Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

at least 10 teams would be better with kyler murray. i will not be naming the teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

epic bacon posted:

at least 10 teams would be better with kyler murray. i will not be naming the teams

Browns
Steelers
Falcons
Giants
Commanders
Patriots
Jets
Titans

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Ah, the LeGarratte Blount gambit

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Im surprised Pickett is apparently playing as it seemed like hed miss a few weeks based on what people were saying. It might even benefit us to play him over trubisky considering hes not been playing well and injured and canada still calling.

Either way theres zero excuse for the Ravens to lose today outside of Lamar getting hurt. I dont wanna hear "oh ravens/steelers is always a coin toss" or crap line that. They are starting either an injured or backuo qb and we have our QB in and healthy and a supposedly top defense. You win this one or youre not a serious contender period.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
But you seem to forget that Steelers/Ravens is always a coin toss Kawa.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What would be the cap consequences from trading for Murray? I'm sure that'd be a major sticking point for any interested teams.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Mega64 posted:

What would be the cap consequences from trading for Murray? I'm sure that'd be a major sticking point for any interested teams.

Probably a bigger consideration for Arizona than the acquiring team. But they’ll have a new QB on a rookie contract.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mega64 posted:

His salary for next season is guaranteed so the new team would be on the hook for $35m next year, his numbers look like:

2024: $37m base, $2m other ($35m guaranteed)
2025: $18m base, $12m roster, $2.5m other
2026: $23m base, $17m roster, $2.5m other
2027: $19m base, $14m roster, $2.5m other
2028: $34m base, $10m roster, $2.5m other

Which, honestly, if he can be an average starting QB, that's a not-bad deal. If you think you're close on the roster and just need not-garbage QB play, you can absolutely work with that, these numbers are pretty close to say, Derek Carr's numbers and he's stinky doo-doo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

His salary for next season is guaranteed so the new team would be on the hook for $35m next year, his numbers look like:

2024: $37m base, $2m other ($35m guaranteed)
2025: $18m base, $12m roster, $2.5m other
2026: $23m base, $17m roster, $2.5m other
2027: $19m base, $14m roster, $2.5m other
2028: $34m base, $10m roster, $2.5m other

Which, honestly, if he can be an average starting QB, that's a not-bad deal. If you think you're close on the roster and just need not-garbage QB play, you can absolutely work with that, these numbers are pretty close to say, Derek Carr's numbers and he's stinky doo-doo.

I know everything is up in the air with whatever is going to happen in the future over there but it seems like Washington should take a look if they don't end up completely tanking.

I swear there's an offense somewhere under there that could work if you could just make Sam Howell a little on the brighter side of aggressively mediocre and have him stop doing dumb things.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Not to put this out into the universe but the Steelers should try to get Kyler

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

AndrewP posted:

As long as they keep Matt Canada, I am ok with it.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

AndrewP posted:

please no

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

AndrewP posted:

They tried to get Watson, so they're not against taking a swing

Edit: that being said, I think Atlanta will somehow end up with Murray or Shedeur Sanders next year

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Mega64 posted:

What kind of sick gently caress would rather spend time with his family over playing football?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Richardson dammit

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Spotted in the randomwaffle thread:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Woozie66 posted:

They tried to get Watson, so they're not against taking a swing

Edit: that being said, I think Atlanta will somehow end up with Murray or Shedeur Sanders next year

The gently caress they did lol

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

D-LINK posted:

The gently caress they did lol

They were on the list of 13 teams that contacted the Texans about the price

Woozie66 fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 9, 2023

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Woozie66 posted:

They were on the list of 13 teams that contacted the Texans about the price

https://x.com/gerrydulac/status/1501679371152678912?s=46&t=j30tBumVMG7Ob8ZnEVW5qw

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Yet only one team was slimy enough to trade for the known rapist and pay him a kings ransom

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

BrownThunder posted:

Yet only one team was slimy enough to trade for the known rapist and pay him a kings ransom

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

https://twitter.com/HolenaJohn/status/1501906356000940035?s=20

Lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Borsche69 posted:

yes i think mahomes took a day off

We’ve seen him and Andy Reid hang out and eat nuggies.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Imo that guy is right

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hilariously Trubisky is better than Watson or Mariota, and also isn't a piece of poo poo like Winston since he only loves consensual titties.

Granted, when your best QB option is Trubisky...

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

lol

quote:

In 2023, Murray will earn a base salary of $2,000,000, a signing bonus of $36,000,000 and a workout bonus of $1,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $16,007,000 and a dead cap value of $97,528,000

e: headings would be helpful here's the whole thing

Gorson fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Oct 9, 2023

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The guy the Cards started against SF looked pretty decent, if he can maintain that they'll be fine

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This guy won't last 3 years at this rate.

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1711349288897307050?t=6h-aHrk41Ji9WiS6eFRLjQ&s=19

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

A grade 3 “sprain” is complete tear of the ligaments isn’t it? How is that only 4-6 weeks?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Isn't this like the fifth time he's been injured this year

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Gorson posted:

lol

e: headings would be helpful here's the whole thing

Well, there’s no point in moving on from him this year anyway. But the dead cap next year still being $81.5 million, woof. The year after that is manageable.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The first game he could have finished, but they were down two scores and there was like less than a minute left so there was no point. The second was a concussion, and this was from a regular tackle.

So really just two times and it seems to be bad luck more than anything. It sucks because he's so fun to watch. And they only had two QB runs yesterday so it wasn't like they were running him into the ground.

But hey, Minshew Mania gets to keep sweeping the league!

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
That's a real bummer Richardson seems fragile. Watching him become the next Sam Bradford is kind of sad to think about.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Android Apocalypse posted:

That's a real bummer Richardson seems fragile. Watching him become the next Sam Bradford is kind of sad to think about.

I think Sam Bradford retired with over $100 million. Not too shabby.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

rjmccall posted:

Well, there’s no point in moving on from him this year anyway. But the dead cap next year still being $81.5 million, woof. The year after that is manageable.
I'm not sure where Gorson got the screenshot but on OverTheCap.com, you can account for trading or cutting before or after June 1st, which is a date that affects the dead money hit (after June1 the dead money hit splits across 2 years). If you go to OTC you can change a dropdown to see what the numbers look like depending on if it is a cut or trade before or after June 1st. If you look at "PreJune1 trade" the cap hit number goes down by $5,636,000 out of the official cap number of $51,857,000. If it is post-June1 then the numbers are much more favorable, but the cap hit lingers into 2025.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1711390210666225665

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I'm not sure where Gorson got the screenshot but on OverTheCap.com, you can account for trading or cutting before or after June 1st, which is a date that affects the dead money hit (after June1 the dead money hit splits across 2 years). If you go to OTC you can change a dropdown to see what the numbers look like depending on if it is a cut or trade before or after June 1st. If you look at "PreJune1 trade" the cap hit number goes down by $5,636,000 out of the official cap number of $51,857,000. If it is post-June1 then the numbers are much more favorable, but the cap hit lingers into 2025.

True, but the total cap hit is still $80m, you just get choose whether it's over one year or two

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Android Apocalypse posted:

Ehud tried to warn us, and we wouldn't listen.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

ozymandius1024 posted:

Ehud tried to warn us, and we wouldn't listen.
C.J. Stroud is the truth, hold no others before him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kurgarra Queen posted:

C.J. Stroud is the truth, hold no others before him.