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Fleetwood posted:

canned whole children

is what my brain read

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Randy Travesty posted:

In my defense:

They're garbage OP I'm sorry, there are better forms of gumdrops, including the superior spice drops, and the famous "not Dots brand" jelly drops, please try them. They are good and don't wrap around your dental work like horrible facehuggers.

there is space in my heart for all three of these things.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

because my heart is enlarged (obese)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Fleetwood posted:

canned whole chicken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVza_AnhQ3E

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
https://twitter.com/BonerWizard/status/1714759224444768288?t=e8Omrs-sOyTXI4EJ31SLSQ&s=31

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I'm going to go with any hard candies; sure they taste good but get too many and suddenly the roof of your mouth is an open sore.

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Dead Sex-Parrot posted:

I'm going to go with any hard candies; sure they taste good but get too many and suddenly the roof of your mouth is an open sore.

What if I'm already bleeding at the gums from eating an entire "share" pack of sour patch kids by myself, what then?

----------------

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

need a verdict here:

when i was a kid my dad used to have vending machines in a bunch of local stores and on halloween hed set up a trading card machine and a bucket of quarters for kids to use to get baseball cards and stuff

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

That sounds awesome. I'm sure everyone followed the one quarter per kid rule, or was there someone babysitting the quarter bucket (quarter bucket sounds like those big cups they have by coin-payout slot machines so that's what I'm imagining the quarters are in)?

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

Fellatio del Toro posted:

need a verdict here:

when i was a kid my dad used to have vending machines in a bunch of local stores and on halloween hed set up a trading card machine and a bucket of quarters for kids to use to get baseball cards and stuff

Speaking of cards, the worst thing to get would be that brittle stick of something that splinters into sharp fragments which they claim is 'gum'. No cards, just handfuls of the 'gum'.

I guess I'm officially a Visual Novel author now:
https://smik.itch.io/a-house-in-hellworld

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Speaking of gum and halloween, this one might not be the worst but it sucks: Dubble Bubble. A while back we bought a big melange of candy to give out and nobody took any of it. Must have had a hundred pieces left over. We tried chewing some of it but it sucks, and three months later it was all rock hard too. Only real use we got out of it was as cat toys, something small and throwable for her to chase and rip up.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Lemonheads.

Not the candy, the band. I can't get Evan Dando to leave my apartment.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Worst thing to get while trick or treating?

Killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Not my problem.