Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I took the PC to the shop and the issue ended up being what I kinda expected it to be - the boot SSD had kicked the bucket. So, that got replaced and now we're up and running again. I'm not 100% sure what the status of my Outer Worlds saves is right now (they may or may not be stored in Microsoft's cloud), but I'll check that soon enough.

Even before this busted SSD situation, I was considering getting a completely new PC with obscene specs, so I did that and my new system should be delivered this week. :pcgaming: I'll continue recording the LP on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I have indeed lost my save files, as apparently they're not automatically backed to the Microsoft cloud for whatever reason. I guess I'm playing the first couple of hours again, then...

edit: Looks like the ship's shadow never renders quite right, although this is still a big improvement from what we had before. This is with every setting on ultra as well (not that you can tell from the resized, heavily compressed screenshot).

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 3, 2023

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Oh geez :( sympathies.