Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

redshirt posted:

No prep day updates from the shitter?

Probably made the rookie mistake of not bringing his phone into the shitter and now he can’t leave to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Metric Skeleton posted:

livepost the prep process op

I start the prep at 10pm and have to wake up (I doubt I’ll sleep) at 2am. I’ll post what I’m taking and how it goes. Promise.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Don’t know how to post pictures but the stuff I need to drink is Suflave.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Colonoscopys are cool and good and need more normalization help. The flushing drink is the worst part by far

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Split prep (two batches separated by 4 hours) is easier, and also works better, so that's good.

Sedationwise you may also get something to relax you. When I get them (had a lot, crohn's), there's usually a point in the setup where they've wheeled me into the room and done all the positioning/iv tinkering/whatever I actually need to participate in, and then I just take a nap. It's real easy to just fall normally asleep under propofol. It's consciousness sedation, but you can still just intentionally go to sleep

e: fridge the second half of the prep if you haven't already. Cold tastes less salty and gross

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Piggy Smalls posted:

Don’t know how to post pictures but the stuff I need to drink is Suflave.

this fella is about to blow out your rear end in a top hat op

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Konar posted:

The FLAVOR CHOICE in BOWEL PREPARATION

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
https://imgur.com/VEBPP6x.mp4

good luck OP

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Konar posted:

lol medical mascots own

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Well OP is the Suflave eggman (?) telling the truth that SUFLAVE is the FLAVOR CHOICE

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Suflave Stevens

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Ok downed the first giant container of it. Waiting for any symptoms. Having some farting but no making GBS threads yet. It’s been 5 minutes. Tasted like the lemon Gatorade but salty as all hell.

Supposed to take the second one at 2

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

phew, good luck man. That prep will clean you 5 ways from sunday

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tragic story, they say he died on the colonoscopy table. They're suing for medical practice.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In Japan they make you chug the stuff at the office to make sure you dont have bad side effects, then you go home to chug the rest like a pants making GBS threads race.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I woke up in the recovery room to some old nurse telling me to roll over and fart, then let out a 10 second ripper from one wall to the other.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Waffle! posted:

I woke up in the recovery room to some old nurse telling me to roll over and fart, then let out a 10 second ripper from one wall to the other.

if everyone could have such a humbling experience i think the world would be a better place.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

flubber nuts posted:

if everyone could have such a humbling empowering experience i think the world would be a better place.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Piggy Smalls posted:

…I’ll like it. In all seriousness anyone go through the procedure? I’m afraid to get sedated since I’m afraid I won’t wake up and I also hate that feeling minutes after when you don’t know where you are at.

Any other procedures (health related) you goons have gone through that were scary for you? How did it go? Glad or sorry you did it?

I had my first one this year. The prep wasn't fun, but the procedure itself was pretty chill. They put me under with Propofol. Previously I had done twilight sleep for my wisdom teeth getting taken out with...I forget the drug, but not Propofol. But both sedations felt similar to me. The Propofol will knock you right out and you'll wake up what feels like minutes later and you'll be all done. And feel pretty refreshed.

The post colonoscopy meal rules. You'll enjoy that a lot.

Here's how mine went:

1) After waiting they called me in the back to prep me. They put me in a gown that had easy access to my anus.

2) I got into a bed on a cart, and they tucked me in and made me comfortable. Got the iv ready and all that poo poo.

3) They wheeled me into the room for the procedure and the anesthesiologist made small talk with me and told me he was gonna turn on the drugs in a moment. I said go right ahead and then the next thing I knew I was waking up and it was all done and then I went and ate a buncha food.

I definitely understand the reservations about going under. I had the same ones when I had to get my wisdom teeth out and then again had a little bit of anxiety about doing it for the colonoscopy. But it's not bad. It is weird as gently caress because when you wake up you feel like no time has passed. I don't get the same sensation after waking up from sleeping, but sedation drugs make me think that going under must be what death is like except I guess when you die you don't wake up again.

That's my story OP. Good luck with your rear end.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Love the stories! Well it’s 2am. Was visiting the bathroom a lot. I was super tired so fell asleep on the couch. Felt like I needed to use the restroom so sat up. Went upstairs and noticed my underwear and shorts wet. I must have leaked all over the couch. gently caress!

