Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
that is a wonderful picture, though

Snipe edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
OnlyFins.com

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Trade makes sense now. Really sucks for Gonzalez, he was playing great.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1709569295976448309?s=20

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I love my stupid sport that destroys everyone that plays it

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

:wtf:
Guess Jackson misses driving from Attleboro to Foxborough at 100mph.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/CoopsFB/status/1709162765279952900#m

:yeah:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
even compared to EPA - which is kinda silly at best - CPOE is such a fake bullshit stat that describes nothing, predicts even less, and is being relentlessly pushed by the Egghead Industrial Complex so they can feel smart

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Vengarr posted:

Not exactly a revelation that good offenses require good o-line play (or a transcendent QB).
No poo poo. My point is:

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Good coaches do a lot of stuff to try and hide a weak offensive line but Reich seems incapable of changing his offense.
The Dolphins have a bottom 3 OL but have a competent offense because they scheme for it. Like... their coach is gameplanning around it being bad, by designing plays that get the ball out quick. The Texans have 4 of their 5 OL "starters" on IR yet their rookie QB is putting up 300 yard games consistently while throwing to a bunch of scrubs. Meanwhile Reich is just running the exact same offense as always and has, seemingly, not changed a thing to account for his LT regressing hard and the rest of the not doing so hot.

edit: well, there are a lot of bad OLs so maybe "bottom 5" is a better approximation.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I'm pretty sure this is someone trying to look like they're a Matt Canada burner to get even more heat on him with the fanbase and that is so much funnier to me than it being an actual burner because they're REALLY GOOD at sounding like an incompetent 51 year old middle manager type's burner. That's a level of Being A Hater that I really respect.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

god rodgers is such an arrogant piece of loving poo poo

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

MJeff posted:

I'm pretty sure this is someone trying to look like they're a Matt Canada burner to get even more heat on him with the fanbase and that is so much funnier to me than it being an actual burner because they're REALLY GOOD at sounding like an incompetent 51 year old middle manager type's burner. That's a level of Being A Hater that I really respect.

Agreed, no way a NFL coach has the time or cleverness to do this

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

How often does "LOL THIS MFER REALLY MADE A BURNER ACCOUNT" actually turn out to be true? Feels like 99% of the time it's just people stirring poo poo on Twitter.

And agreed that a mega hater faking a burner, complete with a credible email address that matches the format real teams use, might be funnier than Canada himself doing it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

god rodgers is such an arrogant piece of loving poo poo

:yeah:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

We finally have graphikal proof to what we have all been saying; baker mayfield and Russell Wilson are elite QBs

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Panthers should trade for Davante Adams. If you want to give Bryce Young a fair chance you need to give him a Dude

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Denver released Randy Gregory.

Broncos fans that have been brave enough to watch every game: has he been anything since joining the team? He was improving in Dallas right around the time he bounced, but I haven't kept up with him.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
He's been hurt a lot. Hasn't really made much of an impact at all. I think he got maybe 1 sack this year?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Docjowles posted:

How often does "LOL THIS MFER REALLY MADE A BURNER ACCOUNT" actually turn out to be true? Feels like 99% of the time it's just people stirring poo poo on Twitter.

When it does hit though like Durant it is amazingly funny so I don't blame people for wanting that to happen again.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ChocolatePancake posted:

He's been hurt a lot. Hasn't really made much of an impact at all. I think he got maybe 1 sack this year?

Hey, that's 50% of some teams sack total for the year!

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
He had two sacks last year. The one coverage sack he had this year was against the Commanders, and outside of that he's been completely useless. And the Broncos pass rush as a whole is very bad. If he can't compete there, he's bad.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I don't know football stats. What are the good stats for measuring QB effectiveness?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Vox Nihili posted:

I don't know football stats. What are the good stats for measuring QB effectiveness?

Rings

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

AndrewP posted:

Panthers should trade for Davante Adams. If you want to give Bryce Young a fair chance you need to give him a Dude

They’d have to be willing to take burns because the panthers like….don’t have draft picks.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Vox Nihili posted:

PFF rankings :buddy:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FizFashizzle posted:

They’d have to be willing to take burns because the panthers like….don’t have draft picks.

Losing Burns would suck, but I think our defense would be alright without him.

I'd prefer we keep him of course, but we need to do something to get our offense on track

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

EPA and CPOE

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

how about the Panthers 2024 second round pick and a 2025 first round pick? They can deal Burns to someone else to recoup that 2nd rounder (that's what Roquan Smith commanded last year so seems like a good comp).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AndrewP posted:

how about the Panthers 2024 second round pick and a 2025 first round pick? They can deal Burns to someone else to recoup that 2nd rounder (that's what Roquan Smith commanded last year so seems like a good comp).

I don't know if you're trolling or not with that but I want you to know I really appreciate it.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kalli posted:

I don't know if you're trolling or not with that but I want you to know I really appreciate it.

nope!

give Bryce a BFF on this offense (think Diggs, Chase, etc) and build on that for next season

Burns is a free agent next year so might as well get some value

now maybe my trade proposal is way off, I dunno

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I am chuckling because the Panthers (reportedly) turned down a '23 2nd, '24 1st and '25 1st from the Rams last year for Burns.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Vox Nihili posted:

:dong:

Nov 6, 2002

Vox Nihili posted:

Wins of course.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

This is what a peak QB looks like.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

the same way you measure golphers

by height

spelling error intended

Nov 6, 2002

well first, you really have to get a good look at the back teeth of the qb

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Vox Nihili posted:

Eye test

Failing that the official SA2K QB rankings

e: bonus answer - fantasy points

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

This tracks, we all know Nick Foles is one of the best of all time

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

In Russel Wilson’s case, it’s not CPOE but C-O-P-E.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MJeff posted:

It's definitely fake but if there's one person out there dumb enough to make a burner with their work email account it's absolutely Matt Canada.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kawalimus posted:

Their defense has been lovely this year glancing at stats. That said, we will likely struggle against Watt with or without Stanley and I expect a conservative gameplan like we've seen with few downfield throws.

It isn't, it's just on the field for 70 snaps per game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Borsche69 posted:

he sat out the second game of 2019 when they had the #1 seed locked up
missed the second game of 2020 with covid
missed the second game of 2021 with an injury
missed both games of 2022 with an injury

Right, but he has like 15 TOs and similar amount of sacks in the games he has played