Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Except for Desmond Ridder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38613684/ravens-spending-entire-week-london-game-titans

it's team building

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

This tends to work out for teams IIRC. It's a good way to acclimate and normalize the weird poo poo about playing in London.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

picked up right where he left off

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Can't be worse than the Bills' plan, which involved flying out Thursday night and staying awake for 48 hours consecutively.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

fsif posted:

Can't be worse than the Bills' plan, which involved flying out Thursday night and staying awake for 48 hours consecutively.

This is apparently the normal thing to do, leave after practice on thursday. That might help explain why those games are always rear end, the players are still probably jet lagged

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Codependent Poster posted:

The first game he could have finished, but they were down two scores and there was like less than a minute left so there was no point. The second was a concussion, and this was from a regular tackle.

So really just two times and it seems to be bad luck more than anything. It sucks because he's so fun to watch. And they only had two QB runs yesterday so it wasn't like they were running him into the ground.

But hey, Minshew Mania gets to keep sweeping the league!

When you see a bunch of injuries like that over such a short period of time I think it's more an indication that a guy doesn't know how to protect himself than "luck".

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1711432309033886111?s=20

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I like the Lions position on that chart.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I don't understand why they don't have the international games weeks 6-8/7-9 and only have teams coming off a bye (except the Jags' second game). is early November bad for scheduling a London stadium?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

indigi posted:

I don't understand why they don't have the international games weeks 6-8/7-9 and only have teams coming off a bye (except the Jags' second game). is early November bad for scheduling a London stadium?
Usually teams have a bye after their London game so I am curious why you would expect them to take the bye before.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Is it possible that Dak Prescott is a 21 Jump Street style undercover police officer inserted to investigate the NFL? And is doing a great job as qb knowing that he has a whole other job to do?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Usually teams have a bye after their London game so I am curious why you would expect them to take the bye before.

to make the quality better

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chinn is top 5 in tackles on the team

https://twitter.com/catcraveblog/status/1711401825071411345?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

BrownThunder posted:

Yet only one team was slimy enough to trade for the known rapist and pay him a kings ransom

Unlike the Steelers, who did things the right way: drafting a known rapist and paying him a kings ransom.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Is Bill Belichick the legit GM of the patriots? Is he the guy making the final call? If so, I think it's time to demote him to just coach.

Nov 6, 2002

You should tell him to demote himself, see how it goes. And while you're at it ask him to fire the sycophants and his children on staff.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Is Bill Belichick the legit GM of the patriots? Is he the guy making the final call? If so, I think it's time to demote him to just coach.

he doesn't seem like a guy who'd take that, though. and even if he did who is gonna want to come into an aggressively adversarial relationship with their new, legendary, HoF subordinate

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

indigi posted:

he doesn't seem like a guy who'd take that, though. and even if he did who is gonna want to come into an aggressively adversarial relationship with their new, legendary, HoF subordinate

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

You should tell him to demote himself, see how it goes. And while you're at it ask him to fire the sycophants and his children on staff.

Yeah they probably need to completely clean house which is crazy. I saw people claiming they were tanking to get Caleb Williams, which seems like a really far sighted plan to completely gut the offense of talent on the eve of getting your new franchise qb

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

well, it's questionable how much talent there really is on the offense to gut

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It also doesn't seem like anyone on the Patriots is or has been particularly adept at developing offensive talent, even when Brady was there.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
If the Pats continue to tank Matt Judon would be a great trade pick up for some contender.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tore his bicep last week, out until the end of the season.

Nov 6, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

It also doesn't seem like anyone on the Patriots is or has been particularly adept at developing offensive talent, even when Brady was there.

McDaniels found plenty of ways to use the mediocre talent they had at skill positions. And obviously Scarnecchia performed miracles on a regular basis with bargain bin lineman.

The bigger problem is Belichick is obsessed with value and role players at the cost of athleticism and talent. So it doesn't matter how good your coaching is when you use 4d chess logic to draft losers like Harry or Thorton. Just read this quote from War Room wherein Belichick advises Dimitroff not to draft Julio Jones.

quote:

After some general draft conversation, Dimitroff and Belichick get into the specifics of the Falcons-Browns trade,” Holley writes.

“‘Thomas, I’m just telling you as a friend,’ Belichick says, ‘I wouldn’t do it.’