Now I have to chug another huge rear end container of this gross rear end salty Gatorade tasting stuff. I had put in the fridge and now since it’s 2am and I’m likely dehydrated I’m freezing cold and have to chug a cold drink.

Goons your right the drink thing is the best worst part. There was a point after initially taking it and feeling nothing for 20 minutes that maybe the drink wouldn’t work on me but drat was I wrong.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
The thing I remember most is getting a first-hand understanding of how Michael Jackson got hooked on propofol

Seriously, best nap of my life

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

Piggy Smalls posted:

Love the stories! Well it’s 2am. Was visiting the bathroom a lot. I was super tired so fell asleep on the couch. Felt like I needed to use the restroom so sat up. Went upstairs and noticed my underwear and shorts wet. I must have leaked all over the couch. gently caress!

ohhhh nooooo

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Don't forget to post here during the colonoscopy, OP.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
They used propofol for mine and I literally remember nothing and I felt fine after like 30 mins. They still told me not to drive and stuff so I didn't but I would have been fine.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Oh and I ended up taking the sutab pills cause I puked when I tried to drink the other stuff. I got through the night before one somehow but the second time I started throwing up and it didn't prep me enough so I rescheduled and did the pills. They're more expensive but I would basically pay anything not to have to drink that poo poo again.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
propofol / midazolam are hella drugs that'll make you tell the doctor / nurses all your darkest secrets and not remembering it afterwards. it's fun :)

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

Lost 6 pounds this morning. Having weighed this much since college days.
Mom also thirsty as all hell but it says I can’t drink anything now.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mom dehydrated, so what

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Side effects: Anal leakage

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

redshirt posted:

Side effects: Anal leakage

That's the intended primary effect isn't it?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

That's the intended primary effect isn't it?

I was making an "Olestra" joke.

Yeah, but also one you should be aware of and try to prevent if possible, IMO.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Being afraid is dumb op

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

:dadjoke: Hope everything comes out okay!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Remember it's important to establish dominance, pick a fight with the weakest looking member of the medical team and kick their rear end. Then the rest will respect you.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Deptfordx posted:

Remember it's important to establish dominance, pick a fight with the weakest looking member of the medical team and kick their rear end. Then the rest will respect you.

This can't be emphasized enough. The US health system is a zero sum game, you want to be a winner, so don't go in with a victim mentality or you'll get eaten alive

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Deptfordx posted:

I can't believe the guy who was dropping loads with a 30 second refractory period had any problems with dominance.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

redshirt posted:

I was making an "Olestra" joke.

Yeah, but also one you should be aware of and try to prevent if possible, IMO.

unironically why the prep sludge is incredibly salty, or why you can use gatorade - its just electrolytes and salts to replenish everything your body just evacuated out. yeehaw.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,

All done. Groggy. They gave me some versed and fentalyl (spelling). I was nervous then before I knew it I was in the recovery like nothing happened. I have this tendency to want to fall forward walking though. The drugs im sure.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
My husband had a colonoscopy and coming off the propofol was pretty weird. At first my now-husband didn't want his "kinda serious" girlfriend present, but they would not let him leave the clinic in an Uber.

So they called me back as soon as husband was awake-ish, but they needed someone who would remember what the doctor said present. He told us all went well, there was nothing to be concerned about, and give him a call if there were any further questions or changes. The doctor shook our hands and left the room and my husband looked at me and said, "when are we going to see the doctor? I have some questions." I told him the doctor just left, probably wasn't even down the hall yet, husband swore I had to be lying because he remembers everything. Still swears it to this day -- he remembers everything. We got home after the procedure and he asked me how we got there. I was like, "by car? The one you're still sitting in." He asked to know the route we had just taken. He was really nauseous, so I took the route with the fewest bumps/turns. He still to this day insists I am the one who's misremembering. 🙄

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Piggy Smalls posted:

All done. Groggy. They gave me some versed and fentalyl (spelling). I was nervous then before I knew it I was in the recovery like nothing happened. I have this tendency to want to fall forward walking though. The drugs im sure.
Congratulations. How’s ur butthole look?