Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lamar has never been great against the Steelers defense and I don't really expect that to change this week. anyway Ravens win something like 20-3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

Lamar has never been great against the Steelers defense and I don't really expect that to change this week. anyway Ravens win something like 20-3

Their defense has been lovely this year glancing at stats. That said, we will likely struggle against Watt with or without Stanley and I expect a conservative gameplan like we've seen with few downfield throws.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I am v happy with this avatar

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Michael Lewis would like you to know he’s a moron

https://twitter.com/samanth_s/status/1709130767601717264?s=20

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ravens 22-13

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Bellmaker posted:

Giants may have the worst O-line in the league, and there are some real abysmal ones :stonk:
I posted this a short while ago in the week 4 reaction thread but I think it's worth repeating:

There was an Athletic article about how unique Daboll's hiring process is. It's not him hiring friends on a whim but a process where all the existing staff are involved.

https://theathletic.com/4079649/2023/01/13/giants-brian-daboll-coaching-staff/

Yet for some reason he bought along Bobby Johnson from Buffalo to be OL coach. OL was rough during his three year period at the Bills. Allen covers up a lot, but the run game always stunk and no young player under Bobby's watch developed in to something good. That the Giants now have a big stinking turd of an OL should surprise nobody. That their OL draft picks aren't developing should surprise nobody.

As I Bills fan, Ryan Bates is probably the sole player who was successfully developed under Johnson. Every other worthwhile OL player was good before they arrived. Wyatt Teller had a lucky escape.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

he's played the steelers like 3 times total in his career

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

he sat out the second game of 2019 when they had the #1 seed locked up
missed the second game of 2020 with covid
missed the second game of 2021 with an injury
missed both games of 2022 with an injury

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Lamar Jackson is the only AFCN QB without an injury this year.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

So, Russ Francis died in the crash of a Cessna 177 piloted by Richard McSpadden, a former commander of the USAF Thunderbirds. The crash happened at Lake Placid; Francis had recently bought the Lake Placid Airlines scenic tour company. The 177 had an emergency immediately after takeoff.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

And they won't get the first overall pick despite it because they're still in the same league as the Chicago Football Bears

Why would they need the first pick when they have their QB of the future locked up for 4 years?

:lol:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kawalimus posted:

Lamar Jackson is the only AFCN QB without an injury this year.

Everyone else is getting injured to ensure their QB can still play.

aka The Chargers Strategy

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Aaron is very upset that he's not the storyline and would like some attention now

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1709274038516777243?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Aaron already staring into the abyss of what it's like when he retires next season and nobody cares what he says anymore

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I would believe it if Kelce got all five vaccinations

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8Mg7FV9/

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Kelce was in an ad for getting boosters. Of course Aaron dislikes him

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Michael Lewis should shut the gently caress up

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Dr_Strangelove posted:

So, Russ Francis died in the crash of a Cessna 177 piloted by Richard McSpadden, a former commander of the USAF Thunderbirds. The crash happened at Lake Placid; Francis had recently bought the Lake Placid Airlines scenic tour company. The 177 had an emergency immediately after takeoff.

I love airplanes. But general aviation planes scare the poo poo out of me.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We're like a month away from Rodgers trying to come back because he rubbed shaman cum on his ankle or whatever.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope Kelce drags Rodgers onto the field and just stomps on his legs for 4 straight quarters

That's right. Make an entirely separate game out of it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Rodgers is perfectly capable of ruining his legs on his own, thank you.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mega64 posted:

Rodgers is perfectly capable of ruining his legs on his own, thank you.

Not spiteful enough for my taste

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I really dislike the Chiefs but Kelce is cool and now I like him more because of Throw Rogan

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Codependent Poster posted:

I really dislike the Chiefs but Kelce is cool and now I like him more because of Throw Rogan

His and Jason's podcast is really good.

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

soggybagel posted:

I love airplanes. But general aviation planes scare the poo poo out of me.

Yeah and in addition to being a former Thunderbirds commander, Richard McSpadden's recent career was all about promoting general aviation safety and creating educational material for GA pilots, it's a great example of how it can happen to anyone. I know it's a super weirdly niche thing, but he made my favorite YouTube videos analyzing GA crashes and what pilots can learn from them for the Air Safety Institute channel.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Borsche69 posted:

he sat out the second game of 2019 when they had the #1 seed locked up
missed the second game of 2020 with covid
missed the second game of 2021 with an injury
missed both games of 2022 with an injury

ah, so he's just scared

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The best Steelers team of Lamar Jackson's career got dismantled by the Baker Mayfield Browns Wildcard weekend.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

kiimo posted:

Aaron already staring into the abyss of what it's like when he retires next season and nobody cares what he says anymore

lol it's great.

Rodgers calling Kelce Mr. Pfizer tells you that he's more offended by him being in a vaccine ad than he is by Swift being the bigger celeb

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If this is real, then there is a new Captain Checkdown in town. And he comes for the low low price of 55 million dollars

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Shinji2015 posted:

lol it's great.

Rodgers calling Kelce Mr. Pfizer tells you that he's more offended by him being in a vaccine ad than he is by Swift being the bigger celeb

He’s also offended Kelce stole his spot in the State Farm ads

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Pron on VHS posted:

He’s also offended Kelce stole his spot in the State Farm ads

Maybe if he was funny they would've kept him. The State Farm ads got a lot better once they started using Kelce and Reid instead of him

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Jivesauce posted:

Yeah and in addition to being a former Thunderbirds commander, Richard McSpadden's recent career was all about promoting general aviation safety and creating educational material for GA pilots, it's a great example of how it can happen to anyone. I know it's a super weirdly niche thing, but he made my favorite YouTube videos analyzing GA crashes and what pilots can learn from them for the Air Safety Institute channel.

Man, I didn't put two and two together. I've watched so many of McSpadden's videos. I watch all the Air Safety institute videos. What a blow.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

sweet thursday posted:

If this is real, then there is a new Captain Checkdown in town. And he comes for the low low price of 55 million dollars

I do not feel bad

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Joe Burrow is capable of throwing the ball down the field.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm gonna laugh if Joe just Albert Haynesworth'd the bengals

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Please be true

https://twitter.com/pickensburgh/status/1708916451946496377

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1709334403464167785

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's true. ma************@s*******.com can only be one thing.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Just lol if you don’t use a burner email address for your burner Twitter account

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

How come Reich sucks so bad, I thought he was a good play caller in Indy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think he always had the reputation of being pretty vanilla, and even though he pulled out some solid seasons with weird QB situations, he always had way more talent in Indy than he has in Carolina right now. I don't think there are many coaches who could make much out of an offense reliant on the receivers and o-line he's had for his first few games in Carolina (plus a rookie QB!), but I'm also not surprised that he's not turning out to be a "scheme the offense to outperform its talent level" guy