“Belichick has a couple good reasons for his analysis and he’s willing to share. He often says that the primary job of a receiver is to simply get open and catch the ball, and he doesn’t like what he sees from Jones in either department. He thinks the receiver struggles to get open on intermediate routes, doesn’t play as fast as his superb timed speed suggests, and too often displays inconsistent hands. There’s also the issue of value. When Belichick began studying the 2011 draft, he saw great depth at the receiver position. Why go all-out for someone like Jones when you can likely have a Jonathan Baldwin, who, as far as Belichick can see, is just as good if not better than Jones? If Belichick wanted even more insight on Jones, he could always ask the receiver’s head coach, Nick Saban, the two-time national championship winner who was Belichick’s first defensive coordinator in Cleveland. But Belichick had seen enough on his own without going to Saban for an additional report.”

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

Tore his bicep last week, out until the end of the season.

So you guys lost Judon at the same time you lost Christian Gonzalez? That explains a bit of the defensive collapse.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Just read this quote from War Room wherein Belichick advises Dimitroff not to draft Julio Jones.

This one is the one that always gets me. I'm sure there are many, many others because look at that roster over the years. But my team benefited from a draft mixup and got to skip the Vikings and ran up to the podium to select Jonathan Baldwin and I had to witness his career.

And then they eventually traded him straight up for AJ Jenkins. Who I also got to enjoy watching.

e: AJ is still out there bulking up somewhere. We might not be safe.

Nov 6, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

This one is the one that always gets me. I'm sure there are many, many others because look at that roster over the years. But my team benefited from a draft mixup and got to skip the Vikings and ran up to the podium to select Jonathan Baldwin and I had to witness his career.

And then they eventually traded him straight up for AJ Jenkins. Who I also got to enjoy watching.

e: AJ is still out there bulking up somewhere. We might not be safe.

You just know Belichick told Pioli at some point that Baldwin was the best WR value in the draft and that's why you got to enjoy him.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Is Evero galaxy brain, or is this Reich? Either way fire Reich. Fully beating in this drum

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

So you guys lost Judon at the same time you lost Christian Gonzalez? That explains a bit of the defensive collapse.

Yeah, it's been a.... bad two weeks to say the least.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

McDaniels found plenty of ways to use the mediocre talent they had at skill positions. And obviously Scarnecchia performed miracles on a regular basis with bargain bin lineman.

The bigger problem is Belichick is obsessed with value and role players at the cost of athleticism and talent. So it doesn't matter how good your coaching is when you use 4d chess logic to draft losers like Harry or Thorton. Just read this quote from War Room wherein Belichick advises Dimitroff not to draft Julio Jones.

That is what you could call over analyzing to the point of just being stupid.

…In my gnomic studies of the depth of these catching men i have divined arkane truythes… ( crystal ball crashes off vulture claw and shatters the second tom brady puts on a buccaneers jersey)

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

You just know Belichick told Pioli at some point that Baldwin was the best WR value in the draft and that's why you got to enjoy him.
100%

That's why his dumb rear end drafted Tyson Jackson at number three.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

He's going to be an Eagle in 2 weeks for a 7th round draft pick

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Harlock posted:

He's going to be an Eagle in 2 weeks for a 7th round draft pick
Ehhh probably a 5th but yeah.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

100%

That's why his dumb rear end drafted Tyson Jackson at number three.

That would hurt a lot more if there was literally anybody else to take

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

That would hurt a lot more if there was literally anybody else to take

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_NFL_Draft

Yikes! That has to be an all time bad draft class.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Right? When you're thinking gosh I wish my team took one time pro bowler BJ Raji with the number three pick it's real bleak

Nov 6, 2002

wandler20 posted:

Yikes! That has to be an all time bad draft class.

The 2013 draft class says hi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NFL_Draft

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If that is a redraft does Kelce go overall #1

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

That's not great but it still produced some really good players like Lane Johnson, Xavier Rhodes, Nuk, Cordarrelle Patterson, Travis Frederick, Zach Ertz, Darius Slay, Travis Kelce and way more quality players than that 09 poo poo show. I mean outside of Stafford, who is the best player in that draft? LeSean McCoy? Clay Mathews? Vontae Davis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

wandler20 posted:

That's not great but it still produced some really good players like Lane Johnson, Xavier Rhodes, Nuk, Cordarrelle Patterson, Travis Frederick, Zach Ertz, Darius Slay, Travis Kelce and way more quality players than that 09 poo poo show. I mean outside of Stafford, who is the best player in that draft? LeSean McCoy? Clay Mathews? Vontae Davis?

by AV theyre basically the same draft for the top 20 positions, except Stafford is way better than anyone else in both drafts