Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I saw one of the carriages fall off the zipper, it was disturbing. The crazy chickens and goats with massive testicles are cool thou

drat. How bad were people hurt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

I saw this tent for gutter guards. They are great, like this grill that goes over your gutter so people can't put stuff like pieces of lead pipe or nuts. They were willing to take down my information and contact me later. I'm excited!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
real ones know

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Buce posted:

what’s the prize for eating the most corndogs without chewing?

A pass to the gloryhole.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Brrrmph posted:

I’m cheering for the Mercury Topaz wagon over the Chevy Celebrity sedan in the demo derby.

It hasn’t been the same since they ran out of Chrysler Imperials.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Welcome to my hometown fair. The York county fair in York, Pennsylvania. A place which is exactly like what you're imagining when you think of Pennsylvania. The fair is a pretty big deal. It lays claim to the title of "Oldest fair in the country". You'll see all your standard county fair attractions just on a slightly larger scale. It features at least one washed up pop or rock act every year. Also, a carnie got caught loving a sheep there about 30 years ago. Shirts were sold celebrating the deed.

Even when I was a kid I didn't trust the rides. The night after I took these photos something failed on one of the ferris wheel carriages. A man was ejected and fell far enough to gently caress him up good. A lady was left clinging to the thing as it dangled by thread. I don't remember if shirts were sold to commemorate the event.

Other attractions include...

This ride which will definitely make a pit stop in hell at some time during it's duration. Will your child's soul be one of those left behind? Put the brat on there and see! Operated by none other than Clarence Boddicker's chromosomally abnormal cousin.

Mamma Mia! That's a spicy cultural stereotype! I'm amazed the Asian community stands for such things. Dig those luscious DSL's though. If you're lucky he might wrap those rascals around your hog while you enjoy a delicious Calzone!

Dollar store Gandalf appears to be giving one of his apprentices a good dressing-down. "For the offense of bogarting the pipe-weed and generally harshing my mellow you shall be lashed thrice by Xena over there. Now, who wants to take rips out of my rad Davinci hookah"? His throne appears to be made from a fallen Ent.

I dare anyone to find a better fair. Come see for yourself! Climb onto a shoddily maintained amusement ride and plummet to your death! gently caress a sheep if that's your jam! Just don't get caught or you'll end up on a T-shirt.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

A pass to the gloryhole.

I’ve never seen a portapotty gloryhole, but if they exist, the county fair is certainly their natural environment

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Who is on which side of the Porta Potty glory hole? The anonymity is lost for one party in any event.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Who is on which side of the Porta Potty glory hole? The anonymity is lost for one party in any event.

I’m not sure. perhaps there are two holes linking disparate porta potties.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

"Where do I find the pig with huge balls?"

Edit: If a fat male carny offers to show you in his trailer, do not go there.

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 3, 2023

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I haven't had a funnel cake in twenty years abd I want one so fuckin' bad rn

Gherkin Jerkin
Jan 22, 2006

With great power, comes great crunchability...
Last year's pumpkin was bigger.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
*gets hit with bear spray*

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hated my county fair because it always fell on my birthday which meant it was impossible to throw birthday parties for me. I had one once and less than half the kids I invited didn't show cause they had fair stuff to do.

Yeah I could have tried being cooler than the fair but goddamn yall that's a tall order growing up in the backwater.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

The Grimace posted:

I haven't had a funnel cake in twenty years abd I want one so fuckin' bad rn

pm me

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Chinatown posted:

Yeah I always found that weird but its probably so people don't do insane stuff inside while its moving. (I would be one of those people)

I was that kid. No amount of g force was gonna stop me from trying to hang upside down from something.

MackAddie
Jul 10, 2001

Aw man! Smashmouth had to cancel.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Chinatown posted:

real ones know

Does it just vibrate? I can see where they might have trouble with people not getting up when they're "done"

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Dixville posted:

Does it just vibrate? I can see where they might have trouble with people not getting up when they're "done"

Yeah it's a public masturbation machine.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://youtube.com/shorts/87Yyv5k2EYo?si=m6njRdPgo-A2cVa4

Video of u at the fair I’m sorry it’s a reel or a short or whatever

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dixville posted:

drat foot freaks are everywhere. Not even the county fairs are safe anymore.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Those tents that sold knives and harley davidson bandanas and leather jackets used to be fun, but alas, many of them have become Trump themed. Last year there was 2-3 separate ones. I hope there are less this year.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

There will be more Trump merch tents before there are less

Brandi ain’t lettin me fingerbang her on the Roundup just cause I had some fries and beer first so I’m just gonna hang out with Billy Joe and Curt and we’re gonna rev our big ol trucks in the parking lot

That’s fine, just means more fries n beer for me

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

The bootleg art on the rides is the best part of any fair.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I legit enjoy the animal/farm displays at the fairs. The cows and pigs for sale, the award winning chickens, the giant pumpkins. It's great!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Last year there was an accident at the tractor pull and Frank's cousin got torn in half, so I brought a six-pack and will be sitting there hoping it happens again

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I'm taking the long way around to the fried Oreo stand, I really don't want to walk in front of the Young Republicans tent again.

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
The last county fair I went to had some westboro baptist types which was bad but it also had Reese's funnel cake which was good. In short, land of contrasts.

Jose Oquendo posted:

The bootleg art on the rides is the best part of any fair.

This 100%

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Loooottta Confederate flags for sale here.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Turkey Leg. Biggest you got. Now

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Cherry Festival? Trout Festival? Morel Festival? Old Engine Show? Bass Festival? Polka Fest?

I'm spoiled for choice here!

These are all real fairs within 30 minutes of me

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

which way to the cow tools exhibit?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

No county fair until February, so I’ll have to settle for Oktoberfest.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

Eclipse12 posted:

Cherry Festival? Trout Festival? Morel Festival? Old Engine Show? Bass Festival? Polka Fest?

I'm spoiled for choice here!

These are all real fairs within 30 minutes of me

I’ve been to three of these!

lost old man
Nov 4, 2009

I AM HUNGER.
I FEED.
Gas on pump 2. Also this C4 and a pack of smokes

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ferris Wheels at dusk really are super romantic.

As long as no one is thrown to their deaths, of course.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Hey, uh, is this where I can score some H? The sign says 4 H. Alright then, I'll try the horse barn.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Yeah it's a public masturbation machine.

this is true of most things at the county fair

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

$20 on carnival games and all I won is this ziplock baggie of water with a dead goldfish inside.

Rugikiki posted:

I’ve been to three of these!

I was about to assume you were from my area, but then I realized there are probably hundreds of fairs with the same name :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

When I was a kid, some carnie had a booth with an old car inside and you could pay $5 to hit it three times with a sledgehammer. After I paid I realized all the fun parts had already been smashed so I just had to bonk the fenders a few times